Hot Deals

[Swoop air line] Swoop $99 or Less Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 3:23 pm
Oct 4, 2009
24 posts
4 upvotes
None. You can bring on one personal item such as a backpack, purse or laptop bag but checked-bags and even carry-on lugguage costs extra. Fees for carry-ons starts at $35, checked-bags starts at $40 each.
I plan on bringing a laptop backpack and just packing it with clothes or whatever I need. Do you think they'll check the dimensions and think of that as a "carry-on" or is the assumption that a carry-on is luggage style bag with wheels. Backpacks are such a grey area, that's why I ask.
Nov 7, 2017
116 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
demil7 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 5:08 pm
I plan on bringing a laptop backpack and just packing it with clothes or whatever I need. Do you think they'll check the dimensions and think of that as a "carry-on" or is the assumption that a carry-on is luggage style bag with wheels. Backpacks are such a grey area, that's why I ask.
Yes, they checked. I had a Herschel Little America Backpack and I tried my best to put it in a carry-on metal basket to measure the size.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
30510 posts
2519 upvotes
Winnipeg
antigonah wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:03 am
Just keep in mind, only a personal item is included. Carry on items incur extra charges.
What is the difference?
Jan 17, 2009
521 posts
18 upvotes
divx wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 5:25 pm
What is the difference?
personal item = purse/ small backpack/ laptop bag you put under your seat
carry-on = large duffel / small suitcase you put in the storage above
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
3373 posts
2054 upvotes
If anyone flown low cost airlines in Europe, you'll know what you are dealing with. Like 1hr flight with Ryan air with personal item can be as cheap as $16 EUR 1 way.

Swoop is answer to Flair.

Rouge was AC's answer to Westjet but Westjet is slowly moving up so expect Rouge to degrade further to fight Swoop.... or if that AC/Tranact deal go thru, I expect there may be even more low cost solution.
Sep 2, 2017
251 posts
246 upvotes
Edmonton
Xtrema wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 5:42 pm
If anyone flown low cost airlines in Europe, you'll know what you are dealing with. Like 1hr flight with Ryan air with personal item can be as cheap as $16 EUR 1 way.

Swoop is answer to Flair.

Rouge was AC's answer to Westjet but Westjet is slowly moving up so expect Rouge to degrade further to fight Swoop.... or if that AC/Tranact deal go thru, I expect there may be even more low cost solution.
Yeah I could really see AC doing something like that with Air Transat if the new bid/deal goes through.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
1811 posts
469 upvotes
gta
never again with this stupid airline
cancel my wife trip one day prior to departing. she ended up having to drive to Winnipeg cause cant get another flight with reasonable price and family members already gather at her parents house for their annual summer get together
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
3373 posts
2054 upvotes
DealDemon wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 5:55 pm
never again with this stupid airline
cancel one day prior to departing.
Swoop would have been better if 737 Max weren't grounded. Flair has similar issues.

Swoop was supposed to get the hand me down planes when 737 Max get into service with Westjet.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6029 posts
710 upvotes
Mississauga
xerane wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 5:28 pm
personal item = purse/ small backpack/ laptop bag you put under your seat
carry-on = large duffel / small suitcase you put in the storage above
I remember stories of people basically wearing multiple layers of clothing so they can avoid having to pay the carry-on fee.

Layering several pairs of shirts/shorts sounds like the RFD way to go.
Mar 15, 2010
709 posts
974 upvotes
Toronto
Longobongo wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 6:30 pm

Im an RFDer, and No ... no that is not the way i would go
[OP]
Aug 1, 2006
479 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
Bexster wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 1:46 pm
Actually there is a bus direct from Richmond Hill! It leaves from Silvercity (cineplex movie theatre plaza) and actually goes straight to Pearson then to Hamilton (not to the airport but at least its in the city) - I take it all the time to Pearson (take 407 so rarely traffic) - only takes 20 mins and you can use your presto and its about once every 30 mins to 1 hr depending on what time (runs super early and late) - Go BUS ROUTE 40 :)
Doesn't look too practical to me- just took a quick look and it costs 30.00 by Uber from Hamilton Go station to Hamilton airport, and the Hamilton route 20 bus is cheaper but takes 43 min from Hamilton Go station to Hamilton airport.
Jun 15, 2018
535 posts
186 upvotes
antigonah wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:03 am
Just keep in mind, only a personal item is included. Carry on items incur extra charges.
Checked for the gf to visit her friend in Edmonton. 1 checked bag + extra leg room seat was $282.97 return.

Air canada that same return ticket was $700+bags
Westjet it was $722 including bags.

Even if she paid for drinks, food, Wifi on the swoop plane would still be Atleast 50% cheaper.
Oct 13, 2016
180 posts
157 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
Longobongo wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 6:30 pm
I remember stories of people basically wearing multiple layers of clothing so they can avoid having to pay the carry-on fee.

That’s the spirit I’ve come to expect of rfders
Apr 1, 2009
27 posts
13 upvotes
Abbotsford
Flew with Swoop and I have no complaints. Anyone who complains about the cost is a buffoon.