Hot Deals

[Swoop air line] Swoop $99 or Less Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 3:23 pm
Oct 4, 2009
24 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton to Fort Lauderdale for $89 is insane. I used to think Spirit deals were great from Niagara Falls US side, but this takes the cake. Don't need to deal with the border.
Jul 10, 2013
55 posts
38 upvotes
Oakville
demil7 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 11:48 am
Hamilton to Fort Lauderdale for $89 is insane. I used to think Spirit deals were great from Niagara Falls US side, but this takes the cake. Don't need to deal with the border.
Agreed. Did it last year and just booked another one. No complaints from my experience last year - just pack some empty waterbottles, snacks and tablets for the kids and you'll be fine.
Oct 14, 2017
458 posts
319 upvotes
frankyCrankie wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 11:36 am
would it be too risky to book with them for next February? seems like a great deal to go to mexico. worth the drive up to edmonton from calgary and parking too
What do you mean by risky?
Mar 13, 2012
818 posts
389 upvotes
Near You
TomRFD wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 12:37 pm
Probably wants to know the likelihood that they'll cease operating by then.
With a name like "swoop" I am hardly surprised.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Sep 15, 2016
182 posts
76 upvotes
We flew Abbotsford to Las Vegas in May on Swoop. Abbotsford side not strict at all about our personal items. Las Vegas was extremely strict. Made us rearrange one of our bags and move stuff around. Same bag, same size that is was in Abbotsford, oh well.
Once we landed in Abbotsford it took forever to go through customs. My advise to that issue is to purchase a seat at the front of the plane, first off, first through customs. We did not and were at the back. They only have 2 customs officers stations and no Nexus line-up. I think it took 1.5 hours to get through that.
Dec 1, 2016
315 posts
172 upvotes
Does Swoop price adjust? I booked a flight for September earlier this year and now the return flight is only 18 Bucks oO. Would they adjust my price or not even bother calling them?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2049 posts
301 upvotes
Be aware that they often cancel flights. You are rebooked at some random dates or reimbursed which is always a big loss if you have to return anyway.
Oct 3, 2013
404 posts
359 upvotes
Bubblegum86 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 1:39 pm
Does Swoop price adjust? I booked a flight for September earlier this year and now the return flight is only 18 Bucks oO. Would they adjust my price or not even bother calling them?
These days, no airline will ever price adjust for you outside of 24 hours from booking.
Sep 2, 2014
7 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Actually there is a bus direct from Richmond Hill! It leaves from Silvercity (cineplex movie theatre plaza) and actually goes straight to Pearson then to Hamilton (not to the airport but at least its in the city) - I take it all the time to Pearson (take 407 so rarely traffic) - only takes 20 mins and you can use your presto and its about once every 30 mins to 1 hr depending on what time (runs super early and late) - Go BUS ROUTE 40 :)
Dec 1, 2007
624 posts
77 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Two things - military gets 3 free checked bags so it’s well worth it. Also, London ON flights are included too so check them out!

Just flew London to Abbotsford round trip for $329 or so. No issues with the flights or booking etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3946 posts
1733 upvotes
jello_bob wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 1:53 pm
Two things - military gets 3 free checked bags so it’s well worth it. Also, London ON flights are included too so check them out!

Just flew London to Abbotsford round trip for $329 or so. No issues with the flights or booking etc.
Ive been eyeing that London, ON to Las Vegas flight for under $99US...now if I could find a reasonable priced hotel.

How many checked bags do regular people get?
TomRFD wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 12:37 pm
Probably wants to know the likelihood that they'll cease operating by then.
Can a person do a chargeback at all with their CC if the airline goes out of business?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2087 posts
1053 upvotes
Sejad wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 2:37 pm
Can a person do a chargeback at all with their CC if the airline goes out of business?
Yes, when Jetsgo/Canjet went bankrupt, CC will recover the $$ for you. And Swoop is a Westjet company, I guess it will not doing the closure without advance notice to damage their brand reputation.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7941 posts
1006 upvotes
Sejad wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 2:37 pm
How many checked bags do regular people get?
None. You can bring on one personal item such as a backpack, purse or laptop bag but checked-bags and even carry-on lugguage costs extra. Fees for carry-ons starts at $35, checked-bags starts at $40 each.

Keep in mind that Swoop charges for everything including water although use of the bathroom is still free at least.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3946 posts
1733 upvotes
Winkle wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 3:53 pm
None. You can bring on one personal item such as a backpack, purse or laptop bag but checked-bags and even carry-on lugguage costs extra. Fees for carry-ons starts at $35, checked-bags starts at $40 each.

Keep in mind that Swoop charges for everything including water although use of the bathroom is still free at least.
Still not a bad price for carry-ons.

Also, bring empty water bottles like someone mentioned on here and fill it up at the airport possibly.