• Jan 20th, 2022 9:32 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3262 posts
5069 upvotes
GTA North

[T&T Supermarket] T&T: Nong Shim 5 pack instant noodles $4.99

Spotted this last night at the Steeles/Warden location and got two packages. I think it is for all flavors but I could be wrong. I do know that the spicy seafood flavor and korean clay pot flavor are $4.99 .

I find one package of seasoning in either flavor is enough to cook two packages of noodles. I don't drink the soup but use it to season the noodles. Storage wise I have gone 2.5 - 3 years stored in a cool basement and it was still ok. With that said for anyone wanting to keep a pack or a few in the car I have found it was still ok up to 2yrs (Toronto year round temps). Handy to know if you don't eat them up all the time or store some away for emergencies.

EDIT:
Do not go 5 yrs. I've tested some I had at 5yrs in a backpack and umm....I recall it smelling like kraft mac 'n' cheese when I was cooking it but not palatable at that length of time. >__<;;
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
70 replies
Sep 12, 2006
344 posts
408 upvotes
Was about to buy some - wasn’t the hottest price but decent at $1 a pack. Then saw they weren’t the USA or Korea versions (but they were made in China version) so didn’t end up buying them
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1845 posts
2399 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
thedealhunter2000 wrote: EDIT:
Do not go 5 yrs. I've tested some I had at 5yrs in a backpack and umm....I recall it smelling like kraft mac 'n' cheese when I was cooking it but not palatable at that length of time. >__<;;
I don't often use the word "hero", but...

Anyway, I never eat the soup with instant noodles, preferring to use a bit of the seasoning packet directly on the noodles; how are these for that?
Last edited by Ninja Robot Pirate on Jan 16th, 2022 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 25, 2015
449 posts
991 upvotes
on
These 5 pack Nongshims are usually made in China whereas the 4 pack Nongshims are made in USA
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
16649 posts
11381 upvotes
Markham
Nong Shim noodles were just on sale last week on NoFrill for 72 cents/pkg.

The had the neoguri less spicy, the soon veggie one and the regular spicy one.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5782 posts
2545 upvotes
Durham
I always make sure that none of the instant noodles that I buy are Made in China.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Nov 24, 2019
107 posts
161 upvotes
Vancouver
Optom2018 wrote: These 5 pack Nongshims are usually made in China whereas the 4 pack Nongshims are made in USA
The difference is?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3757 posts
3215 upvotes
Don't eat much instant noodles... But what is wrong with MIC?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23615 posts
12800 upvotes
Toronto
Ramen used to be considered a cheap fill. At a buck a noodle on sale, it is bordering on luxury food. Bring back the inedible 10¢ per pack of Mr. Noodle from No Frills.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Nov 3, 2010
288 posts
440 upvotes
Niagara Falls
will888 wrote: Ramen used to be considered a cheap fill. At a buck a noodle on sale, it is bordering on luxury food. Bring back the inedible 10¢ per pack of Mr. Noodle from No Frills.
They were No name brand, and better than Mr. Noodles, otherwise, agreed.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2126 posts
2233 upvotes
These are Made in China ones…. Stay away if you care about the texture of the noodles

Made in Korea > Made in USA > Made in China IMHO
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6001 posts
1135 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: These are Made in China ones…. Stay away if you care about the texture of the noodles

Made in Korea > Made in USA > Made in China IMHO
I would have to agree. Picked up a shrimp flavour shin ramyuan. It tastes off and noodle texture turned out mushy

Learned my lesson, only buy US and Korean stocks

Correct me if I am wrong. The flavour pack are still made in Korea
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5007 posts
4222 upvotes
Vancouver
SashayAway wrote: The difference is?
The soup base tends to be better for MIC. The USA version tends to have better noodle texture. Depends on what you prefer.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5007 posts
4222 upvotes
Vancouver
Haven’t bought Nong Shim in the past few months as I usually stock up when on sale. But $4.99 per pack isn’t a great price. T&T typically offers them for $7.99 or less for two.
Aug 1, 2016
106 posts
25 upvotes
TnT nongshim noodles are made in china. I notice on the package after I feel the horrible taste. Definitely different from the one made in usa.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1783 posts
798 upvotes
Markham
I'm amazed at some people here that can tell which country noodles tastes better lol. How often do you eat instant noodles if you don't mind me asking?
10700K + Asus TUF 3080.
Nov 6, 2021
6 posts
7 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote: I'm amazed at some people here that can tell which country noodles tastes better lol. How often do you eat instant noodles if you don't mind me asking?
I don't eat too often, but the difference in taste and texture are pretty obvious, probably to accommodate to local tastes. The Korean ones are noticeably spicier/zestier, whereas the Chinese ones I find to be too too mild/ lacking flavour. The USA ones are somewhere in between.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)