Expired Hot Deals

[Swoop ultra low fares] Swoop Abbotsford BC to YEG $9 one way all in

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2018 12:49 pm
Nov 26, 2015
293 posts
426 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ship yourself in a box next Tuesday and save yourself the $9.
Jun 22, 2009
897 posts
429 upvotes
Vancouver
Mok122cobra wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 12:32 am
Ship yourself in a box next Tuesday and save yourself the $9.
If your under 5kg lol
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1482 posts
544 upvotes
TBD
Has anyone flown with Swoop yet? On the last two legs of my Swoop flights, I was sitting beside large people and they ended up overflowing into my seating area. They couldn't do much about it, they were just large. They weren't extremely obese which is why I thought it was odd we were so squished. Flight was full, couldn't change seats.

So my question is, are the seats a lot narrower on Swoop vs. AC/WJ?
Apr 23, 2014
594 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kevdanga wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 4:27 am
Has anyone flown with Swoop yet? On the last two legs of my Swoop flights, I was sitting beside large people and they ended up overflowing into my seating area. They couldn't do much about it, they were just large. They weren't extremely obese which is why I thought it was odd we were so squished. Flight was full, couldn't change seats.

The seats on basically all narrow body aircrafts are very similar. You can only fit 6 across on 737-800 (although a320 can be different but AC is also going forward with 737).

With 777 its a different deal as some airline have 9 across and most 10.
Apr 23, 2014
594 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kevdanga wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 4:27 am

The seats on basically all narrow body aircrafts are very similar. You can only fit 6 across on 737-800 (although a320 can be different but AC is also going forward with 737).

Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1482 posts
544 upvotes
TBD
vanclty wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 4:57 am

Right, I didn't think they were narrow enough to squeeze in a seat. But it's also believable that the airline would use narrower seats for the weight savings.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2421 posts
1946 upvotes
Calgary
vanclty wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 4:57 am
That's really not the issue. It's legroom or "pitch." There is a widely-supported bipartisan bill in the US that would set standards because being forced to not be able to stretch out or move is a health safety risk; blood clots can form, for instance. Canadians? Just like not legislating that our pilots get enough rest, unlike US and many other countries' rules (so Air Canada tries to land on top of other airplanes), we're screwed.
In your pants!
Apr 23, 2014
594 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FatWallet wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 8:15 am
That's really not the issue. It's legroom or "pitch." There is a widely-supported bipartisan bill in the US that would set standards because being forced to not be able to stretch out or move is a health safety risk; blood clots can form, for instance. Canadians? Just like not legislating that our pilots get enough rest, unlike US and many other countries' rules (so Air Canada tries to land on top of other airplanes), we're screwed.
he was taklking about width.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2421 posts
1946 upvotes
Calgary
vanclty wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 1:21 am
he was taklking about width.
And I was saying that is not the worst issue because legroom is the thing that can have a direct effect on health. I'm 6' 7" so I know of what I speak.

If someone is obese, only then is width much of an issue.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
2445 posts
3307 upvotes
Langley, BC
But when these planes crash, who will pay for the search and recovery of the bodies? Not tax payers I hope.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1477 posts
80 upvotes
Owned by westjet. We need more competition, not some fake discount brands owned by the duopolies who are trying to kill competition. No thanks!
Mar 27, 2005
327 posts
17 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 3:48 pm
they are backed by Westjet. Only dumping cheap seats to kill the competition - Flair Air.
if you actually want ULCCs to succeed in canada, support Flair because if they cease to exist, prices will go up again
Isn't this illegal practice under antitrust laws?
Aug 22, 2003
183 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby
I flew with Swoop in the summer round trip from Abbotsford to Hamilton. The planes were clean, nicely refurbished. The on flight entertainment was free and streaming wifi to tablets, just like westjet. The selection of movies, tv shows and games wasn't as large as westjet, but was adequate. I rather enjoyed it for how little I paid. Just bring your own food and buy your drinks from an airport after you pass through security and you will save on that. The staff were also friendly, everything was just like westjet - just more pink and grey. I will have no problem saving $ and flying them again.
Dec 5, 2012
91 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
morris_the_cat wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 3:12 pm
I flew with Swoop in the summer round trip from Abbotsford to Hamilton. The planes were clean, nicely refurbished. The on flight entertainment was free and streaming wifi to tablets, just like westjet. The selection of movies, tv shows and games wasn't as large as westjet, but was adequate. I rather enjoyed it for how little I paid. Just bring your own food and buy your drinks from an airport after you pass through security and you will save on that. The staff were also friendly, everything was just like westjet - just more pink and grey. I will have no problem saving $ and flying them again.
I am looking to fly the same route. Mind telling me how much you paid? Trying to see what a good deal is on this flight path.

thanks