Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Swoop

Easter sale, 30% off base fares anywhere we fly

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2022 10:55 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto

Easter sale, 30% off base fares anywhere we fly

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 18, 2022
Retailer:
Swoop

Don't miss this Easter Sale! From now until April 18th (11:59 pm MT) use promo code GOBUNNY and get 30% off base fares anywhere we fly.

Swoop Orders the 737 MAX
Take a quick look at this order, and why it might cause a bit of a stir.
Destiny is all
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1429 posts
1128 upvotes
Alberta
silverado123 wrote: $50 base fare, $125 for checked bags
In Europe this has been the trend for many years. How many bags are you checking in? I thought the max charge for one checked bag like $60.
Can't compare swoop to normal airlines otherwise there fares will be like that too. Couple times we used it, it wasn't a bad experience you just have to be prepared boarding such airlines that you have to pay for everything including water.
Apr 16, 2020
279 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
This is Swoop's first time in Ottawa this year.

How is the reliability of them?
Jul 22, 2006
807 posts
1676 upvotes
Swoop......when you need to get there someday. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
3117 posts
1665 upvotes
I love how Canadians cry and moan about how we have ridiculously high airfare and it's hard to travel around the country...but the minute ULCCs launch and provide actual low cost airfare, there is nothing but bitching about how they don't get free checked bags or business class style seats.

No wonder nothing launches in this country and we're stuck with various oligopolies.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2009
1209 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
hi-tech wrote: I love how Canadians cry and moan about how we have ridiculously high airfare and it's hard to travel around the country...but the minute ULCCs launch and provide actual low cost airfare, there is nothing but bitching about how they don't get free checked bags or business class style seats.

No wonder nothing launches in this country and we're stuck with various oligopolies.
+1

Leave your monocles at home.
Jul 22, 2006
807 posts
1676 upvotes
hi-tech wrote: I love how Canadians cry and moan about how we have ridiculously high airfare and it's hard to travel around the country...but the minute ULCCs launch and provide actual low cost airfare, there is nothing but bitching about how they don't get free checked bags or business class style seats.

Yeah, no. The biggest complaint I hear is about ULCCs is the delays and or schedule changes. If you have plenty of spare time go ahead and book with them. If you're on a certain timeline, forget it. Your return flight may be a week later.

Since when do the "oligopolies" offer free checked bags or business class style seats? Last time I checked you had to pay extra for those.

By the time one is done with ULCCs nickel and diming you realize you're really only saving money if you don't check a bag or bring carry on a bag.

One also realizes how much of the fare is taxes and other other fees charged by the airport or government and is out of the airlines control. Have you looked at how much "airport improvement fees" are.

I don't know where you're hearing about the bitching about the seats or free checked bags.
Jun 10, 2003
898 posts
856 upvotes
I agree with the concerns with ULCCs. I am happy to see secondary markets like Hamilton and Kitchener-Waterloo having services as using Pearson for ALL flying in the Golden Horseshoe is ridiculous.

However I have used Swoop on 3 occasions. Twice the flight was delayed (over 5 hours) or cancelled. We were fine as the cancelled flight only impacted us by one day on vacations at the direct destination, but I am sure it hurt people with connecting flights or cruises.

I would pay regular fares if I could fly out of Hamilton or KW reliably as the process of flying is actually reasonably fast (maximum 1 hour checkin even with customs). I hate that at Pearson I have to spend 2-3 hours getting to the flight or waiting, which makes the travel time that much longer.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2820 posts
458 upvotes
silverado123 wrote: $50 base fare, $125 for checked bags
shinku wrote: In Europe this has been the trend for many years. How many bags are you checking in? I thought the max charge for one checked bag like $60.
Can't compare swoop to normal airlines otherwise there fares will be like that too. Couple times we used it, it wasn't a bad experience you just have to be prepared boarding such airlines that you have to pay for everything including water.
Sometimes, for $125 (and $250 return), it is just cheaper to buy your vacation clothes at Walmart/Target/GAP etc. when you get to the destination and donate them away before boarding the return flight.
Apr 4, 2017
307 posts
242 upvotes
Flew Swoop round-trip to Orlando 2 weeks ago. My wife and I crammed 9 days worth of stuff into our backpacks which we brought as our free personal item. Our flights were on time and we had zero issues. I'd fly Swoop again.
Jul 7, 2016
262 posts
685 upvotes
Peel
I just booked with swoop for the first time last week, and am starting to get a bit nervous reading some reviews and posts. 5 night All Inclusive for a buddy's wedding in November in Jamaica. It worked out to be less than 50% the cost anyone else flying direct, so I thought it was worth it.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1429 posts
1128 upvotes
Alberta
Tihor05 wrote: I just booked with swoop for the first time last week, and am starting to get a bit nervous reading some reviews and posts. 5 night All Inclusive for a buddy's wedding in November in Jamaica. It worked out to be less than 50% the cost anyone else flying direct, so I thought it was worth it.
When I book these kinds of flights, I look at the "what if" scenario. What if flight is cancelled, do they have a scheduled flight the following day or two? Or is it only once a week? If I'm at a resort then I don't waste time with once a week scheduled flight. But if I'm going to say to Ottawa I could care less if it's over a week as I'm just visiting family so there is no overhead.
Secondly I never do connecting flights with these types of carriers.
Finally use a good credit card to buy airline tickets as they will convey your flight interruption (or cancellation) cost from food, luggage to hotel.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1429 posts
1128 upvotes
Alberta
Figure I share our experience
Flew to Ottawa. My mom who is almost 80 flew a week before us and had no issues. One checked baggage and one personal item. Flight left 9 minutes early and arrived on time.

We flew yesterday to Ottawa with 2 kids and had no issues. Just like any other flight we make sure our kids have their items for the flight. My son loves to read so he had his book and daughter loves to draw. Flight left on time and arrived 12 minutes early. Funny thing is our luggage came within 10 minutes whereas air Canada and WestJet are notoriously slow in Ottawa for whatever reason. The fastest I have ever gotten our luggage is 30 minutes

Cost wise including checked baggage and seat selection charges, it cost me sane for 4 tickets on swoop as it would have costed me for one ticket on WestJet or air Canada.