Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Tablet deals...

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2014 1:48 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 24, 2006
56 posts
161 upvotes
Scarborough
If anyone's looking for 8" tablets, there's the Lenovo Tab S8 and Dell Venue 8 for $169.99.

Lenovo Tab S8
RFD thread: 169-99-lenovo-s8-android-fh-8-ips-1615285/
URL: http://shop.lenovo.com/perkopolisca/ca/ ... rfdcb-d723
Cashback: ebates.ca (7.5%); RFD (3%); No PayPal option available.
Specs from website:
Processor: Intel Atom Z3745 Processor (1.33GHz 1066GHz 2MB)
Display: 8.0" IPS LED LCD Touch (1920x1200)
RAM: 2.0GB LPDDR3 1066 MHz
Hard Drive: 16GB eMMC
Wireless: 802.11.b/g/n Wifi Wireless + Bluetooth Version 4.0
Battery: 1 Cell 4290 mAH Li-Polymer
Camera: Front 1.6MP, Rear 8MP
Dell Venue 8 (3840 - newer version):
URL: http://www.dell.com/ca/p/dell-venue-8-3 ... 840-tablet
Cashback: ebates.ca (4%); RFD (4%); Paypal (5%)
Note: Probably can't use both RFD AND ebates.ca but I don't see why Paypal + (RFD or ebates.ca) can't be used.
Specs from website:
Processor: Intel® Atom™ processor Z3480 (up to 2.1GHz Dual-Core)
Display: 8.0 inch IPS display with FHD (1920 x 1200) resolution with capacitive multi-touch
RAM: 1GB LP DDR3
Hard Drive: 16GB eMMC
Video Card: Intel® HD Graphics (Imagination PowerVR G6400)
Wireless: 802.11 AC + Miracast + Bluetooth 4.0
Jun 3, 2009
274 posts
63 upvotes
London
Ticco wrote: Surprised there's been nothing on the Nexus 7
$20 off the 32 GB at Canada Computers was the best I could find. $259.99. Better than nothing, especially since not many tablets can hold a candle to this one in it's price range.
Feb 24, 2013
8 posts
I'm trying to get one for my 8 year old son. Most of what he will be doing is watching movies, playing minecraft and youtube.

Anyone know of any deals that can do this with a 10 inch screen or bigger? What about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1753 posts
148 upvotes
York Region
used on Kijiji or FB group.
dealzrus wrote: I'm trying to get one for my 8 year old son. Most of what he will be doing is watching movies, playing minecraft and youtube.

Anyone know of any deals that can do this with a 10 inch screen or bigger? What about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2009
1127 posts
217 upvotes
costco has android acer for $88 and they also have acer unlocked android phone for $99
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
For almost everyone below I have the same answer. I'm surprised only 1 person suggested the HP Stream 7, it's only $100 and has Quad Core Intel Atom Z3735 1.33GHz, 1GB DDR3L, 32GB eMMC storage, 7" 1280x800 display, Intel HD Graphics, 2-cell 3000mAh 8hrs battery, full windows 8.1, 802.11a/b/g/n, BlueTooth v4.0, microSD reader (I think supports microSDXC), microUSB (device manager shows USB 3.0 support so I think it physically supports USB-OTG aswell), 0.3MP front/2MP rear, don't know if I'm forgetting anything. Right now I just want to find a stylus, screen protector, folio or sleeve that are compatible with it and are not crazy over priced in stores. Who pays $50 for a folio case?!?

I've also seen this unit $98 quad core atom android tablet with keyboard & case included at walmart 98-7-85-android-4-4-quad-core-tablet-ca ... rd-1626285
getochkn wrote: The best deal I found is the Kobo 10" Arc10HD on sale now at future shop. The deal ends tomorrow. I didn't see any other good tablets on sale in the flyers, so I grabbed this one and I'm happy and saved any black friday madness, shortages, doorcrasher tricks, etc. Only real decent tablets on sale are the Samsungs and it's $20-70 off most of them, not a great deal. The kobo is 50% off, so $200 for a $400 tablet. The screen is a nice 2560x1600 resolution and looks sharp. They also have a 7" version on for $120.
Surprised they can fit such a high res into 10". My 5yr old laptop is 11.6" 1366x768 and that has always been a rare impressive thing.
gshmelkov wrote: The best deal I found is Dell Venue Pro 8" for $149 but this one comes with Win 8.1. I don't really know much about Kobo so I'm not sure if this deal is hot.
ManCaveGamer wrote: if you have an amerifriend you can order and ship this Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 to them for $199.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+G ... 9093181535
same 1600p screen as Kobo above, but better processor and Samsung brand.
Kijiji is not a Black Friday deal...
+1 about Kijiji
eelz wrote: What are people's thoughts on this Amazon.Ca deal? ASUS M80TA-C1-CA 8.0-Inch VivoTab Note 8 Tablet with Intel Atom Z3740 1.33GHz Processor, 2GB RAM, 64GB Storage, Black

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00IYV4AOO/ref= ... 1981571282

* Black, 8-Inch WXGA (1280 x 800), IPS screen, Intel Atom BayTrail-T Z3740 (1.33GHz), 2GB DDR3L memory,
* Intel GMA HD, 64GB Flash, Windows 8.1 (32 bit), 802.11ABGN
* 1.2MP Front camera and 5MP Rear camera, Bluetooth 4.0, Upto 9 hours battery life
* WACOM EMR Stylus pen, G-Sensor, E-Compass, GPS, Ambient Light Sensor, and Gyroscope
* 1YR International Warranty/1YR Accidental Damage/30-Day Zero Bright Dot/2-way FREE shipping/24-7 tech support
I think this is only worth doubling the HP Stream 7 price if you absolutely need the increase in specs: double storage space, ram, triple the cams' res, an inch bigger screen, slightly diff cpu.
ashktn wrote: Yeah the S has a superamoled screen, which is bright with vibrant colours (like the galaxy s4/s5). but both tablets have the same pixel density.
Other than that, 3GB of ram vs 2GB of ram, and the Exynos 5420 vs Snapdragon 800 (both good imo). oh and fingerprint sensor.

I'd say go for it if you don't mind spending $50 extra, but the tabpro is pretty good too.
glfrboy wrote: How is the Asus VivoTab RT TF600T refurb from nmicro? Was $499 and as of 12am tonight only $99...

http://www.nmicrovip.ca/black-friday
this too is quite a debate, new HP Stream 7 vs refurb Asus VivoTab RT for the same price. I bet the Asus uses Win 8 RT which others stated doesn't support x86 exe programs. Personally since the HP is a quad core running full windows I don't see why it can't run 64-bit windows either.
seedopeedo wrote: How is the Surface 2 at 299 from Best Buy, is it a good deal? Looking for something for my mom so she can watch her chinese flash websites
Procyon wrote: I finally found the deal I was looking for! I just bought one of these :

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?s ... re=Samsung
hystavito wrote: Anyone got an opinion on the best under $200 Android tablet deal?
Financials wrote: Considering VivoTab Note 8 64gb with H&S office for 249.99

heard pen issues but that they were resolved and the warranty is good, what else is out there?
DudeManGuyBro wrote: Have there been any good deals in that $200-ish range for decent tablets? 8" or bigger.
Preferably Android, but have considered Windows, just don't know if they're any good.

I'm considering the Lenovo S8 on their website for $220, looks solid, but want to see what else there is before pulling the trigger as it doesn't appear to be a huge discount or anything
robbiezyg wrote: looking for a tablet in the 100-180 range. i'm thinking the asus memo for 150. anyone else have any finds? its for my parents so really it wont be for anything exciting other than youtube and facebook
andrewabc wrote: I'm not sure which memo you're talking about.

I bought last night ASUS Memo Pad 7 Black 7 Inch HD IPS Intel Quad Core Z3745 16GB DDR3 1GB Android 4.4 Kit Kat $130 freeship from ncix.

Read a bunch of reviews and youtube reviews and it seems good for the price.

I was going to get samsung galaxy tab 7" for $180, but this memo is $50 less and similar specs.

You may see this 7" memo at FS for $100, but it is worse version than the $130 at ncix (worse camera, cpu, resolution).
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... ageIndex=1

EDIT:
Sorry it appears sold out :(
+1, FS model is only dual core and only 1024x600
mvrana wrote: The Memo Pad 7 is an excellent little tablet. I got two for my sons (8, 17), and now am looking for one for myself.

There are a couple of games I couldn't install (Kingdom Rush Frontiers + Origins), but I was able to sideload them using this app:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2772436

And one game (Pixel Gun 3d) that just runs glitchy.

Aside from that, a solid tablet!
shikotee wrote: I am also kicking the tires, possibly for a tablet. Will likely keep kicking around and see if anything cool pops up Monday.
Unlike OP, I'm considering something with Windows like one of the Asus Transformers on sale at Canada Computers.
Might even hold out til Boxing Day. No rush, and needs would be pretty basic.
Was looking to be convinced today, but frankly, much of everything seemed pretty meh.
mkannuri wrote: No reviews found, but it looks like for basic browsing, this might be good ??
RCA 7” Android 4.4 Tablet for $54
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rca-7-andro ... ce=Walmart
PC-stuff wrote: Needed to replace my aging and recently bricked HP Touchpad.

Picked up a bare 39$ 7" and a 77$ 9" (with keyboard and case) NO TAX at Loblaws / Superstore.

Low specs and a low_low price. PROSCAN
dealzrus wrote: I got the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 the other day from the staples ebay store deal for $179.

Just wondering if I should return it and buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 which is not a black Friday deal and is selling at $279?

The only difference in specs is quad core vs dual core processor, 512 mb ram and the touchwiz feature.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
usually going 2 up to 4 cores is a useful step up but going 512MB up to 1GB ram is a very big deal. I don't think going 1GB to 1.5GB makes much difference but going up to 2GB should make plenty difference. Worth $100 increase to every random person IDK, but obviously yes if you need the extra performance.
uknowzip wrote: Is it worth while to buy warranty for tablet?
depends how long you need it to last & how careful you are with it. If you clumbsy or experiment with modding it then I would think so.
stevethewheel wrote: Bought the Kobo Arc 7 HD with 32 GB from FS. $129.99. Like it. Front facing camera is crappy but has HDMI out. And I actually do read books.....this replaces my aging Kobo Vox.

Screen resolution blows me away. Nicer than Apple's Retina.
HDMI is a lot better than HP Stream 7.
Hexxed wrote: Was hoping to see a better deal as well on the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 or even the S. Fingers crossed that something pops up for Cyber Monday.
gshmelkov wrote: I would definitely get the Tab 4 10" which is a newer tablet with better internal specs, screen as well as thinner and lighter than the Tab 3.
BTW each Samsung tablet has Touchwhiz which essentially a slower version of stock android loaded with Samsung bloatware.
I think you should only buy extended warranty on refurbished tablets
I didn't even know that Tab Pro was selling for $250, I think it's a good price but I agree that it should have been at least $20 cheaper on Black Friday.
MehtabS wrote: Bought windows tablet hp stream 7 today from stooples and I absolutely love it !
+1
Chintzy wrote: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?s ... re=Samsung
I've been wanting to purchase a note taking tablet for school for quite some time. Do you guys think there will be a better deal come boxing day? Or is this looking like the best deal a note will get?
perrysingh wrote: What are some recommendations for best Windows tablets? I'd like 10 inch screen and up.
Ticco wrote: Surprised there's been nothing on the Nexus 7
shikotee wrote: This is the boat that I have been in for the last few days.
Was leaning towards an Asus Transformer:
ncix-com-asus-transformer-book-t200ta-3 ... a-1614455/

Presently, I might reconsider and go for something with Android.
My initial draw to something with Windows would be the ability to run standard x86 programs, but my understanding is this is not possible unless you have Win 8 Pro.

I own and use a Note 3, and really wanted to get something with a bigger screen for easier reading.
Size wise, I think 10 is the ideal size I am looking for.
goofball wrote: Doesn't need to be pro, just can't be Windows 8.x RT. That's where they are getting many buying the surface 2 for $299 but not disclosing it is Windows 8 RT.
yronnen wrote: The only Windows that cannot run x86 is the RT version,which runs only on Surface RT. All the Windows tablets you see today run Windows 8.1 or 8.1 With Bing. Both can run x86 applications.
dealzrus wrote: Come on guys. Any tablet deals out there at all today?
jasonyong19 wrote: If anyone's looking for 8" tablets, there's the Lenovo Tab S8 and Dell Venue 8 for $169.99.

Lenovo Tab S8
RFD thread: 169-99-lenovo-s8-android-fh-8-ips-1615285/
URL: http://shop.lenovo.com/perkopolisca/ca/ ... rfdcb-d723
Cashback: ebates.ca (7.5%); RFD (3%); No PayPal option available.

Dell Venue 8 (3840 - newer version):
URL: http://www.dell.com/ca/p/dell-venue-8-3 ... 840-tablet
Cashback: ebates.ca (4%); RFD (4%); Paypal (5%)
Note: Probably can't use both RFD AND ebates.ca but I don't see why Paypal + (RFD or ebates.ca) can't be used.
miladvm wrote: $20 off the 32 GB at Canada Computers was the best I could find. $259.99. Better than nothing, especially since not many tablets can hold a candle to this one in it's price range.
dealzrus wrote: I'm trying to get one for my 8 year old son. Most of what he will be doing is watching movies, playing minecraft and youtube.

Thanks
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
May 24, 2007
715 posts
882 upvotes
Kelowna
Ghetto_Child wrote: For almost everyone below I have the same answer. I'm surprised only 1 person suggested the HP Stream 7, it's only $100 and has Quad Core Intel Atom Z3735 1.33GHz, 1GB DDR3L, 32GB eMMC storage, 7" 1280x800 display, Intel HD Graphics, 2-cell 3000mAh 8hrs battery, full windows 8.1, 802.11a/b/g/n, BlueTooth v4.0, microSD reader (I think supports microSDXC), microUSB (device manager shows USB 3.0 support so I think it physically supports USB-OTG aswell), 0.3MP front/2MP rear, don't know if I'm forgetting anything. Right now I just want to find a stylus, screen protector, folio or sleeve that are compatible with it and are not crazy over priced in stores. Who pays $50 for a folio case?!?
The problem with the HP Stream 7 is that it's Win 8.1. That would be great for me but for a kid (who I'm looking for) Windows apps are sorely lacking. The specs are decent for the price though and great if you want Windows 8.1.

The cheap Walmart Androids are just that. Cheap. Fine if you can live with the low res screen and limited battery life but I'd rather spend a bit more for a higher quality device that I know will last my kids for a few years. I would get the Lenovo S8 or even the Asus Memo well before that.

To be honest, I think the Lenovo S8 for $164 is probably the best deal out there right now for the money.

Finally, is there any reason you quoted every entry in this thread? How long did that take you to do just so someone would reply?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
it's easier than you think to quote them all, I actually read entire threads looking for advice. There are lots of good info found among each thread's comments sometimes nothing to do with the thread. The tablet I bought because the specs vs low price stood out to me. I wasn't even in the market for a tablet but thought it could be a useful backup and my first time trying Win8. Reading through all the comments has assured me it's a very good buy because the only things with better specs start at twice the price. I understand android is easier for kids than windows. The comments I quoted I wanted them to consider a device that scales in price more equally to what I bought. Not saying they have to get mine but if mine costs $100 they don't need to spend 4 times that just for double the ram. Also the walmart unit, despite the low res, another RFD member thinks it might have a very good graphics chip.
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Jan 21, 2013
421 posts
35 upvotes
Halifax
I'd like to find a good buy on a Tab S before Christmas?
Sep 8, 2002
384 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
George9999 wrote: I'd like to find a good buy on a Tab S before Christmas?
Me too, have been keeping my eyes open for it, think may have to wait till boxing day sale. i was tempted to get a LTE one from HK on ebay for around US$500 but that's quite a lot more ...