T&T Supermarket will require face covering for entry, effective May 11

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2020 3:07 pm
61 replies
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
648 upvotes
I see they have face masks for sale now at T&T supermarket, but no one buys them. (lots of stock, 50 pieces for $29.99)
Maybe that's why ...

Why wear masks now when reopening plans are coming?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1431 posts
1115 upvotes
British Columbia
Sgtalpowell wrote: Why wear masks now when reopening plans are coming?
Reopening doesn't mean going back to normal. It means tentatively seeing how much can open without overwhelming our hospital capacities. Wearing masks is part of that; you can't expect people to start going about business like normal without protecting themself and others or you'll be back at square one.

Austria Has 90% Drop in Coronavirus Cases After Requiring People to Wear Face Masks
Last edited by Karala on May 6th, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15183 posts
6244 upvotes
RFD
Amourek wrote: Good, I hope more stores follow suit. Everybody needs to buy in to protect society as a whole, especially if restrictions are going to start being lifted.
I think it sends a good message. We need to follow some of the things the Asian countries did to contain the virus. Masks are not a bad thing (yes if used correctly). When we begin to lift restrictions, it doesn't mean the virus is over (until a vaccine is found), and it doesn't mean life is back to normal. My fear is we lift restrictions and we go do stupid stuff like you see in America. What they are doing there is asinine and all the hard work they tried to do with poor management is out the window, and their not even done their 1st wave. The hospitals and front line staff must be fuming because they are definitely going to see another unnecessary increase.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1671 posts
460 upvotes
Woodbridge
The nations in Woodbridge has the same requirement, and the last time I was there, they were handing out masks and gloves at the entrance. Don’t know if t & t will do the same.
Apr 10, 2020
294 posts
1081 upvotes
whatsinaname wrote: The nations in Woodbridge has the same requirement, and the last time I was there, they were handing out masks and gloves at the entrance. Don’t know if t & t will do the same.
Highly doubt T&T will be handing out masks. I suppose they will most likely ask you to buy a mask from them at the customer service counter. Other Asian supermarkets have been doing the same since March, enforcing the rule and asking customers to purchase masks if they didn't bring one.
Jan 12, 2020
493 posts
767 upvotes
Sgtalpowell wrote: Why wear masks now when reopening plans are coming?
This is the kind of statement that must give public health officials nightmares.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
648 upvotes
goodking wrote: This is the kind of statement that must give public health officials nightmares.
If it is not ready, don't rush to reopen...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1808 posts
1163 upvotes
The only reason I made this post is because despite the notice went up on their website 3 days ago, there hasn't been one media report (or any social media chatters) about the new policy (compared to Longo's) which I thought was strange
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5556 posts
1775 upvotes
Toronto
cahk wrote: The only reason I made this post is because despite the notice went up on their website 3 days ago, there hasn't been one media report (or any social media chatters) about the new policy (compared to Longo's) which I thought was strange
Probably not gona hear any media report until some decides to spin it around as some " are Asian stores violating human rights mandating use of masks" or some crap...
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15183 posts
6244 upvotes
RFD
boyohboy wrote: Probably not gona hear any media report until some decides to spin it around as some " are Asian stores violating human rights mandating use of masks" or some crap...
Or they bring up the "freedom" argument. SMH
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2454 posts
737 upvotes
GTA
Is Al Premium staff also wearing masks? What about Bestco? Would love to stock up on some Asian sauces and fresh fish (from tank) - after almost 3 months at home, all gone. T&T is more pricey since Loblaws took over. Hope they're extending to RCSS and Nofrills.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13063 posts
8309 upvotes
Markham
Sgtalpowell wrote: I see they have face masks for sale now at T&T supermarket, but no one buys them. (lots of stock, 50 pieces for $29.99)
Maybe that's why ...

Why wear masks now when reopening plans are coming?
Because reopening, we actually need it more than ever. More people go outside and more crowded which means harder for keeping distance
Jul 4, 2013
217 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto, ON
radeonboy wrote: Or they bring up the "freedom" argument. SMH
Yeah, freedom sucks! Mass conformity and obedience is soooo much better. /s

Look, I get it -- if a mask makes you feel safer, or like you are helping others to avoid infection, then by all means wear it. But physical distancing and hand-washing/sanitization are still the best preventative measures you can take.
Dec 29, 2013
157 posts
89 upvotes
50 pieces for ~$29 not too bad for this day and age. Got mine at a another T&T at $32.99 Winking Face today. One box per person.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13063 posts
8309 upvotes
Markham
Will they give free mask as whole food and other retailers?
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1188 upvotes
cahk wrote: The only reason I made this post is because despite the notice went up on their website 3 days ago, there hasn't been one media report (or any social media chatters) about the new policy (compared to Longo's) which I thought was strange
I'm stopped watching the news . The reporters are sitting at home reporting what information the government emails them . There is no reporting .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Feb 4, 2011
694 posts
476 upvotes
boyohboy wrote: Probably not gona hear any media report until some decides to spin it around as some " are Asian stores violating human rights mandating use of masks" or some crap...
I would love to see this. It would be fun to know what constitutes human rights violation as T & T is a private entity and they can set their rules to access their premises

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)