• Jan 15th, 2021 3:48 pm
[OP]
May 27, 2013
41 posts
31 upvotes

Swoop 50% off base fare

Deal Link:
Bye-Bye 2020 Sale
Yes, you read that right. Save 50% on base fares with promo code GET50. Act fast; there are only 250 available.
Late to the savings party? You can still save 20% on base fares with promo code BYE2020.

Restrictions: Book by December 29, 2020 (11:59 p.m. MT) | Travel between January 11 - June 27, 2021. | Blackout dates: February 11-16, March 11-21, April 1-6, May 20-25, 2021.
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9329 posts
4145 upvotes
Toronto
you'd be stupid to buy any flight rn under 2nd wave, no matter how cheap
Nov 14, 2015
497 posts
341 upvotes
Unionville, ON
I still haven't gotten my swoop refund from my flight that I booked in January for May, anyone else still waiting?
Jun 18, 2016
495 posts
1425 upvotes
stancehunter wrote: I still haven't gotten my swoop refund from my flight that I booked in January for May, anyone else still waiting?
You will not
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2410 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
stancehunter wrote: I still haven't gotten my swoop refund from my flight that I booked in January for May, anyone else still waiting?
Yeah, I booked a flight for May back in Nov. 2019. They will only offer credit and "refunds back to the original method of payment will come at a later time".
Nov 14, 2015
497 posts
341 upvotes
Unionville, ON
MooseV2 wrote: You will not
Usuyami wrote: Yeah, I booked a flight for May back in Nov. 2019. They will only offer credit and "refunds back to the original method of payment will come at a later time".
Swoop has started to provide refunds to the original form of payment for eligible travellers whose flights were cancelled by Swoop due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are proactively reaching out by email to travellers with eligible itineraries to provide some options. We appreciate your patience as we work through the administrative backlog.

"Eligible travellers will be contacted by Swoop via email in chronological order of cancellation, beginning with international and transborder flights cancelled in March 2020 at the outset of the pandemic."

They're owned by WestJet and I trust them, I'm sure it'll come eventually
Oct 12, 2014
809 posts
345 upvotes
London, ON
I'm still waiting too
Public Mobile
$38 month
5GB Data
Unlimited international texting
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9329 posts
4145 upvotes
Toronto
grilw wrote: Mexico doesn't shut down for anything not even for Spanish and french conquistadors!
ya, go to mexico and catch covid... they just shut down Tulum cuz there was massive outbreaks at festival parties and resorts this past couple months, and Cancun's not doing too well either
Jul 28, 2017
159 posts
210 upvotes
What is the $2.56 (per one way) "Air Passenger Protection Regulation Surcharge"?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2298 posts
655 upvotes
stancehunter wrote: Swoop has started to provide refunds to the original form of payment for eligible travellers whose flights were cancelled by Swoop due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are proactively reaching out by email to travellers with eligible itineraries to provide some options. We appreciate your patience as we work through the administrative backlog.

"Eligible travellers will be contacted by Swoop via email in chronological order of cancellation, beginning with international and transborder flights cancelled in March 2020 at the outset of the pandemic."

Lots of loaded words: proactively, eligible, eventually...
Oct 23, 2016
67 posts
39 upvotes
stancehunter wrote: Swoop has started to provide refunds to the original form of payment for eligible travellers whose flights were cancelled by Swoop due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are proactively reaching out by email to travellers with eligible itineraries to provide some options. We appreciate your patience as we work through the administrative backlog.

Website says the same thing it said in November, that they are offering refunds and starting with March 2020 flights. 10 weeks later they are still working on March 2020 flights. Can that be correct? I had April 2020 flights that were canceled and have not heard a word. Is there anyone with canceled swoop flights that have heard from swoop regarding a refund?