Hot Deals

Tangerine

$300 Cash Bonus Plus 2.00% Interest Rate

Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1680 posts
1172 upvotes
skyrink wrote: haha Tangerine has saved me enough money that I don't need another job....but thanks!
Since we have confirmed you work at Tangerine :)
Is there a minimum balance requirement? What’s the maximum e-transfer amount on these chequing accounts?
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10461 posts
1784 upvotes
applied and was told there was an issue with my "SIN card"

never seen this before. is it a code for something else?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
3418 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
Damn it, I signed up for this promo (with code EARNMORE) a month ago for $200.
Nov 30, 2007
113 posts
75 upvotes
If no Payroll, is there any way to deposit $200/mo YOURSELF somehow as a payroll deposit (eg 'be your own employer')?????
Apr 14, 2018
1 posts
They don't mention this in the automated phone service that you call, but if you continue pressing '0', it will revert to a CSR.
Mar 5, 2007
316 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
pyr0sphere wrote: Doesn't give you anything. 1% with no annual fee can be had at many places

There is nothing else it gives you. Neo MasterCard, for example, also gives you 1% base but also 2% on Amazon and LCBO. None of this exists for the Rogers Platinum. It's straight 1%
MOOCer wrote: Check out Neo Financial Mastercard, which offers 1% cashback for Costco, 3% cashback for Dollarama and 2% cashback for Amazon, and it's also free ;)
Is there a list of all the eligible cashback merchants for this NEO Financial MC?
Dec 15, 2017
262 posts
266 upvotes
Stittsville
r3ddrag0nx wrote: Is there a list of all the eligible cashback merchants for this NEO Financial MC?
It's visible once you're registered in the system. Alternatively, you can contact their CS team.
Sep 21, 2019
372 posts
255 upvotes
Whats the best Simplii promo, is it currently running? I'd like to sign up for that but waiting for the right moment.
Mar 5, 2007
316 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
pyr0sphere wrote: Doesn't give you anything. 1% with no annual fee can be had at many places

There is nothing else it gives you. Neo MasterCard, for example, also gives you 1% base but also 2% on Amazon and LCBO. None of this exists for the Rogers Platinum. It's straight 1%
MOOCer wrote: It's visible once you're registered in the system. Alternatively, you can contact their CS team.
Any way someone could post the complete list on RFD somewhere?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
3157 posts
443 upvotes
jay395 wrote: I disagree with the Customer Service part because I never got to speak to a CSR to get my issue resolved no matter how many options I tried on the automated line.

I just keep the Tangerine a/c active because it gives me a Mastercard which I can use at Costco with 0.5% cashback. Never found a better free card to use there - If someone has a better idea, let me know.
Rogers World Elite MasterCard 1.5% on everything. No annual fee Money-mouth Face
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1848 posts
3915 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. Just signed up. This is great (for me). I just updated my payroll for the $300 bonus and will be parking a bunch of money for the 2% rate.
Jan 23, 2010
223 posts
104 upvotes
Rockdaddy22 wrote: Rogers World Elite MasterCard 1.5% on everything. No annual fee Money-mouth Face
Good luck keeping it though, especially if you're optimizing and using other cards for various categories like restaurants and recurring bills

I was on Rogers World Elite and was downgraded to the base version for not hitting $15k annual spend

It used to be my "Amazon 1.75% card (then downgraded to 1.5%)" but now there is a better free option in Neo @ 2% so I don't really miss it

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)