Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

2 Tangerine Credit Cards - $100 Giftcard, No Fees!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2021 1:49 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6111 posts
1975 upvotes
Scarborough
I got the gift card after upgrading my Tangerine card. It took an inquiry and a few weeks, but I got it. Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4135 posts
1298 upvotes
QC
Are you still eligible for the 15% CB for the first 1000$ spent?
Jan 9, 2021
6 posts
Calgary
Any ideas on the best no fee credit card for points, bill payment out there? Is this the best one?

Also, could pay fee if the return back will be more than the fee. Let’s say $24000 annual spending.

Thanks
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18605 posts
5435 upvotes
Scarberia
Yycdeal wrote: Any ideas on the best no fee credit card for points, bill payment out there? Is this the best one?

Also, could pay fee if the return back will be more than the fee. Let’s say $24000 annual spending.

Thanks
if ur spending that much, try to get the cibc dividend infinite visa, or the scotiabank momentum infinite > this has 4% cb on recurring bills
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 12, 2014
836 posts
132 upvotes
Ajax
Not related...but does anyone know what merchants are eligible as grocery stores to receive 2% cashback under the Tangerine World MC? Is a list published anywhere? For example - is Walmart one?
Nov 18, 2020
11 posts
20 upvotes
Scrap Yard
yellowlight18 wrote: Not related...but does anyone know what merchants are eligible as grocery stores to receive 2% cashback under the Tangerine World MC? Is a list published anywhere? For example - is Walmart one?
Only Walmart Supercentres count as grocery stores, not 'regular' Walmarts.

There is a pretty good list on RFD (list in the thread summary):

Ultimate Tangerine MC Category Reference
Beige is love. Beige is life.
Aug 9, 2014
271 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
How long did it take you after the inquiry? I'm still waiting 4 weeks after my inquiry
Dec 24, 2010
380 posts
260 upvotes
Hi - I am just trying to catch up with this offer as I see tht it is due to expire May 14.
I currently have the Tangerine Cash Back card with 2 additional cards (spouse and daughter). I have it set up for CB in 3 categories.

Reading through the thread it looks like I am qualified to upgrade and could apply through the rates.ca website.

My question is that what happens to my existing cards (I spend about $2000/month) - do i get a different card and will discontinue my existing cards? Do I have to re setup automatic payments and the 3 CB categories and everything from scratch or the upgrade takes care of it?

Would appreciate a feedback as we are really near the end of the promotion

Thanks
Jul 30, 2004
118 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver
BestFind wrote: Hi - I am just trying to catch up with this offer as I see tht it is due to expire May 14.
I currently have the Tangerine Cash Back card with 2 additional cards (spouse and daughter). I have it set up for CB in 3 categories.

Reading through the thread it looks like I am qualified to upgrade and could apply through the rates.ca website.

My question is that what happens to my existing cards (I spend about $2000/month) - do i get a different card and will discontinue my existing cards? Do I have to re setup automatic payments and the 3 CB categories and everything from scratch or the upgrade takes care of it?

Would appreciate a feedback as we are really near the end of the promotion

Thanks
You will have to set up your automatic payments again with individual merchants because you will get a new card number. The 2% reward categories will stay the same.
Jul 25, 2013
137 posts
12 upvotes
OTTAWA
Upgraded to WE card from CB card and got the GC ~3 weeks after inquiry which was filed ~2 weeks after getting the card. :)
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
659 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
Last day boys and girls and then this thread will come to it's end.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2576 posts
2420 upvotes
Montreal, QC
GCR has $60 Cash Back Rebate, less but better than getting a gift card imo
Jun 9, 2015
40 posts
115 upvotes
Ottawa
Unfortunately I sent in an inquiry and the guy told me I had to be a new card holder and couldn't get the promo via an upgrade from an existing cashback card to the world mastercard and then they quoted their terms:

"(Must) Be a new Tangerine Money World Mastercard® or Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card Holder. (For previous Tangerine Credit Cardholders your eligibility to be considered a "new" customer may be reconsidered 12 months after the closing of your account) "
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10326 posts
5623 upvotes
Toronto
Alekxqin wrote: GCR has $60 Cash Back Rebate, less but better than getting a gift card imo
You can sell the gift card for like 20% on websites.

Bestbuy $100 can you get $85 for example
Jun 1, 2018
20 posts
15 upvotes
So it looks like we need to already be a tangerine customer, or open an account with them before applying? Seems to be getting mixed info.
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
659 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
iSimple wrote: You can sell the gift card for like 20% on websites.

Bestbuy $100 can you get $85 for example
Good thinking
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11213 posts
1858 upvotes
Guelph
GrizzyGus wrote: So it looks like we need to already be a tangerine customer, or open an account with them before applying? Seems to be getting mixed info.
No new customers can sign up. It will open a savings account along side the cc.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 68-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1633 posts
1005 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have the Amazon MC CC. Can I use that at Costco? What cashback rate does it provide?
Is there a disadvantage to getting the Tangerine CC exclusively for Costco?