Hot Deals

Tangerine

$300 Cash Bonus Plus 2.00% Interest Rate

[OP]
Newbie
Oct 9, 2020
19 posts
49 upvotes

[Tangerine] $300 Cash Bonus Plus 2.00% Interest Rate

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 5, 2022
Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
1
Become a new Client online by January 5, 2022 using the promo code EARNMORE

2
Open your first eligible Savings Account and Chequing Account within 30 days, and you’ll earn 2.00% interest in your Savings Account for 5 months.

3
Add your payroll and have the first payroll direct deposit in your Chequing Account within 60 days of opening the Account. Keep it going for at least 3 straight months and you’ll earn a $300 Bonus after the 3rd month. Click here to learn more about when the Bonus gets paid.

Heads up - if you’ve been referred with a Client’s Orange Key, know that this offer can’t be combined with our Refer a Friend Bonus.

1The New Client 2.00% Interest Rate and $300 Cash Bonus Bundle Offer (the "Offer") is available to new Tangerine Clients who: (a) have a Client Number created between September 9, 2021 and January 5, 2022, (b) become a Tangerine Client using the Promo Code “EARNMORE”, (c) open an Applicable Savings Account within 30 days of the date their Client Number was created, and (d) open a Tangerine Chequing Account within 30 days of the date their Client Number was created (collectively the “Offer Qualifying Conditions”). The 2.00% Promotional Rate will apply to deposits made to an Eligible Client’s Applicable Savings Account(s) for 153 days (5 months) beginning on the date all Offer Qualifying Conditions have been met, to a maximum of $1,000,000 (in the currency of the Applicable Account) per Applicable Savings Account Type (for deposits to registered Applicable Savings Accounts made through a T2033 form, please see the full Offer Terms and Conditions). The Promotional Rate is an annualized rate, calculated daily and paid monthly. To be eligible for the $300 Cash Bonus, in addition to meeting all Offer Qualifying Conditions, an Eligible Client must switch the full amount of their automated and recurring eligible payroll direct deposit (minimum of $200 payroll direct deposit per month) for at least 3 consecutive months. The first payroll direct deposit must be received in their Tangerine Chequing Account within 60 days of Chequing Account opening. Limit of one (1) Cash Bonus per Primary Account Holder. The Offer is only applicable to Accounts where the Eligible Client is the Primary Account Holder. Offer is not transferable and can’t be combined with other promotional savings rate offers or chequing cash bonus offers. Further, while opening both Accounts is not required generally in order to open either a Chequing Account or Savings Account, you need to open both Accounts within your first 30 days to be eligible for this Offer. Full Offer Terms and Conditions, including definitions of any capitalized terms and a list of eligible payroll direct deposits, are available here. Offer may be changed, extended or cancelled without notice.
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 14th, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
33 replies
Member
Mar 11, 2020
236 posts
129 upvotes
how long do i have to wait after my account is closed to be eligible for this?
Sr. Member
Apr 4, 2017
916 posts
742 upvotes
cream4389 wrote: how long do i have to wait after my account is closed to be eligible for this?

7 years according to Tangerine customer service.
Member
Apr 19, 2020
241 posts
239 upvotes
langley
They used to do alot of promos now nothing sucks used to be good
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
10500 posts
76551 upvotes
Ontario
This is good but is there another option if we can’t enroll the payroll?
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 9, 2020
19 posts
49 upvotes
I don't think so unfortunately :(
Newbie
Dec 23, 2014
5 posts
52 upvotes
Anyone know if you have a Tangerine credit card, but have not opened a savings/chequing with them, would you still be eligible for this offer?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2007
1136 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
+++1 for Tangerine for anyone hesitating...its my primary bank account.

Its one of only a few free good Chequing accounts (PC financial being the other affiliated with CIBC) and uses the vast Scotiabank network of ABMs to withdraw/deposit cash.
I used this similar promo many years back to try it out and never looked back. Customer service is also top notch and speedy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 15, 2005
1680 posts
1172 upvotes
skyrink wrote: +++1 for Tangerine for anyone hesitating...its my primary bank account.

Its one of only a few free good Chequing accounts (PC financial being the other affiliated with CIBC) and uses the vast Scotiabank network of ABMs to withdraw/deposit cash.
I used this similar promo many years back to try it out and never looked back. Customer service is also top notch and speedy.
I’ll be honest. You’ve almost convinced me and I have never wanted a Tangerine account. They should hire you for their recruitment team!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2007
1136 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Arkaine wrote: I’ll be honest. You’ve almost convinced me and I have never wanted a Tangerine account. They should hire you for their recruitment team!
haha Tangerine has saved me enough money that I don't need another job....but thanks!
Newbie
Nov 9, 2020
53 posts
82 upvotes
Maple
skyrink wrote: +++1 for Tangerine for anyone hesitating...its my primary bank account.

Its one of only a few free good Chequing accounts (PC financial being the other affiliated with CIBC) and uses the vast Scotiabank network of ABMs to withdraw/deposit cash.
I used this similar promo many years back to try it out and never looked back. Customer service is also top notch and speedy.
I disagree with the Customer Service part because I never got to speak to a CSR to get my issue resolved no matter how many options I tried on the automated line.

I just keep the Tangerine a/c active because it gives me a Mastercard which I can use at Costco with 0.5% cashback. Never found a better free card to use there - If someone has a better idea, let me know.
Member
Dec 15, 2017
262 posts
266 upvotes
Stittsville
jay395 wrote: I disagree with the Customer Service part because I never got to speak to a CSR to get my issue resolved no matter how many options I tried on the automated line.

I just keep the Tangerine a/c active because it gives me a Mastercard which I can use at Costco with 0.5% cashback. Never found a better free card to use there - If someone has a better idea, let me know.
Check out Neo Financial Mastercard, which offers 1% cashback for Costco, 3% cashback for Dollarama and 2% cashback for Amazon, and it's also free ;)
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2007
970 posts
593 upvotes
Mississauga
jay395 wrote: I disagree with the Customer Service part because I never got to speak to a CSR to get my issue resolved no matter how many options I tried on the automated line.

I just keep the Tangerine a/c active because it gives me a Mastercard which I can use at Costco with 0.5% cashback. Never found a better free card to use there - If someone has a better idea, let me know.
get the costco card same sh*tty .5% but you save wallet space
Member
Apr 20, 2008
447 posts
289 upvotes
All I can say about tangerine is that it's a hassle....yes it's free chequing account but if you live in the West like me...it's a pain. Buying a house a few months ago and needed to get a draft quickly...I couldn't just go to a branch to get right there and then...had to called and they had to send it via Purolator....it was a heart racing time, I tell you. They used to have tangerine cafe but they closed them so you can't just pick it up there.....I would go with PC financial if you want no fee banking but still able to come in to do banking.
Jr. Member
Nov 6, 2014
138 posts
70 upvotes
North York, ON
jay395 wrote: I just keep the Tangerine a/c active because it gives me a Mastercard which I can use at Costco with 0.5% cashback. Never found a better free card to use there - If someone has a better idea, let me know.
Rogers no fee mastercard Platinum with 1% cash back or World Elite with 1.5%
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1112 posts
2071 upvotes
skyrink wrote: +++1 for Tangerine for anyone hesitating...its my primary bank account.

Its one of only a few free good Chequing accounts (PC financial being the other affiliated with CIBC) and uses the vast Scotiabank network of ABMs to withdraw/deposit cash.
I used this similar promo many years back to try it out and never looked back. Customer service is also top notch and speedy.
Arkaine wrote: I’ll be honest. You’ve almost convinced me and I have never wanted a Tangerine account. They should hire you for their recruitment team!
skyrink wrote: haha Tangerine has saved me enough money that I don't need another job....but thanks!
Now im REALLY suspicious skyrink already works for them!
Newbie
Nov 9, 2020
53 posts
82 upvotes
Maple
fun4life2 wrote: Rogers no fee mastercard Platinum with 1% cash back or World Elite with 1.5%
That Platinum looks nice - I'll think about it. I wanted to go for the World Elite but I'm a poor man.

Thanks!
Member
User avatar
Jan 23, 2010
223 posts
104 upvotes
jay395 wrote: That Platinum looks nice - I'll think about it. I wanted to go for the World Elite but I'm a poor man.

Thanks!
The Rogers Platinum card is pretty bad tbh. You would either want the World Elite or look for a different one entirely
Newbie
Nov 9, 2020
53 posts
82 upvotes
Maple
What's specifically bad about it?
Member
User avatar
Jan 23, 2010
223 posts
104 upvotes
Doesn't give you anything. 1% with no annual fee can be had at many places

There is nothing else it gives you. Neo MasterCard, for example, also gives you 1% base but also 2% on Amazon and LCBO. None of this exists for the Rogers Platinum. It's straight 1%

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)