Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

2 Tangerine Credit Cards - $100 Giftcard, No Fees!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2021 1:49 pm
Apr 27, 2018
119 posts
36 upvotes
I got this message when trying to apply for a World Mastercard "Thanks for your interest in the Tangerine World Mastercard. At this time you can only have one Credit Card Account. Stay tuned to hear from us." How do you "upgrade" from the Money Back one?
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
664 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
Bratcoin wrote: I also had this problem yesterday using Windows Chrome but when I used iOS Safari I was able to see the offer again and successfully applied. Or try the tangerine page directly: https://rates.ca/credit-cards/tangerine
Nice - looks like its still live through the back door :D
Apr 17, 2021
25 posts
1 upvote
Applied and got rejected. Should I delete the account I had to make to sign up for the card, or just leave it?
Jun 9, 2015
40 posts
115 upvotes
Ottawa
Just applied through the rates.ca link. Got instantly approved for the upgrade to World Mastercard but no pending status on my rates.ca account. Is this a bad sign or it'll probably show up in a bit? I just created a new rates account prior to applying.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2402 posts
673 upvotes
Montreal
Called them to ask them to resend me an e-mail because I probably deleted the one in the junk folder by accident. They said it should take 4-6 weeks for it to arrive before calling them back to inquire.
Did anyone else not receive their Gift card and have upgraded to World from the regular tangerine and approved 2-3 weeks ago?
Jan 8, 2020
60 posts
22 upvotes
Yragorn wrote: Called them to ask them to resend me an e-mail because I probably deleted the one in the junk folder by accident. They said it should take 4-6 weeks for it to arrive before calling them back to inquire.
Did anyone else not receive their Gift card and have upgraded to World from the regular tangerine and approved 2-3 weeks ago?
I did. An I had to wait nearly the full 8 weeks from application to finally get it!
Apr 30, 2020
302 posts
304 upvotes
I've registered with perfect score, never had a rejection but Tangerine who i bank with rejected my registration lol. I called the company they deal with for processing credit scores and they were super disorganized. They had wrong data about me and even charged my credit card without my consent once i logged into their site. I called them to get my money back which they agreed to do but i never got any confirmation so we shall see if they honor it. For now no Tangerine credit cards for me...
Apr 20, 2010
130 posts
20 upvotes
Kleinburg
PapaTroll wrote: I've registered with perfect score, never had a rejection but Tangerine who i bank with rejected my registration lol. I called the company they deal with for processing credit scores and they were super disorganized. They had wrong data about me and even charged my credit card without my consent once i logged into their site. I called them to get my money back which they agreed to do but i never got any confirmation so we shall see if they honor it. For now no Tangerine credit cards for me...
Same situation with my wife. Do you have the number? The rep I spoke with just said it was out of their control and offered no solution. Thanks.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18636 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
Ot... Anyone shop at giant tiger.... Does it code 2x as Grocery using tang world cc? Tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 11, 2005
504 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Hi everyone, I tried doing a search and read through many pages, but still unsure.

If I had to pick one, would the Tangerine World mastercard be a better option than the PC Financial World Elite mastercard?
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1275 posts
514 upvotes
Markham
It all depends on your spending habit. But you need to bear in mind that PCF WE MC has a spending threshold of $10K/yr (?), or else they will downgrade you.
dbcooper wrote: Hi everyone, I tried doing a search and read through many pages, but still unsure.

If I had to pick one, would the Tangerine World mastercard be a better option than the PC Financial World Elite mastercard?
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10330 posts
5628 upvotes
Toronto
Roger21 wrote: Submitted the inquiry April 4, still waiting...
Received mines today after submitting inquiry April 22.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1342 posts
2473 upvotes
s'toon
Desibabu wrote: Verified my identity at the post office yesterday and received my Amazon gift card today. Haven’t even gotten my new credit card in the mail yet.
Did you get any emails of approval after you verified at canadapost? Just did and just received a thank you for verifiying. Logged in to tang and didnt see a credit card account...
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1720 posts
164 upvotes
Hi RFD, 2 quick questions:

1. can a referral apply via Ratesdotca for the gift card and use my Tangerine referral code on the tangerine application and still get both benefits?

2. does the tangerine world mastercard show live pending preauthorized transactions?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1023 posts
216 upvotes
Hamilton
iSimple wrote: Received mines today after submitting inquiry April 22.
Same here with similar timeline.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.” ― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Nov 18, 2020
11 posts
20 upvotes
Scrap Yard
mikka2017 wrote: Ot... Anyone shop at giant tiger.... Does it code 2x as Grocery using tang world cc? Tia
This largely depends on a per store basis, so some do, some don't. I'd buy something cheap from your local Giant Tiger with your Tangerine CC and see what the transaction is classified under, as this is the only way to confirm for yourself.
Beige is love. Beige is life.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18636 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
ToyotaCorolla wrote: This largely depends on a per store basis, so some do, some don't. I'd buy something cheap from your local Giant Tiger with your Tangerine CC and see what the transaction is classified under, as this is the only way to confirm for yourself.
i shopped there twice in my life...cobalt is 5x grocery, amex scotia gold codes as NOT grocery so only 1x :( . i'll try again once i get my VISA bmo eclipse...world tangerine mc(since no AF, i might just keep it as a drawer card, i don't usually cancel no AF ccs), im prolly never using as i don't need to 2x is too low for groceries for me
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10330 posts
5628 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: i shopped there twice in my life...cobalt is 5x grocery, amex scotia gold codes as NOT grocery so only 1x :( . i'll try again once i get my VISA bmo eclipse...world tangerine mc(since no AF, i might just keep it as a drawer card, i don't usually cancel no AF ccs), im prolly never using as i don't need to 2x is too low for groceries for me
How much you spent avg for groceries a month
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18636 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
iSimple wrote: How much you spent avg for groceries a month
i try min. 500$ at least on my cobalt to get bonus 2500x2 pts, thats a mix of gcs and groceries, but i don't spend more then 500$ on food aka groceries... fast food i prolly spend another 200$ i think per month, not sure as i don't keep exact figures
May 15, 2011
78 posts
31 upvotes
Since people upgrading eventually got the gc thru inquiring & opportunity was ending soon I upgraded to world with no issues. Will wait a couple weeks then send in inquiry (if needed)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)