• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2023 2:13 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto

Taco Bell Plans to Double Canadian Store Count

General Manager for Taco Bell in Canada, said the company within the next five years will double its footprint of free standing, solely branded Taco Bell, locations in Canada, to over 100.

https://retail-insider.com/retail-insid ... nterviews/
Destiny is all
65 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
2662 posts
9065 upvotes
definitely could use some more standalone taco bells. can't wait until one pops up near me that looks like those photos.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7089 upvotes
Mississauga
There were a bunch of standalone Taco Bell's at one time but many turned into KFC's or closed entirely.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
2662 posts
9065 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Ooo i didnt even look @ the article.

Drive through Taco Bell would be hyyyype.
super hype! The only taco bells near me look like they're straight out of the 90s. would love to see some modern designs and maybe bring some of the taco bell US menu up here too
Aug 8, 2006
267 posts
147 upvotes
Halifax
I miss the the stand alone stores, both of the foodcourt ones here in Halifax are shitty even by Taco Bell's low standards.

Fun thing I discovered by accident, Mexicali Rosa's loaded fries are like better quality Fries Supreme. much better than their (usually cold) rice and beans
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26214 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto

We've had drive-thru Taco Bell for decades now at Dufferin Mall, Toronto. It's a KFC location too.

900 Dufferin St
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
did demolition man's prediction come to pass or something
Dec 2, 2008
99 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
This seems like a weird article to read seeing as they just closed every single taco bell in Quebec. The article talks about reigniting the passion of the brand with younger folks. Well, that's a hard thing to try and accomplish when they can't even purchase any food when you closed every last remaining restaurant down in the province. If they are opening any taco bells, it might but out West or more in Ontario because it doesn't look like they're returning to the province of Quebec anytime soon.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2013
1814 posts
3254 upvotes
Somewhere over the r…

We have a drive thru Taco bell in Durham Region. It's literally the slowest drive thru in the world. There used to be lots more Taco Bells around but they have gone the way of Mr. Sub.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
I'm actually surprised the game plan is all Taco Bell with no desire to maximize the use of the space as a Taco Bell/KFC or something.
Plus also, how many Taco Bell/KFC's recently closed?
The one on Queen Street is long gone, while the KFC near Bloor & Christie is also gone
(it was once a Taco Bell/KFC)
& This is just a few mentions in Toronto, let alone other places. lol
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: did demolition man's prediction come to pass or something
As you can see by the plans they have this prediction is only just beginning now.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
Fun fact, a few years back Taco Bell cut out a lot of preservatives and lowered their sodium across the board in an unannounced menu change, and they are now the healthiest 'major' fast food chain
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
I hope so, all near me have closed down...to me, their Chalupa & Fries Supreme are two of the best fast food items out there.
duckdown wrote: Fun fact, a few years back Taco Bell cut out a lot of preservatives and lowered their sodium across the board in an unannounced menu change, and they are now the healthiest 'major' fast food chain
And they've got tons of choices for vegetarians. I really do think the whole thing about people getting the runs from Taco Bell is just coming from people eating beans and not getting enough fibre normally.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga

there's one on tomken/Eglinton in sauga
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7089 upvotes
Mississauga
There’s a Taco Bell/KFC drive thru as well near Sheridan Centre on Erin Mills Parkway.
Dec 14, 2010
507 posts
236 upvotes
There's a newish one that opened up last year at the corner of Birchmount and Ellesmere. Standalone Taco Bell with drive through. I go to that location whenever the craving hits instead of going to a food court.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: did demolition man's prediction come to pass or something
I wonder how far I can book a reservation, would love to have my 50th at Taco Bell in 2032.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)