1131 posts
1782 upvotes
Vancouver
I was offered 2.25% only. Well, it’s better than EQ
Jul 3, 2020
16 posts
8 upvotes
fpenguin wrote: I was offered 2.25% only. Well, it’s better than EQ
Have people been getting these offers through insight for beginning of July? I'm thinking of waiting for the insights to roll out before calling in. Can anyone post screenshots?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1131 posts
1782 upvotes
Vancouver
OuiOuiBiyori wrote: Have people been getting these offers through insight for beginning of July? I'm thinking of waiting for the insights to roll out before calling in. Can anyone post screenshots?
I didn't get any from insights. What I did was try to move all of my money out from savings to an external account via phone banking, then I get to talk to one of their agents. I explain I was offered a better interest rate, and they try to give you an incentive to keep the money in their bank. Usually it's for 90 days only, so I'll need to make a reminder in my calendar to repeat this process.
Jul 3, 2020
16 posts
8 upvotes
A data point:

Just called in and asked if they are able to provide me with any promos after my promo expired on June 30. Representative asked if I could transfer my 50+K in immediately, and I said I could. He said he could offer 1.6% for 90 days. Did not take the offer.

I feel like we are headed for even lower interest rates with HISAs.
Mar 23, 2004
46885 posts
12819 upvotes
Markham
OuiOuiBiyori wrote: A data point:

Just called in and asked if they are able to provide me with any promos after my promo expired on June 30. Representative asked if I could transfer my 50+K in immediately, and I said I could. He said he could offer 1.6% for 90 days. Did not take the offer.

I feel like we are headed for even lower interest rates with HISAs.
50k 1.60%? Might as well go with Motive/EQ. That rep must be on drugs.

BTW your username is a word play on something related to my avatar right Winking Face
Jul 3, 2020
16 posts
8 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: 50k 1.60%? Might as well go with Motive/EQ. That rep must be on drugs.

BTW your username is a word play on something related to my avatar right Winking Face
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Dec 28, 2018
114 posts
29 upvotes
I was offered 1.8% till December as my 2.5% offer expired today. I will be switching over to EQ bank.
Oct 2, 2016
41 posts
52 upvotes
Torontoman11 wrote: I was offered 1.8% till December as my 2.5% offer expired today. I will be switching over to EQ bank.
Same, I got offered 1.8% today while my 2% was expiring tomorrow. I threatened to transfer my money away, they called me back, didn't improved their offer, and confirmed it would take 2-3 days to move out all my funds to competitor.
Over the past 12 month I went from 2.8% to 1.8% IIRC. Sucks that nowadays companies value more new customers than loyal customers.
I'm in QC and I can't find a better rate elsewhere so I guess I'll still stay with them...
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1062 posts
1406 upvotes
With this deal expiring at the end of the month, where else will have a good rate going?

cheers,
:)
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
2379 posts
763 upvotes
Mississauga
klamchowder wrote: With this deal expiring at the end of the month, where else will have a good rate going?

cheers,
I just scheduled to move the funds on Aug 31st to CIBC which has 1.5% until Oct 31st.
Incase if their marketing call me back..then i will consider depends on the offer..other wise moonies goes to CIBC for now..
hate running around FI's though
Oct 8, 2006
616 posts
407 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
klamchowder wrote: With this deal expiring at the end of the month, where else will have a good rate going?

cheers,
Canadian Tire Bank has 1.8% on their HISA plus a bonus of .2% if you have or open a CT Credit Card, enable email notification for Cdn Tire and make a deposit by Sept. 30. I have the CC already so just called CT bank to enable bonus .2% so get 2%. No idea how long this will last Smiling Face With Open Mouth

https://www.myctfs.com/
Jan 21, 2019
30 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa
Is there any good rate now at Tangerine? What can we get now?

Thanks.