• Mar 27th, 2009 11:35 pm
[OP]
May 27, 2007
15700 posts
3150 upvotes
Toronto

[Atmosphere] T&T: Vita / Vitasoy drinks 2pks/$5! | Foody Mart: 2pks/$4.88! :D

*GTA ONLY*

On sale at T&T locations for 2 packs (6x250ml) for $5.00!

Or you can go to the newly renovated "Foody Mart" ("Fung Tai"?) at Bamburgh Circle (South of Warden/Steeles) and get 2 packs for $4.88! :cheesygri

PS: the new Foody Mart is pretty good, comparable to T&T now, lots of people today too. And they got rid of the stupid shopping cart barrier to prevent you from pushing carts into the parking lot, plus they changed the lights to make it brighter. Good atmosphere, was quite impressed with what the new owner did. Stuff are cheaper than T&T too... going to start stealing customers from the Warden T&T store for sure. :razz:
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
16 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4647 posts
285 upvotes
GTA
member wrote: Everytime T&T has something on sale, it would be something that is going to expired in the next week or so.
or already expired.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43130 posts
3662 upvotes
Richmond Hill
member wrote: Everytime T&T has something on sale, it would be something that is going to expired in the next week or so.
You're thinking the other Chinese supermarkets such as Oriental. Stuff at T&T that are on sale are 90% not near their expiry date, bread aside.
Jun 12, 2006
631 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary
is this chain wide or just in the east?!

i remember last time they had it for $2.88 and i bought a couple... 2 for $5, im gonna buy a box or two :lol:
[OP]
May 27, 2007
15700 posts
3150 upvotes
Toronto
ones i bought at Foody Mart expire in Oct / Nov 09.
Not sure about T&T... probably around that time too or early 2010.

Oh and it's probably the T&Ts in the GTA only unless someone from the West coast can confirm.
RedFlagDeals.com
Feb 1, 2008
716 posts
16 upvotes
$4.88 is a good deal.

is it just vitasoy, or is there the lemon tea a well?
[OP]
May 27, 2007
15700 posts
3150 upvotes
Toronto
dubjk wrote: $4.88 is a good deal.

is it just vitasoy, or is there the lemon tea a well?

assorted flavours of Vita and Vitasoy! :razz:

PS: Charmaine's cool. ;)
RedFlagDeals.com
Aug 18, 2005
168 posts
Chatham
ferkel wrote: or already expired.
Like every other store? I spotted a retailer selling EXPIRED chocolates in Bayview Village and expired food on sale at Michaelangelos on 7/Woodbine as well.

Thanks for the heads up as well. Gotta stock up on the malt Vita drinks. Good stuff.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2005
2667 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
why is vitasoy so expensive. Like even on special is over $0.80 per juice box.

But when you buy other juice box it isn't as expensive.
[QUOTE]there's no such thing as a stupid question unless it's a really stupid question - me[/QUOTE]
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15036 posts
2108 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
talk about competition...Foody mart actually looks pretty nice, compared the old bamburgh food mart. anyways thanks for the post op :razz:
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43130 posts
3662 upvotes
Richmond Hill
flito ray wrote: why is vitasoy so expensive. Like even on special is over $0.80 per juice box.

But when you buy other juice box it isn't as expensive.
They're imported from HK.. isn't that enough reason for it to be expensive?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1007 posts
3 upvotes
The Vita product I got from T&T expires around Sept and Oct 2009.

But ya, sometimes their discounted items expire in a week or two, you gotta check out the expiry date before you buy it.
Nov 25, 2008
130 posts
26 upvotes
AcidBomber wrote: Or you can go to the newly renovated "Foody Mart" ("Fung Tai") 2 packs for $4.88! :cheesygri
thanks! i LOVE the new Foody Mart. great prices and all. last time they had chicken wings for 1.98/lb. can't wait for that to go on sale again :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2005
6044 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
... as if that is something ... wrong or weird? Or should they mark up the prices for items near expiry to make sure they never leave the shelves? Hmm ...
ferkel wrote: or already expired.
I have been to all 4 T & & Supermarkets in the GTA (3 of them for more than 50 times each), and I could tell you that they RARELY (if not never) carry anything expired (and I mostly browse every aisle like an inspector, and stay in the shop for at least 45 minutes).

Let me tell you which supermarket carries expired items on a REGULAR basis: it's 456 Supermarket (in Richmond Hill), and they have folded.