Hot Deals

[AT&T] AT&T $300USD for 8GB + talk + text for 1 Year (free Canadian roaming)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2019 11:14 am
[OP]
Jul 24, 2015
53 posts
48 upvotes
Thunder Bay

AT&T $300USD for 8GB + talk + text for 1 Year (free Canadian roaming)

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
October 21, 2019
Retailer:
AT&T
Comes to $25 /month for 8GB of data. Similar to other promotions with AT&T but you pay 1 year in advance.

Details:
  • Prepay $300 in advance today (equivalent to $25 per month). Advance payment is non-refundable in whole or in part.
  • Plan renews every 30-days for a total of 12 renewal periods.
  • Your plan will include 360 days of AT&T Prepaid Service with:
  • Unlimited Talk (in & between U.S./Mexico/ Canada)
  • Unlimited Texts (U.S./Mexico/Canada, and to to over 100 countries)
  • First 8GB of data at 4G LTE speed (then unlimited 2G data at 128kbps speed thereafter) every 30-day cycle in the U.S./Mexico/Canada.
  • Mobile Hotspot included
  • Rollover Data: Unused high-speed data from one month carries over to next month (for that month only). Not applicable in Mexico or Canada.
  • Video Streaming: AT&T "Stream Saver" is activated by default which saves data by streaming higher definition video at Standard Definition quality (about 480p) on compatible devices (unless the video provider has opted out). You may turn it off or back on at any time at att.com/myprepaid. See att.com/streamsaver for details.
  • NOTE: Next service payment will be due at 11:59p.m. CT on the 360th day unless cancelled (visit your account settings at att.com/myprepaid to cancel service, if desired).

After SIM card ($5) + taxes and regulatory fees, came out to $330 USD / 435.53 CAD for me.
$36.30 CAD / Month for 8GB of data + Unlimited Talk + Text
Note, you'll receive a US phone number, there isn't currently a known way to port a Canadian phone number.

Note, rollover data cannot be used in Canada / Mexico, but the base data (8GB / month) can be.
Last edited by cftw123 on Aug 5th, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
63 replies
Mar 5, 2013
200 posts
231 upvotes
Kitchener
The Walmart AT&T deal gets you 3x as much data (25GB) for the same price in a group, if you want to go through the hassle of a group
Last edited by RainDown on Aug 5th, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1757 posts
1194 upvotes
Kitchener
Is this a good deal?
Gaming PC: i5 6500, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Media PC: i5 4570, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
[OP]
Jul 24, 2015
53 posts
48 upvotes
Thunder Bay
RainDown wrote:
Aug 5th, 2019 6:35 pm
The Walmart AT&T deal gets you 3x as much data (25GB) for the same price in a group

No hassle of forming a group and payments with this. Personally don't really need that much data. Rather get 8GB without the hassle (and without having to buy a burner phone).
Sep 10, 2012
554 posts
323 upvotes
Saskatoon
RainDown wrote:
Aug 5th, 2019 6:35 pm
The Walmart AT&T deal gets you 3x as much data (25GB) for the same price in a group, if you want to go through the hassle of a group
Does this actually work in a Canada and can you post link for this Walmart deal? Thx
Feb 1, 2017
132 posts
92 upvotes
I'm so confused... So how good is AT&T in Canada? could I feasibly grab this, which works out to 33$ a month CAD, and just use it exclusively in Canda(Vancouver) and have one of the best plans on the market? I must be missing something... right??
Sep 22, 2018
79 posts
16 upvotes
So anyone is starting a group buy for this? will be intrested.
Mar 5, 2013
200 posts
231 upvotes
Kitchener
squint72 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2019 6:41 pm
Does this actually work in a Canada and can you post link for this Walmart deal? Thx
Yes it does, you can roam in Canada with 100% usage since AT&T changed thier terms now. Only downside is pay in USD and US Number, the walmart plan is $40USD if you purchase a cheap prepaid flip phone from them. Down to $25USD if you form a group https://www.att.com/prepaid/walmart-offer.html#legal
[OP]
Jul 24, 2015
53 posts
48 upvotes
Thunder Bay
EastCoastDealz wrote:
Aug 5th, 2019 6:41 pm
Is there any chance of porting in a Canadian number?
Unfortunately, not possible
Dec 18, 2017
593 posts
1012 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Heads up...

Unless you're a snowbird or spend most of your time in the US, you probably wouldn't want to get this. You're essentially committing to 12 months of service with AT&T, and if extended Canadian roaming limits are suddenly enforced, you're not going to get your $300 (or a portion thereof) back as per the OP in the SlickDeals post.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Apr 1, 2017
819 posts
1255 upvotes
Can't port Canadian number. You can use Voip solutions like Fongo/Textnow(no porting)/voip.ms.

But if you don't need that much data, the Fido $15 4gb plan with free tablet is a better deal. The effective price is $6.5 to $10 monthly depending on how much you sell the tablet for.

I'm also wary of paying so much upfront with no recourse in case they change roaming policy.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Dec 24, 2017
290 posts
143 upvotes
London
aintic wrote:
Aug 5th, 2019 7:05 pm
Can't port Canadian number. You can use Voip solutions like Fongo/Textnow(no porting)/voip.ms.

But if you don't need that much data, the Fido $15 4gb plan with free tablet is a better deal. The effective price is $6.5 to $10 monthly depending on how much you sell the tablet for.

I'm also wary of paying so much upfront with no recourse in case they change roaming policy.
can you link that?
Feb 1, 2017
132 posts
92 upvotes
isnt it impossible to grab the tablet plan without a fido account? Or at least super annoying.
Sep 4, 2017
57 posts
103 upvotes
aintic wrote:
Aug 5th, 2019 7:05 pm

Are you talking about the $15 gb plan with the Samsung tablet? How does that work? I thought the 4gb plan is automatically attached to the tablet and you cannot move it to your phone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)