Switching Programs (York to Ryerson)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2015 12:04 am
[OP]
May 18, 2015
2 posts
Scarborough, ON

Switching Programs (York to Ryerson)

Hi, this is my first post on RDF and I have a burning question that I just can't seem to find definite answers to.
I've accepted my offer to York's English program and I'm having second thoughts about it already, even before the school year has even started.
I am planning to apply to Ryerson's Business Management program after figuring out how the whole 'switching process' works.
Does anyone know the conditions in which I can switch to Ryerson's program (eg. prerequisite courses, minimum uni/ high school marks) ?
How easy is it to make the transition? I've heard numerous cases where universities intentionally make it hard to switch just to swindle students out of a few thousand bucks.
Any advice/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2124 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
I'd probably just stay at York and switch majors. York has an internship program I believe if you maintain a certain GPA (which I feel is easier to do than Ryerson).
Jul 22, 2012
535 posts
104 upvotes
Once you've done your first year of uni credits I'm pretty sure they won't even look at your high school marks for admissions purposes anymore.
[OP]
May 18, 2015
2 posts
Scarborough, ON
johanscott wrote: I'd probably just stay at York and switch majors. York has an internship program I believe if you maintain a certain GPA (which I feel is easier to do than Ryerson).
Do you know which business program in particular that has a co-op placement/ internship? I was considering Business Econ, Finance, Financial and Business Econ. or HRM (BAS).
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
2031 posts
396 upvotes
GTA
AdrianL123 wrote: Do you know which business program in particular that has a co-op placement/ internship? I was considering Business Econ, Finance, Financial and Business Econ. or HRM (BAS).
Contact the school's department. I know the BAS program has internships tho for majority of it's majors ie. accounting.