None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6014 posts
861 upvotes

System Crashes on Startup - Suspected due to AOMEI Backup

Hi,

I installed AOMEI Backupper a few days ago. Today was my first reboot since the installation, I believe.

My Windows 7 32 bit system now crashes EVERY time it tries to boot up. I cannot enter the Windows environment.

When I try booting in safe mode, the last line item seen is "ambakdrv.sys" - which I googled and seems to be related to AOMEI Backupper. This is in line with the timeframe was well since I just installed this application a few days ago.

Do you think this program is the culprit?

How do I fix this?

Unfortunately I don't have a Windows recovery backup from just before the installation of this program.

Thanks in advance.
Share:
5 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13844 posts
3009 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
You can try using some kind of emergency boot flash drive/disc, then rename ambakdrv.sys to ambakdrv.dud (or whatever).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6014 posts
861 upvotes
rabbit wrote: You can try using some kind of emergency boot flash drive/disc, then rename ambakdrv.sys to ambakdrv.dud (or whatever).
Doesn't work unfortunately. Any other ideas?
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13844 posts
3009 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Get Hiren's Boot Disc. It has registry editing tools that you can use to do a search and delete for ambakdrv.sys. Be sure to make a backup of the registry first, though. I've never tried doing this kind of registry editing myself.
Apr 1, 2018
1 posts
I had the same problem with Windows 7 Professional, so I moved ambakdrv.sys into the temp folder and now Windows won’t boot at all. No Safe Mode either. I can’t even repair the installation with my Windows installation disc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)