Personal Finance

Tangerine Business Savings Account - special offer interest - how much?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2016 10:58 am
Apr 17, 2016
46 posts
5 upvotes

Tangerine Business Savings Account - special offer interest - how much?

I had special offer from Tangerine for my Business Savings Account: 1.25% for 90 days. This offer expires very soon. Anyone can share what special offer they have for their Business Account, so I could better negotiate with Tangerine when I call them in.
I got this offer when I called in to Transfer my money out of Tangerine. I have "larger" amount of cash sitting there.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
VRedFlag wrote: I had special offer from Tangerine for my Business Savings Account: 1.25% for 90 days. This offer expires very soon. Anyone can share what special offer they have for their Business Account, so I could better negotiate with Tangerine when I call them in.
I got this offer when I called in to Transfer my money out of Tangerine. I have "larger" amount of cash sitting there.
Have you considered moving your bank balance to Oaken Financial? They are currently offering 1.75% in their savings account. Scroll to the bottom of the attached link:

http://www.oaken.com/gic-rates/
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
choclover wrote:
VRedFlag wrote: I had special offer from Tangerine for my Business Savings Account: 1.25% for 90 days. This offer expires very soon. Anyone can share what special offer they have for their Business Account, so I could better negotiate with Tangerine when I call them in.
Have you considered moving your bank balance to Oaken Financial? They are currently offering 1.75% in their savings account. Scroll to the bottom of the attached link:

Does Oaken do business accounts now?

If not, doesn't apply for OP.

Also, for personal accounts EQ is 2%, better than 1.75%.

EDIT: Not the clearest from first page that lists commercial GICs separately, but it appears savings is available for commercial use as well:
"Available for your Commercial needs too, as well as Personal"
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
ace604 wrote:
choclover wrote:

Does Oaken do business accounts now?

If not, doesn't apply for OP.

Also, for personal accounts EQ is 2%, better than 1.75%.

EDIT: Not the clearest from first page that lists commercial GICs separately, but it appears savings is available for commercial use as well:
"Available for your Commercial needs too, as well as Personal"
Yes, Oaken does business accounts and has been doing them for many years.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
7041 posts
652 upvotes
BC Interior
Oaken does indeed have the best biz savings rates but their application process left me with mild nausea. About 5 or 6 documents I recall according to their agents including declarations on company headed paper etc. etc. etc. Very 1980s. I giggled and hung up on them. If anyone has been through the process do let me know as I may still be interested.

Having said that I've opened biz savings accounts with many other institutions and the process is almost entirely done online, in some cases instantaneously so this shouldn't be an ordeal.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
ichpen wrote: Oaken does indeed have the best biz savings rates but their application process left me with mild nausea. About 5 or 6 documents I recall according to their agents including declarations on company headed paper etc. etc. etc. Very 1980s. I giggled and hung up on them. If anyone has been through the process do let me know as I may still be interested.

Having said that I've opened biz savings accounts with many other institutions and the process is almost entirely done online, in some cases instantaneously so this shouldn't be an ordeal.
I have had experience with the paper process but I think now it is online. You might still have to print and sign documents, though, because I think some of the documents are needed with original signatures for their files. It is a PITA but their service is top notch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)