Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

1 year non registered GIC at 4.85%, (not targeted offer, open to everyone, new or actual clients)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2022 12:33 am
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1628 posts
2188 upvotes
Mississauga
Tangerine dropped their rate this morning to 4.4% for the 1 year GIC.
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
300 LD Can/US minutes, 2000 LD minutes to India, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ smartwatch plan
Rogers $44.99 for 24 mths, Ignite internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2010
819 posts
333 upvotes
Brampton
jadoogar wrote: Tangerine dropped their rate this morning to 4.4% for the 1 year GIC.
This is ridiculous - how did they know I was about to invest LOL
Obviously Simplii @ 4.5% is a better deal. Which other big bank is offering more?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
8009 posts
4894 upvotes
West GTEH!
jadoogar wrote: Tangerine dropped their rate this morning to 4.4% for the 1 year GIC.
That was for a short period of time, 4.60%. Maybe 1 week?
😎
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1628 posts
2188 upvotes
Mississauga
Webhead wrote: That was for a short period of time, 1 week?
Yes, wonder what was the thought process from Tangerine's end. The 4.6% lasted for 3 days.
Last edited by jadoogar on Aug 29th, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
300 LD Can/US minutes, 2000 LD minutes to India, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ smartwatch plan
Rogers $44.99 for 24 mths, Ignite internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
7037 posts
4479 upvotes
joeags wrote: Found it: https://client.manulifebank.com/edo/#/p ... ANG_ID=001

Manulife likes to have their hidden promotions - they did this in the past. New post added here: Link
What I like about Manulife is when the base rate goes up, your overall rate will also go up the same amount. Say Sep 7, BoC increases rate with another 0.5% or %0.75%, base rate will definitely go up, just don't know how much, maybe 0.25%? if so then your interest rate will be 3.75% and not 3.5%. I may open another account for this promotion since my Tangerine is coming to an end and they are not offering me anything
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2015
1991 posts
1697 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I guess too many people locked in at 4.5, 4.6 so they dont need cash anymore. Means they have enough to leverage and give as loans.

Maybe after sep 7 will change again.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3121 posts
2115 upvotes
Toronto
FYI, if you’re transferring funds, Tangerine won’t cover your withdrawal fee from your previous bank.
Sr. Member
Sep 14, 2009
814 posts
458 upvotes
Kingston
mkl38s wrote: What I like about Manulife is when the base rate goes up, your overall rate will also go up the same amount. Say Sep 7, BoC increases rate with another 0.5% or %0.75%, base rate will definitely go up, just don't know how much, maybe 0.25%? if so then your interest rate will be 3.75% and not 3.5%. I may open another account for this promotion since my Tangerine is coming to an end and they are not offering me anything
That's awesome info. and happy Manulife's promo doesn't exclude people with previous Advantage accounts like they did a few times in the past.
Jr. Member
Jul 23, 2007
182 posts
31 upvotes
York
Tangerine switch and bait. I placed the order for the purchase of two 1 year term GICs at 4.6% with a transfer in of funds on Friday Aug 26 and the transactions went through today but showing 4.4%. That's not the contact term that I agreed to.

Remarks: was on a one hour call with Tangerine got the agreed upon interest rate of 4.6%.
Last edited by didi love on Aug 29th, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
didi love wrote: Tangerine switch and bait. I placed the order for the purchase of two 1 year term GICs at 4.6% with a transfer in of funds on Friday Aug 26 and the transactions went through today but showing 4.4%. That's not the contact term that I agreed to.
You should call them in. Nothing will solve by itself. It's ok to post this here, but it won't change anything about this issue.

You should have the announced rate at the time you opened the account, nit at the time the transfer is done
Member
Dec 27, 2017
316 posts
307 upvotes
Check you insights as there's also the promo interest rate of 3.5% on all savings accounts to Dec 2022. No need to lock into a 6 month or 1 year GIC. There is likely to be another promo at that time. And Interest rates are likely to rise, so you can hold off moving funds to GIC
[OP]
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
jgaleazza wrote: Check you insights as there's also the promo interest rate of 3.5% on all savings accounts to Dec 2022. No need to lock into a 6 month or 1 year GIC. There is likely to be another promo at that time. And Interest rates are likely to rise, so you can hold off moving funds to GIC
No one knows. Actually, Tangerine lowered their rates... Not only BOC rates states the banks rates, There is many other factors they have to take into consideration
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2006
1278 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
jgaleazza wrote: Check you insights as there's also the promo interest rate of 3.5% on all savings accounts to Dec 2022. No need to lock into a 6 month or 1 year GIC. There is likely to be another promo at that time. And Interest rates are likely to rise, so you can hold off moving funds to GIC
If you're lucky enough to get this. I haven't and just called into Tangerine to renew my promo rate this morning and best they would offer is 2.85% which is a joke.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
iluvsdadeals wrote: If you're lucky enough to get this. I haven't and just called into Tangerine to renew my promo rate this morning and best they would offer is 2.85% which is a joke.
I hate their YMMV deals / rates. You have to beg, and even if you do so it's huge YMMV...
Jr. Member
Nov 17, 2013
149 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
The rate has dropped to 4.4% for the 1 year now :(
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4991 posts
4427 upvotes
FYI. 3 year GIC is dropping from 4.7% to 4.5% tomorrow...

Top