Expired Hot Deals

[Swoop Air] SWOOP Airlines Cheap Flights to Select Canadian Cities

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2018 11:56 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1176 posts
265 upvotes
Martin09 wrote: Well that's underwhelming. I get that they want to fly to cheaper airports but by the time I get to YEG the money I saved on the flight is pissed away by gas and time.

Hope Flair can get in there soon. If they can go to and from YYZ now affordably I hope they can swing something for Calgary.
yeah, why are these low cost carriers not servicing YYC?

higher airport fees maybe?
Dec 13, 2017
63 posts
33 upvotes
Lake Louise
Clement wrote: yeah, why are these low cost carriers not servicing YYC?

This is my understanding, but now Flair is flying in and out of YVR and YYZ and if I remember correctly those two airports are the most expensive in the country. *Shrugs*

You'd hope that Westjet could swing something in their hometown but I guess not.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1176 posts
265 upvotes
Martin09 wrote: This is my understanding, but now Flair is flying in and out of YVR and YYZ and if I remember correctly those two airports are the most expensive in the country. *Shrugs*

You'd hope that Westjet could swing something in their hometown but I guess not.
yeah, shrug. it just means i make less domestic trips and more international.

makes no sense to pay $700 to fly to toronto when i can pay the same to go to Paris.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1341 posts
377 upvotes
Halton
Wow, really surprised by the complaints in this thread.

Booked family of 5, Ontario to BC for $1,300 all in.. MID SUMMER!! (3 checked bags)
I get some of the inconvenience of some of the flight times and locations but we're talking about a distance of slightly over 4,000 km for about $260 during prime travel season!!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7622 posts
3987 upvotes
Kootenays
markol wrote: A drive from Abbotsford to Vancouver is less than an hour...
Maybe from midnight to 5 am.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3590 posts
473 upvotes
Clement wrote: yeah, why are these low cost carriers not servicing YYC?

I would guess it is because west Jet has there base there
Flair had some decent prices as well.... They dont fly in or out of YYC either though
Last edited by shushwap on Feb 1st, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1700 posts
611 upvotes
Montreal, QC
CheapoFillipo wrote: Wow, really surprised by the complaints in this thread.
they are valid complaints though. it's a deals website, we're looking at making savings. when you factor everything in, does it make it hot? if you live in any of those cities, it's a great deal. if you are not, depends. I'm in Montreal so this is totally a bummer as no big cities are included
Jul 3, 2013
376 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Yea after taxes it comes out to a regular flight. Seemed cheap.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3781 posts
1057 upvotes
DuDe1411 wrote: no yyz no hot!
Probably because yyz airport fees are some of the highest in the world. Gotta drive to Hamilton to save money!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3052 posts
1647 upvotes
GTA
SomeOtherDude wrote: Probably because yyz airport fees are some of the highest in the world. Gotta drive to Hamilton to save money!
I'd rather fly out of YHM anyway.

Cheaper parking, less lineups and I don't have to wait an hour or more for my bags.
May 23, 2016
138 posts
83 upvotes
Just got email from Swoop:
Let’s get exclusive
We are so excited that you decided to stay in the loop with Swoop, we are giving you a 15% promo code that you can use on web only bookings.
Your Promo Code
YAYSwoop
Use the promo code above when booking your next Swoop flight online.

Promo Code Terms & Conditions:
Promo code applicable for online web bookings only.
Book By: Feb 28, 2018 | Travel Dates: June 20-Dec 13, 2018 | Blackout dates: June 28-July 3, 2018; August 2-7, 2018; August 30-September 4, 2018; October 4-9, 2018; November 8-13, 2018 | One promo code per booking | Up to 2 travellers per booking | Discount applicable to base fare only. Not applicable on taxes, fees, or ancillary products and services | Number of redemptions limited to 1000.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1440 posts
861 upvotes
Vancouver
bubs21 wrote: Just got email from Swoop:
Let’s get exclusive
We are so excited that you decided to stay in the loop with Swoop, we are giving you a 15% promo code that you can use on web only bookings.
Your Promo Code: YAYSwoop

Number of redemptions limited to 1000.
That should last for a few hours, maybe, if bookings continue...

I tried for $0 + taxes each way

Now it's $197 each way

+ carry-on fee $
+ baggage fee $$
+ 1-hour shuttle to right city for departure $$$
+ 1-hour shuttle to right city for arrival $$$$
+ extra 2-hours of wasted time $$$$$
+ REPEAT last 4 lines for return trip $$$$$$

SAVE 60% off a new Lexus, but in order to save you money, we've removed the tires and seats.

But, for those less inconvenienced by the locations and departure times, then it's a great deal.

Swoop WestJet has had massive radio, TV, print and internet free advertising on this, coast-to-coast, worth a million $. Smart marketing. Everybody's talking about it.

Did you realize...
If you miss your WestJet flight, there's often another flight 1 hour later. WestJet has never charged me for that. If you miss your Swoop flight, your next flight is probably ONE DAY LATER and it's probably completely booked and there will be change fees GUARANTEED. You are NOT on WestJet. That's why these flights almost NEVER depart or arrive on time.
Last edited by RxMills on Feb 1st, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Apr 18, 2009
212 posts
81 upvotes
Hamilton
even though its a westjet sub we're not going to be able to use westjet points, right?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8533 upvotes
GTHA
JC69 wrote: I thought WestJet was already a budget airline in terms of service.
Swoop is an ULCC (Ultra Low Cost Carrier)

"Key to the ULCC model, made popular in Europe with carriers such as RyanAir and easyJet and in the U.S. with Spirit Airlines, is offering a low base fare and charging customers extra for everything from priority boarding to seat selection and baggage. "
from http://business.financialpost.com/trans ... rier-swoop

wavephonic wrote: even though its a westjet sub we're not going to be able to use westjet points, right?
Yes

"In keeping the Swoop brand separate from the mainline carrier, WestJet passengers will not be able to use their rewards program on the ULCC flights."
from http://business.financialpost.com/trans ... rier-swoop