• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2020 10:19 pm
[OP]
Dec 13, 2005
396 posts
55 upvotes
Mono, Ontario

AT&T prepaid plans into Canada

has anyone gotten a AT&T prepaid plan and used it in Canada for voice and data?
Data seems to be unlimited and wondering if any one tried using the sim in a celluar modem and utilize the unlimited data plan?
5 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21149 posts
2484 upvotes
Toronto
Huge thread here:

walmart-us-t-28-25-usd-unlimited-talk-t ... o-2291042/

A few rfders are running multi line groups to maximize discounts.

I’m currently using one..the 25gb one that allows hotspot....data is awesome on Rogers. I haven’t had a chance to use up all 25gb due to COVID.

The unlimited data one doesn’t allow hotspotting on iPhones tho.

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15426 posts
4597 upvotes
London
The original TM US plans originally had unlimited data roaming in Canada, but there was so much abuse that they've now capped it at 5GB.

I think AT&T will eventually crack down and cap their unlimited data roaming as well
Apr 17, 2014
942 posts
359 upvotes
Corunna, ON
I believe it's been said and done.

ATT used to roam unlimited. Then they charged to roam. Then they said free but with a cap. Then they removed the cap again. But the 25 gigs is a cap.

All I'm saying is ATT has already done it all and as a owner of the plan I fully expect the future to change but will ride it while I can. It's also said ATT now owns a certain percentage of Rogers. Yada yada, not sure if that's true but I read it.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4071 posts
2343 upvotes
Gotham
proplayer44 wrote: I believe it's been said and done.

ATT used to roam unlimited. Then they charged to roam. Then they said free but with a cap. Then they removed the cap again. But the 25 gigs is a cap.

All I'm saying is ATT has already done it all and as a owner of the plan I fully expect the future to change but will ride it while I can. It's also said ATT now owns a certain percentage of Rogers. Yada yada, not sure if that's true but I read it.
Used to. Rogers bought the AT&T stake back in 2004. It was Rogers AT&T and/or Cantel Rogers AT&T back in the day.