Switch Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-order (limited run) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 4:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8741 posts
5114 upvotes
Toronto
Wallzii wrote: $80? Insulting money grab, pure and simple.
This is Nintendo we're talking about, they'll release old ports like Burnout paradise and LA Noire for full price or close to it. Also all Wii U ports are $80 again.

Only thing is I would've liked to see Galaxy 2 in the set, but no doubt saving that for later.
Jul 5, 2015
32 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I never got to play sunshine and galaxy (no GC or wii for me back then), so super intrigued just that like what everyone said, $79.99 uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I mean they say it did go through optimization with HD-fied so I guess I'll think about it. Also I thought there is a more polished version of 64 with better modelling on DS (while I understand porting something that was dual screen presents some challenges) that perhaps could've been ported?
Jul 5, 2015
32 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Angultra wrote: This is Nintendo we're talking about, they'll release old ports like Burnout paradise and LA Noire for full price or close to it. Also all Wii U ports are $80 again.

Only thing is I would've liked to see Galaxy 2 in the set, but no doubt saving that for later.
<-idiot who paid full price for LA Noire while I did enjoy it so much.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10448 posts
4854 upvotes
I owned the all stars on wii with all the super Mario from like super Nintendo and it was awesome. Some how ended up with 2 copys put one up on ebay and it sold for $190 lol.

Gotta get this for sure.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4583 posts
3023 upvotes
BranCracker wrote: The remasters of today are a bit more resource intensive and costly than in 1993.

If they went to that level, they'd be charging $60 a piece
Crash and Spyro trilogies were no where near $180 each. This is just a lazy cash grab and poor attempt to draw some attention away from the PS5 and Series X launch.
Apr 30, 2016
471 posts
282 upvotes
GTA
All three games on one cartridge I hope? Would suck if 2 out of 3 need to be downloaded.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1755 posts
1517 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: Crash and Spyro trilogies were no where near $180 each. This is just a lazy cash grab and poor attempt to draw some attention away from the PS5 and Series X launch.
what? you can’t possibly believe that jesus.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3884 posts
3645 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
cloak wrote: Honest question: how much are the other two? (don't have my Switch handy)
Galaxy is $28.19 CAD and you can even redeem 350 Platinum Points for 30% off.

I don't believe Sunshine was ever made available on ANY eShop (Wii, Wii U or 3DS) but I have a hard time believing it would be >$20 if it was.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3884 posts
3645 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
droccerp94 wrote: All three games on one cartridge I hope? Would suck if 2 out of 3 need to be downloaded.
On a 32 GB cartridge they better all be there, even on the WiiU Mario 64 was only like 54 MB.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2160 posts
1165 upvotes
GTA
Yes Nintendo take more of my money with re-releases.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1010 posts
603 upvotes
White Bear, ON
sparkaction wrote: Yes it is but they’re not limiting the number of units produced. Anyone that wants a copy before April 2021 will get one.

Fyi - The availability of a digital copy should limit the resale value of the physical media.
That doesn't make sense. Retail is always #1 for collectors,..... and digital doesn't change the value. Perfect example is Earthbound.
Temp. Banned
Sep 15, 2014
2461 posts
1242 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I'm more interested in the Super Mario 3D world, since I don't own a Wii U (and I can't even find one to buy at a reasonable price) and I've never played it.
The augmented reality Mario Kart looks really cool, but I doubt it's something I'd really get much use out of.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1099 posts
770 upvotes
Ottawa
droccerp94 wrote: All three games on one cartridge I hope? Would suck if 2 out of 3 need to be downloaded.
This would make me not buy... I'd pay the premium for physical but not digital
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6193 posts
4445 upvotes
Toronto
cloak wrote: There are still plenty of people that have never played one or all of them
Agreed. Never played any of them and despite my complaining may end up picking this up because I never experienced them, period. Could they run better? DEFINITELY.

I'm more excited for Super Mario World 3D + Bowser's Fury...should be great co-op with the Mrs.
With Zoomer Wireless !