Take days off during pandemic

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2020 10:10 am
[OP]
Jan 13, 2017
113 posts
33 upvotes

Take days off during pandemic

Anyone taking a day off during pandemic to get groceries in the weekday instead of weekend?

Or you guys planning to take a day off when economy restarts?

I asked a couple friends who are still employed, and their employer also didn't mention anything about using vacation at a later time. Still the same policy at the moment, required use last years vacation days by end of this year. No rollover to following year.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1492 posts
1260 upvotes
Ottawa
Depends on the employer.

My management has been flexible, allowing us to do things like groceries during a weekday and make up for the work later if we feel that's the best use of our time.

I work remotely in the public service in a unionized position, though.
Last edited by Dynatos on Apr 27th, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3043 posts
2067 upvotes
Canadia
Shark828 wrote: Anyone taking a day off during pandemic to get groceries in the weekday instead of weekend?
My girlfriend's employer is laying off over 30% of staff over the next few weeks. She's working from home and being very careful about *not* taking time off during the day. I'm also working from home and my employer is a bit more flexible. I sometimes work a day on the weekend when we have a tight lab test schedule which buys me the ability to take a couple of hours early in the morning to go shopping. I've only done that once in the past couple of weeks, though.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4710 posts
1388 upvotes
0 downvotes
My wife works weekends, so she does our grocery shopping once a week, preferably in the morning on one of her days off
Hi