[Tangerine] $50 bonus + $24 GCR rebate when signing up for new Account

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 30, 2017
Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
Get $50 bonus for opening a new Tangerine Savings or Chequings account

Also, if you sign up using great-Canadian-rebates.ca website, get $24 cash back.

total $74 bonus money for opening an Account

Mod Edit: Do not ask for a referral or state that you have one to give. Comments like "PM me for details” or “you’ve got a PM" is also not allowed - you may get an infraction, additionally, sending unsolicited referrals through private message which gets reported will almost certainly earn you an infraction
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 4th, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: added reminder
76 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2454 posts
590 upvotes
Thornhill
Can i refer myself for opening a savings acc when i have checking?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1281 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
Bencherstyle wrote: Can i refer myself for opening a savings acc when i have checking?
Fine print states new clients must never have had an ING DIRECT or Tangerine Account
Jul 23, 2015
806 posts
584 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Could I get both referral bonus and this one? $124 free?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1281 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
Nibbler2012 wrote: Could I get both referral bonus and this one? $124 free?
I guess you can sign up for your parents, etc and pocket both $50 bonus
Jul 23, 2015
806 posts
584 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
brucele wrote: I guess you can sign up for your parents, etc and pocket both $50 bonus
Oh so the 50 here is the referral?
Jul 23, 2015
806 posts
584 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Is there a credit check or anything? Is the rebates site legit?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1281 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
Nibbler2012 wrote: Is there a credit check or anything? Is the rebates site legit?
I believe there is a credit check.

Rebate site is legit, just that redflags doesn't allow that site to be posted in forums
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2454 posts
590 upvotes
Thornhill
brucele wrote: Fine print states new clients must never have had an ING DIRECT or Tangerine Account
lol, i guess i can't refer myself then...haha
welp, time to sign up my family...familyfriends.,.. friends of friends... :0
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1460 posts
359 upvotes
Definitely a good offer if you've been thinking about signing up with Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1930 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
I remember taking advantage of this offer back in Nov. Anyway got the $50 referral for myself and my friend within one week after opening the account.
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
80 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
It takes about 2 seconds to type "orange key" into google or reddit and find orange keys.

Stop trying to get people to be banned for posting there orange key by requesting orange keys.

I think those that request orange keys should also be banned.
I play the video games H2, WC3. I bank with low fee or no fee banks like Implicity. If you got questions ask.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2454 posts
590 upvotes
Thornhill
User230 wrote: It takes about 2 seconds to type "orange key" into google or reddit and find orange keys.

Stop trying to get people to be banned for posting there orange key by requesting orange keys.

I think those that request orange keys should also be banned.
Whats wrong with giving back to the rfd community tho?
Jul 23, 2015
806 posts
584 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
brucele wrote: I believe there is a credit check.

Rebate site is legit, just that redflags doesn't allow that site to be posted in forums
If you have virtually no credit history...only had bank accounts no credit cards...are you likely denied for a tangerine savings?
Dec 21, 2014
260 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
How does this compare to rbc? Seems like they offer the same services for free - etransfer, no fee etc. Currently all RBC with their cash back visa and mastercard, so I'd pull that over too. Seems like their credit card is quite good
Nov 26, 2016
290 posts
494 upvotes
Just completed this deal by clicking the Tangerine link from within that rebate website; the $24 did not appear in the account and it says they need up to 3 weeks for the 'financial institution' to report the account was opened before the $24 will appear in the rebate website account. Will see how this plays out.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5316 posts
2300 upvotes
Just want to state Tangerine is the best bank. I've been with them for 2 years and probably earned around $2000 in bonuses. It's also great that you can use Scotiabank ATM machines.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4013 posts
1863 upvotes
BC
ar2020 wrote: Just want to state Tangerine is the best bank. I've been with them for 2 years and probably earned around $2000 in bonuses. It's also great that you can use Scotiabank ATM machines.
I can say the same. I originally signed up just for the bonuses but ended up moving most of my finances over to them from CIBC (who was slowly robbing me in fees) with no regrets at all.
I also made about 2k in bonuses signing up other people and never heard anything but positive reviews.
Aug 5, 2006
227 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver
Feegus wrote: I can say the same. I originally signed up just for the bonuses but ended up moving most of my finances over to them from CIBC (who was slowly robbing me in fees) with no regrets at all.
I also made about 2k in bonuses signing up other people and never heard anything but positive reviews.
Cannot agree more with it.
Nov 11, 2015
46 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Literally opened my account last week :(

Does anybody know how long it takes for the referral money to show up? I haven't received anything yet and I am worried its because I had to call in to apply the key and didn't enter it when first creating the account.