[Tangerine Chequing] Tangerine Chequing Account up to $200 bonus

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2019 11:17 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2017
215 posts
127 upvotes

[Tangerine Chequing] Tangerine Chequing Account up to $200 bonus

Earn a $50 Bonus by opening a Tangerine Chequing Account with at least $100 by using the OrangeKey 'Orange50'*
* I assume one can also be referred and use others codes and get the $50

plus earn an additional $150 by the following options:

Have your payroll direct deposits switched to your Tangerine Chequing Account within 90 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $150 Bonus will be paid after 3 consecutive months of deposits.
OR
Switch 2 pre-authorized payments of at least $50 each within 90 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $150 Bonus will be paid after 3 consecutive months of pre-authorized payment withdrawals.

Mod reminder: to keep this thread open, do not ask for or offer referrals. This includes requesting pm's from other members.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 20th, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: added reminder
For further questions or comments on my posts, feel free to PM me
73 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3594 posts
1176 upvotes
Global Village
Terms and Conditions
General:

The Tangerine Bank (the “Bank”) Chequing Bonus Offer (the “Offer”) of up to $200 is available between February 1, 2019 and May 30, 2019 (the “Offer Period”), to New Clients who (i) open a Chequing Account with an initial deposit of at least $100 and switch their eligible payroll direct deposits for at least 3 consecutive months, or (ii) setup two (2) different eligible recurring pre-authorized payments of at least $50 each that continue for at least 3 consecutive months, where the conditions outlined below are satisfied. The Offer expires on May 30, 2019 (the “Offer Expiry”), and the first qualifying payroll direct deposit must be received within 90 days of successfully opening a Chequing Account. The first withdrawal taken from the Chequing Account for each of the two (2) pre-authorized payments must be successfully withdrawn within 90 days of successfully opening a Chequing Account. Payroll direct deposits include, and are limited to, the types of payroll outlined in Section 7 below. Eligible pre-authorized payments are outlined in Section 8 below.

Eligibility:

To earn the $50 Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key ‘Orange50’ and successfully open your first Tangerine Chequing Account with a minimum deposit of $100 by May 30, 2019. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. The $50 Bonus deposit will be made to your Tangerine Chequing Account within thirty days of Account opening. This offer can’t be combined with other New Client cash Bonus offers.

For Joint Accounts, only the Primary Account Holder is eligible to receive the Bonus.

Bonus:

To receive the $150 Bonus for switching payroll (the “Payroll Bonus”), New Clients must:

never have received a Bonus related to switching their payroll direct deposits or pre-authorized payments to any Account at any time previously,

Have their first eligible payroll direct deposit received in their Tangerine Chequing Account within 90 days of successfully opening a Chequing Account and have their subsequent payroll direct deposits continue for 3 consecutive months or,

To receive the $150 Bonus for switching Pre-Authorized Payments (the “PAP Bonus”), New Clients must:

never have received a Bonus related to switching their payroll direct deposits or pre-authorized payments to any Account at any time previously,

b. have at least two (2) different eligible recurring pre-authorized payments of at least $50 each, for which the first withdrawals of each are successfully withdrawn from the Tangerine Chequing Account within 90 days of successfully opening a Chequing Account, and have their subsequent pre-authorized payments continue for 3 consecutive months.

The applicable $150 Bonus will be paid to the Client’s Tangerine Chequing Account in the subsequent month following the satisfaction of the conditions outlined above.

Qualifying Canadian Payment Association (CPA) Codes:

Deposits categorized under the Canadian Payment Association code as payroll, listed below, qualify for the Offer. In addition, pension, Employment Insurance, Old Age Security, Canadian Pension Plan, Workers Compensation, Parental Assistance and Income Security Benefit deposits qualify for the Offer.

CPA CODE CPA TYPE DESCRIPTION
200 Payroll Deposit
201 Special Payroll
202 Vacation Payroll
204 Advance Payroll
205 Commission Payroll
206 Bonus Payroll
207 Adjustment Payroll
230 Pension
231 Federal Pension
232 Provincial Pension
233 Private Pension
272 Retirement Income Fund
310 Canada Pension Plan
311 Old Age Security
313 Canadian Pension Commission
315 Public Service Superannuation
316 Canadian Forces Superannuation
318 Employment Insurance
603 Income Security Benefit
606 Workers' Compensation Board
612 Parental Insurance
Pre-Authorized Payment Eligibility:

Examples of common recurring pre-authorized payments are pre-authorized bill payments and loan or mortgage payments where you set up pre-authorized instructions with your mortgage, loan, credit card and/or other payee directly from your Tangerine Chequing Account.

Recurring or one-time fund transfers that you initiate to other Tangerine Accounts (ex. Credit Card or Savings Account), to accounts at other financial institutions, or to payment processing firms, are not eligible for the Offer.

Limitations:

Limit of one $50 Bonus and one $150 Bonus per person.

Payroll direct deposits and pre-authorized payments must be applied to a Tangerine Chequing Account to be eligible for this Offer or Bonus.

If the Bank is unable to run the Offer as planned for any reason, the Bank reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.

The Bank reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. In the event of conflict, these Terms and Conditions will prevail over any of the contents of any brochure or other promotional materials advertising this Offer.

The Bank reserves the right to withdraw the Offer in whole or in part, or to vary any of these Terms and Conditions at any time and from time to time without notice at its absolute discretion. The Bank reserves the right to end the Offer earlier or to extend the Offer Period further at its absolute discretion.

The Bank reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any Account holder it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the Offer.

This Offer may be suspended, modified or withdrawn at any time without notice.

You agree that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. Any notice offered by us with respect to this Offer is deemed to be provided on the day it is posted on our website.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9368 posts
4219 upvotes
Yes you can get referred and get extra bonus.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1211 posts
546 upvotes
Regina
What are the monthly fees for the account?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9368 posts
4219 upvotes
torpdude wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 3:12 pm
If you clicked to go check tangerine is free banking.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
May 19, 2015
959 posts
378 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
torpdude wrote:
No fees. It’s great I’ve been using it for the past 4 years
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4405 posts
75 upvotes
Markham/GTA
blazed16 wrote:
Yes you can get referred and get extra bonus.
You won't receive anything extra if you get referred (still the same $50 bonus), it's the person who referred you who would also receive a $50 bonus.
Tangerine, FreedomMobile, Koodo, GreatCanadianRebates, Ebates, Coinbase, Shakepay, Paytm, STACK
May 22, 2004
538 posts
91 upvotes
Montreal
scoper wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 2:59 pm
Recurring or one-time fund transfers that you initiate to other Tangerine Accounts (ex. Credit Card or Savings Account), to accounts at other financial institutions, or to payment processing firms, are not eligible for the Offer.
They're onto our shenanigans.
Dec 27, 2012
53 posts
8 upvotes
Barrie
I referred two friends got $50 each from them.
Sep 22, 2007
128 posts
27 upvotes
This is a good deal, like $200 free money just for opening a no fee chequing account. You can also get 3.0% opening a new savings account as well for 6 months.
[OP]
Nov 12, 2017
215 posts
127 upvotes
what easy transfers can we work with here?
And looking at the terms and conditions, it says three consecutive payments... can we stop after that?
For further questions or comments on my posts, feel free to PM me
Jul 24, 2014
7 posts
1 upvote
AB
yoshim wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 3:29 pm
You won't receive anything extra if you get referred (still the same $50 bonus), it's the person who referred you who would also receive a $50 bonus.
if I get referred, will I be able to get the $150 PAP bonus on top of the $50 bonus?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1735 posts
439 upvotes
Scarborough
pizzaguy7711 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 6:03 pm
if I get referred, will I be able to get the $150 PAP bonus on top of the $50 bonus?
yes
Koodo
Tangerine
PayTM
😉😉😉
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4405 posts
75 upvotes
Markham/GTA
pizzaguy7711 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 6:03 pm
Yes, I was referred and received my PAP bonus after the 3 months.
Tangerine, FreedomMobile, Koodo, GreatCanadianRebates, Ebates, Coinbase, Shakepay, Paytm, STACK
Jun 15, 2018
87 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Some people on /r/Orangekeys will pay you part of their share if you sign up with their code, might be worth looking into
Last edited by sirjimitron on Mar 25th, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.