• Jul 20th, 2017 11:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 9, 2006
951 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto

Taking out stacked dryer/washer in a tight space

Just found out my washer drain plug is clogged needs cleaning. Supposedly it is a easy task if I can reach the bottom of the dryer. However it is currently stacked under the dryer (see photo). Anyone have experiences on removing the dryer?

If this is something that requires professional help, what would be a reasonable price for this service?
Images
  • W9L5ABf.jpg
7 replies
Apr 27, 2014
378 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
You'll need two people to take the dryer down safely. You probably need to unscrew a few spots on the mounting brackets and then just lift it down slowly.

If you decide to pay somebody they will also send two people to do it so it will get expensive fast.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7264 posts
2848 upvotes
GTA
Sure you need to get at bottom of that washer? I'm thinking the pump and filter are accessed by removing the back panel. Carefully slide the washer/dryer forward ( thick towel or carpet scrap under legs helps) as one unit to get behind it. Looks like a tight fit from that pic
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2081 posts
1034 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I have the same brand, similar setup. There should be 2 brackets at the back between the 2 units. Unscrew both sides and lift out. Obviously you will need 2 people.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2006
951 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
DDHLeigh wrote: I have the same brand, similar setup. There should be 2 brackets at the back between the 2 units. Unscrew both sides and lift out. Obviously you will need 2 people.
Yours are the Frigidaire Affinity as well?

I'll try your method tonight
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7264 posts
2848 upvotes
GTA
Let us know how this turns out; guessing your following instructions like this?

I clean washing machine filter every month or 2, they all should be made with pump at front and an easy access door. Surprised there is no door at the rear of the machine and you need to remove dryer and tilt the washer up-that's crazy!
[OP]
Dec 9, 2006
951 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Zamboni wrote: Let us know how this turns out; guessing your following instructions like this?

I clean washing machine filter every month or 2, they all should be made with pump at front and an easy access door. Surprised there is no door at the rear of the machine and you need to remove dryer and tilt the washer up-that's crazy!
Yes, I found tutorials similar to this, hopefully I don't get squished
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12139 posts
7320 upvotes
Paris
A few front loaders have easy access to the pump and filter. Mine isn't so bad but my brother's newer one has an easy access filter but he had the benefit of experience when he replaced his original front loader

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)