Expired Hot Deals

[Tangerine] $100 bonus when you open a new Tangerine account with minimum $100 deposit (by June 30, 2019)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 7:56 pm
[OP]
Nov 29, 2015
121 posts
63 upvotes

[Tangerine] $100 bonus when you open a new Tangerine account with minimum $100 deposit (by June 30, 2019)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
Sign up as a Tangerine Client and open an eligible Tangerine Chequing or Savings Account with at least $100 by June 30, 2019, and get a $100 Bonus* plus a chance to win a signed Toronto Raptors basketball or jersey

*To be eligible for the $100 Bonus, you must sign up as a New Client with Tangerine using the Orange Key FINALS100, and successfully open your first Tangerine no-fee daily Chequing Account or Tangerine Savings Account, (non-registered Canadian dollar Savings Accounts only, excluding Children’s Savings Accounts) with a minimum initial deposit of $100 between May 30, 2019 and June 30, 2019 (the “Offer Period”). Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you’ve satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. Bonus will be deposited in the New Client’s Account within 30 days of satisfying these requirements. Limit of one (1) Bonus per New Client. This offer can’t be combined with any other New Client Bonus offers. “New Clients” are individuals who have never held any Account with Tangerine. Offer may be changed, withdrawn, suspended or extended at any time without notice. Orange Key may only be used once.
Last edited by yodelh on Jun 14th, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
151 replies
Mar 27, 2011
673 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Can I sign up an account for my 2 month old daughter for this :o
Feb 27, 2011
274 posts
347 upvotes
Calgary, AB
gekaizer wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 3:01 pm
Can I sign up an account for my 2 month old daughter for this :o
I called about this a year ago during another promo with Tangerine. There is a minimum age for accounts with them, it was somewhere in the 13-16 years old range iirc.
Koodo 6 GB/$40 plan
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2358 posts
1553 upvotes
that seems like a good deal ....I dont see any requirement for direct deposit, bill payment etc ...so just straight deposit $100 and get $100 ......am I reading this right? (too good to be true?)
Apr 24, 2011
320 posts
92 upvotes
Scarborough
I believe I got an email saying $50 referral bonus is now permanent as well - wonder if this stacks? Referring friends and getting them $150 would be quite the incentive
Aug 25, 2012
91 posts
156 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Any monthly fees associated with these accounts? Isn’t that the most important part? Count on a bank to try and recoup their money in monthly fees...
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Nov 28, 2016
155 posts
145 upvotes
pongster wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 3:31 pm
that seems like a good deal ....I dont see any requirement for direct deposit, bill payment etc ...so just straight deposit $100 and get $100 ......am I reading this right? (too good to be true?)
I opened a Tangerine account in 2017 for the $50 sign up bonus. After verifying the required info, I sent $100 etransfer to the chequeing account and received $50 within a few hours. Then, I immediately transfered all $150 back to TD. Pretty easy $50 plus a free chequeing account.
Nov 28, 2011
751 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
axis81 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 4:15 pm
I believe I got an email saying $50 referral bonus is now permanent as well - wonder if this stacks? Referring friends and getting them $150 would be quite the incentive
The update to the referral program is neat! $50 is definitely compelling.

You probably won't be able to stack considering that new clients will need to sign up with the FINALS100 Orange Key -- so they wouldn't be able to enter your referral key.

frozatio wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 4:24 pm
Any monthly fees associated with these accounts? Isn’t that the most important part? Count on a bank to try and recoup their money in monthly fees...
I've had this account for years and there isn't a monthly fee nor a minimum balance fee.

Other fees are still there (atm fees if using outside the Scotiabank network, Interac etransfer, etc.)
Nov 24, 2016
55 posts
24 upvotes
does it do credit check to open account?
Edit: You have to click the consent for credit check to finish the submit. Does anyone know if it is for sure checking it or not?
Jan 9, 2007
632 posts
100 upvotes
Markham
not asking for referrals and not offering..

is this stackable with referral bonus? its about $250
Koodo $60/10gb, if you know of a better deal, please PM me
May 8, 2013
186 posts
141 upvotes
Cambridge
also not asking for referral or giving... but if i had one referral code, where would i enter it ?
Jun 4, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
opening checking account will not required your credit standing. you can open a checking account even if your credit score ant good.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3028 posts
1904 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
How does the $100 need to get transferred into the new account? Is a void cheque required (it was a necessary a few years ago) or is an e-transfer sufficient?
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Dec 25, 2017
893 posts
660 upvotes
layowblue wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 7:40 pm
does it do credit check to open account?
Edit: You have to click the consent for credit check to finish the submit. Does anyone know if it is for sure checking it or not?
Yes they run your credit and, if your eligible, they confirm your identity after asking a few questions from the data on your credit.

I failed, they weren’t able to run my credit when I signed up initially so I got my ID checked at Canada Post. However I heard that it’s just a soft check to verify identity... not like Simplii and running hard checks.