• Jul 14th, 2016 9:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4191 posts
3127 upvotes
Markham
xtwo wrote: Ok. Thanks all for your input. I think I'll still go ahead with the small claims court. I have got nothing to lose anymore (except for $56 :D ), the van is sitting in garage collecting dust anyways.
You will have to most likely pay some, if not all, of the defendant's costs if you lose. If this wasn't the case the SCC would be filled to the brim with everyone who thought they could just shake down another person/business for ~ $50 and time!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6603 posts
2680 upvotes
Canada
15 years old with 200,000kms. Good luck.

Porsche won't even look at IMS bearings in their old Boxsters and 911s, as they believe the usable life of their cars is 10 years. If it fails after 10 years you got your money's worth.

You are not even the original owner, so you have no grounds to stand on when it comes to maintenance of the vehicle.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3949 posts
3325 upvotes
Oakville, ON
xtwo wrote: Ok. Thanks all for your input. I think I'll still go ahead with the small claims court. I have got nothing to lose anymore (except for $56 :D ), the van is sitting in garage collecting dust anyways.
Well, actually, you do have more to lose than just the filing fee.

If you lose the court case, then you have to pay the costs for the winning side. Unlike suing Joe Schmuck down the street, Honda can hire an expensive lawyer to defend themselves. You'll be on the hook for costs if you lose. I'm not a legal expert, but I think your chances of winning are between slim and none....
Sep 19, 2014
440 posts
227 upvotes
Markham, ON
don't waste your time and money, you have no case.
Banned
Mar 11, 2016
2081 posts
846 upvotes
so will OP get a bill for $5000 for Honda legal team?? priceless
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4191 posts
3127 upvotes
Markham
Fjr2005 wrote: so will OP get a bill for $5000 for Honda legal team?? priceless
I think OP probably thought he could force Honda to settle as clearly Honda's hourly cost to defend is far more than a 50 bucks payment and a few hours of OP to waste.

Just imagine if there were no repercussions to SCC plaintif losses. The court would have been hijacked by all the revenge filings.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1647 posts
576 upvotes
Calgary
A dealership will charge your around 10-12 hr labour to take out and tear down the transmission. Thats almost 1000-1200 right here at minimum. Then you have to take pictures and provide it to the court along with someone who is able to explain these issues....

To be honest, my family friend who has an odyssey got their transmission replaced from the junkyard for around $1500 ... twice in 10 years. Might as well do that and cut your losses.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2010
603 posts
58 upvotes
masarwar wrote: A dealership will charge your around 10-12 hr labour to take out and tear down the transmission. Thats almost 1000-1200 right here at minimum. Then you have to take pictures and provide it to the court along with someone who is able to explain these issues....

To be honest, my family friend who has an odyssey got their transmission replaced from the junkyard for around $1500 ... twice in 10 years. Might as well do that and cut your losses.
Tried finding one here in USA. No luck. Labour is pretty expensive here. They want close to $2500 for a used transmission replacement or transmission overhaul.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)