[Swoop air line] Swoop $99 or Less Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 3:23 pm
Sep 22, 2016
269 posts
269 upvotes
Dmbpjfan wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:38 am
Has anyone flown with them? Thoughts? Similar to spirit?
I took a round trip flight last year, Hamilton to Las Vegas.

Check in process was a bit annoying, couldn't get the online checkin working, huge lineup at the Hamilton airport.
I am not sure if the online system was down on the specific day or it's always having issues.
Apart from that, just standard budget airline. Not that bad, you sleep and you're there (no entertainment)!
Feb 3, 2019
71 posts
48 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:17 am
Swoop planes don't have in flight entertainment, just in case you didn't know, but they had paid wifi.
There is flight entertainment, you have to download their app. and you have access to their movies and stuff, it's not that bad lol
Feb 3, 2019
71 posts
48 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:43 am
I took a round trip flight last year, Hamilton to Las Vegas.

Check in process was a bit annoying, couldn't get the online checkin working, huge lineup at the Hamilton airport.
I am not sure if the online system was down on the specific day or it's always having issues.
Apart from that, just standard budget airline. Not that bad, you sleep and you're there (no entertainment)!
There's entertainment as long as you download their app...and you have access to their movies and odd games lol
Sep 22, 2016
269 posts
269 upvotes
Actually, if I remember correctly, they do have an app, but not sure if its like the westjet app that have movies and tv shows on it.
Oct 4, 2009
24 posts
4 upvotes
How strict are they with 'personal item'? I ask because a personal item can exceed the dimensions on their website yet still fit under the seat in front of you. Anyone who's had experience flying with Swoop: do they force you to measure your personal item / have you seen them do this?
Last edited by demil7 on Aug 13th, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 10, 2019
24 posts
26 upvotes
demil7 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:48 am
How strict are they with 'personal item'? I ask because a personal item can exceed the dimensions on their website yet still fit under the seat in front of you. Anyone who's had experience flying with Swoop: do they force you to measure your personal item / have you seen them do this?
Not very strict. I fly regularly YEG-YWG.
Sep 22, 2016
269 posts
269 upvotes
demil7 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:48 am
Not on my flight, but when I did my research, seems like they sometimes do it..
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
49850 posts
14949 upvotes
^ I was going to ask if it was Swoop or Sunwing or some low cost alternative.

Can't wait for the December passenger charter to kick in so I can make some money thanks to carrier delays.
<unnecessary>
Nov 3, 2006
108 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
I flew with them once last June to Fort Lauderdale and the trip was smooth as butter. However, I do not doubt people who have left negative reviews so factor in delays and cancellations when booking.
Dec 2, 2014
299 posts
255 upvotes
Calgary, AB
would it be too risky to book with them for next February? seems like a great deal to go to mexico. worth the drive up to edmonton from calgary and parking too
Last edited by frankyCrankie on Aug 13th, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3110 posts
1072 upvotes
GTA
Comparing this to the Flair Air thread. Swoop seems like tier 1 airline lol
May 25, 2019
64 posts
43 upvotes
Damn those deals to florida are amazing. Too bad airport selection is limited
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2087 posts
1053 upvotes
I just booked London ON to Edmonton, AB, round way in September for less than $100!!!
Worth the drive.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)