None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2751 posts
423 upvotes
North York

Syndicate Outdoors - lawn maintenance company - any comments

I recently bought a "deal of the day" for their services - was supposed to be for $350 worth of services - personally I was very disappointed - work both shoddy and incomplete - wondering if anyone else had similar problems. Giving them one more week to come and complete their work - otherwise going back to dealgetters and asking for refund. Your comments please - either here or through PM
4 replies
May 10, 2011
1 posts
CONCORD
sheriffabc wrote: I recently bought a "deal of the day" for their services - was supposed to be for $350 worth of services - personally I was very disappointed - work both shoddy and incomplete - wondering if anyone else had similar problems. Giving them one more week to come and complete their work - otherwise going back to dealgetters and asking for refund. Your comments please - either here or through PM

I purchased the same package from teamsave and are having the same problems. I spoke with a teamsave rep. about my disappointment and they informed me they have received numerous complaints about this company and would refund me.

It looks like they under estimated how many people would purchase there package and now they can't cope.Still that's no excuse. All it did was give them a bad name.
May 5, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Yep, I had the same experience. The company is run by a Durham College student out of his parent's house, and I'm not sure if he just got overwhelmed by all the sales, or if he's just a scammer. Either way, this company is horribly unprofessional and have received many complaints from most, if not all, of the "daily deal" sites they advertised on.

The don't return emails or phone calls, don't do the work promised, and in the very few reported cases where someone actually showed up to do work, they did a very poor and amateur job. I'd ask for a refund before wasting any more time with these guys.
Jan 14, 2006
24 posts
Same issues on my end. I bought through WagJag for me and my parents. Syndicate did email one of us after we tried to reach them on numourous occassions with confirmed date on when they would perform the service with a list of different things that would happen in the first visit (aeration, trimming, pruning, etc.).

Anyway, they didn't come on their confirmed date and when they did they didn't perform the service they committed to. 2 guys showed up in a rental van and did a poor job cutting the grass and just left. They didn't even rake the grass. So sad. Been emailing them everyday with no response. My parents had the same experience.

Called WagJag and they were very understanding, apologized for the experience and provided a refund.

If this company ever gets around to providing the tiny bit of service they promised the spring will be over and the maintenance will be pointless. Not sure if they believe they can skate through with few complaints.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2751 posts
423 upvotes
North York
Well I got mine through Deal GHetters and Deal Getters were very responsive! We have given Syndicate a chance to remedy and finish the work by this weekend. If not Deal Getters have offered to reimburse me.