Hot Deals

T-Mobile

Free T-Mobile 90 day, unlimited data trial

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2022 9:33 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 26, 2005
1266 posts
628 upvotes
Winnipeg
After multiple tries I got this working on my Pixel 6 while in Canada. Here's what worked for me:

As suggested I downloaded Proton VPN and connected to a US server. Setup wasn't working so I decided to try to check where the Proton IP was located. (search "where is my IP" on Google). Even though I was connected to a server labeled as being the the US, the IP locator showed a location in SE Asia. I tried a different US access point and same result. After about 5 tries I got an access point whose IP showed as Jacksonville. Not sure this part mattered but I used an address of a house that was for rent in Jacksonville and a random phone number Jacksonville area code. After that, it worked and the eSIM downloaded. Hopefully it connects to the network when I get to the US.
Member
Feb 8, 2020
230 posts
164 upvotes
zakregent wrote: Keep getting "Looks like you're outside the U.S." despite using PIA on iPhone
Same here. Not sure what to do
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1937 posts
4364 upvotes
I kept getting 'Let’s check your phone compatibility' on my 14 Pro Max. I think it's a compatibility issue between American networks and non-American iPhone 14s. When I tried the Verizon and Visible trials, I also got an error. Visible in particular gave me an error saying my phone was incompatible. I guess because the American iPhone 14s are now different, they are able to discriminate which iPhone 14s are eligible for a trial.

Ended up just buying an Airalo SIM.
Jr. Member
Mar 29, 2019
116 posts
89 upvotes
Senk wrote: After multiple tries I got this working on my Pixel 6 while in Canada. Here's what worked for me:

As suggested I downloaded Proton VPN and connected to a US server. Setup wasn't working so I decided to try to check where the Proton IP was located. (search "where is my IP" on Google). Even though I was connected to a server labeled as being the the US, the IP locator showed a location in SE Asia. I tried a different US access point and same result. After about 5 tries I got an access point whose IP showed as Jacksonville. Not sure this part mattered but I used an address of a house that was for rent in Jacksonville and a random phone number Jacksonville area code. After that, it worked and the eSIM downloaded. Hopefully it connects to the network when I get to the US.
I followed your steps in my Pixel 6, I am getting Outside US message.. how did you check IP location ? What server code in Proton, worked for you ?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2007
3586 posts
886 upvotes
North York
Am I correct in assuming - an eSim won't work on an iPhone 6s?

If eSim is not compatible with iPhone 6s, could I get this trial at a T'Mobile store while in USA with a physical sim?
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16280 posts
21285 upvotes
Toronto
sheriffabc wrote: Am I correct in assuming - an eSim won't work on an iPhone 6s?
Yes, the 6s does not support eSIM

Need an XS, XS Max, XR, or later to use an eSIM

About eSIM on iPhone
Learn what an eSIM is, how to set up an eSIM on your iPhone, and how to transfer a physical SIM to an eSIM.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT212780
Destiny is all
Newbie
May 25, 2014
57 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Success! Just came back from USA, registered for T-mobile network pass in Canada but got an error message. SOS signal while still in Canada.

Once I arrived in USA, turned on phone and got great network speeds. Tethering worked the entire trip too, no issues at all.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2011
805 posts
598 upvotes
Canada
sheriffabc wrote: Am I correct in assuming - an eSim won't work on an iPhone 6s?

If eSim is not compatible with iPhone 6s, could I get this trial at a T'Mobile store while in USA with a physical sim?
No. The store will not provide anything to do with this trial. They won't have even heard about it.
Member
User avatar
Dec 19, 2006
339 posts
4 upvotes
I'm getting the phone number must be T-Mobile number when getting tmobile id? What am I doing wrong.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 26, 2005
1266 posts
628 upvotes
Winnipeg
MrDon19403 wrote: I followed your steps in my Pixel 6, I am getting Outside US message.. how did you check IP location ? What server code in Proton, worked for you ?
I don't recall what server I used.

The answer on how to check is in my post.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

KelloHitty, a_dee, organic_panic