Automotive

Talk me out of a supercharged V8

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 4:38 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4427 posts
2929 upvotes

Talk me out of a supercharged V8

Probably not the ideal or best time to spend on a supercharged V8. Fuel prices are up above to pre covid times bit seems less cars on the road. The growl and scream of that V8 is just orgasmic.

Talk me out of it.
Images
  • 20200724_092438.jpg
38 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
31744 posts
18662 upvotes
Toronto


We are here to convince you instead Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Member
Oct 24, 2018
384 posts
363 upvotes
Jaguar F-Type SVR is the best noise on the road, and the best v8 supercharged power plant. Buy it.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3311 posts
1893 upvotes
Mississauga
Considering that the image you posted is Jag (or maybe Range Rover), maybe start by looking at the reliability rating. You might talk yourself out of it.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2941 posts
2348 upvotes
Markham
Ahhh a Jaguar Supercharged V8. So its either a XJR or a XKR, sorry mate I really like those. Both great looking cars, the XKR keeps looking better and better as it ages. Although I'd probably go with an Aston Martin DB7 as that could be equipped with a manual transmission.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4427 posts
2929 upvotes
JeganV wrote: Ahhh a Jaguar Supercharged V8. So its either a XJR or a XKR, sorry mate I really like those. Both great looking cars, the XKR keeps looking better and better as it ages. Although I'd probably go with an Aston Martin DB7 as that could be equipped with a manual transmission.
You guys know your stuff.
Images
  • 20200724_092955.jpg
  • 20200724_092601.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6559 posts
4092 upvotes
Toronto
Why does it have barf trim? See if you can cover that up with aftermarket trim pieces.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 11, 2004
10089 posts
964 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for manual transmission, more fun with that kinda of power
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
55995 posts
20905 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: Probably not the ideal or best time to spend on a supercharged V8. Fuel prices are up above to pre covid times bit seems less cars on the road. The growl and scream of that V8 is just orgasmic.

Talk me out of it.
Go for it. No turbo to break.

You are used to VW quality so it may be a step up in reliability anyway.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2010
886 posts
436 upvotes
Canada
Biege Corolla Sport Edition with 17" steelies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2004
1575 posts
568 upvotes
There will be less and less v8 as emissions will force manufacturers to go smaller. Should get a copy before they are all extinct...well one that you can afford
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2015
1245 posts
782 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
V8 + SC= GT 500, that would be my pick.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 13, 2010
7396 posts
1573 upvotes
Scarborough
You know about speed cameras and reduced speed limits on many streets ?
Gonna be fun in v8 going 40km/hr. Go for it dude you deserve it. Go spend that cash
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32865 posts
14578 upvotes
Keep in mind a "supercharged V8" Jag may look like it's a great price now but consider that:
-A car that cost like $80k+ to begin with, will cost what a car of that price costs, to fix.
-Jaguar, one of the few car companies that seems to intentionally implement things that are absolutely unnecessary, and basically makes "just another thing to fail".
-These cars are not known for being reliable...at all.
-There's a reason these cars sell for pretty cheap after they're a few years old.

OTOH this car does have one badass exhaust sound, and I don't even like loud exhausts. The interesting thing is, if you're in the car, you can't hear the exhaust that much at all which is really a good thing, 'cause you're not getting a headache from stupid exhaust noise. OTOH it's more the people outside that get to appreciate or be annoyed by, the exhaust noise :lol:

But anyway, here you go:

peteryorkuca wrote: Why does it have barf trim? See if you can cover that up with aftermarket trim pieces.
XK had a really crap interior to begin with, TBH. Just a parts-bin interior really.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
2448 posts
3242 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Ballin' on a budget.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4427 posts
2929 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Keep in mind a "supercharged V8" Jag may look like it's a great price now but consider that:
-A car that cost like $80k+ to begin with, will cost what a car of that price costs, to fix.
-Jaguar, one of the few car companies that seems to intentionally implement things that are absolutely unnecessary, and basically makes "just another thing to fail".
-These cars are not known for being reliable...at all.
-There's a reason these cars sell for pretty cheap after they're a few years old.

OTOH this car does have one badass exhaust sound, and I don't even like loud exhausts. The interesting thing is, if you're in the car, you can't hear the exhaust that much at all which is really a good thing, 'cause you're not getting a headache from stupid exhaust noise. OTOH it's more the people outside that get to appreciate or be annoyed by, the exhaust noise :lol:

But anyway, here you go:

XK had a really crap interior to begin with, TBH. Just a parts-bin interior really.
I like the vents on the hood too not so much for the protective film on it.
Images
  • 20200724_092448.jpg

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)