Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine Chequing

YMMV $200 when you switch your everyday banking to your Tangerine Chequing Account (FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS WITH INSIGHT)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2021 2:31 pm
Jan 1, 2018
635 posts
840 upvotes
Thanks OP! My bonus was deposited this evening!

These bonuses from Coast Capital, CIBC, and Tangerine have been amazing!
Images
  • 94F60AB4-5547-4ABA-B4AE-DBDFD3D34959.png
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Oct 17, 2014
419 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CanJpnPhl wrote: They also said the same thing to me when I followed up on August 27th. LOL. They keep going in circles. I do hope we get our bonus by month end.
Got my bonus on August 30!
Jul 25, 2018
109 posts
174 upvotes
chardo wrote: Thanks OP! My bonus was deposited this evening!

These bonuses from Coast Capital, CIBC, and Tangerine have been amazing!
milanoL wrote: Got my bonus on August 30!
You guys are lucky. I haven't received anything yet. Chatted with an agent, and now he says that I should wait by September. What a joke! Looks like I would have to fight for this. Wish me luck! LOL! I hope I get a better and more competent agent next time that would escalate this issue.
Jan 1, 2018
635 posts
840 upvotes
CanJpnPhl wrote: You guys are lucky. I haven't received anything yet. Chatted with an agent, and now he says that I should wait by September. What a joke! Looks like I would have to fight for this. Wish me luck! LOL! I hope I get a better and more competent agent next time that would escalate this issue.
Don't give in quite yet. I had called customer service back in the earlier part of Aug and the rep said I wasn't eligible...since I knew he was talking nonsense, I gave the online customer service a shot and boom, she said I was eligible and would receive it at the end of the month.

Maybe you can try that as well . . . best of luck Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Jul 25, 2018
109 posts
174 upvotes
chardo wrote: Don't give in quite yet. I had called customer service back in the earlier part of Aug and the rep said I wasn't eligible...since I knew he was talking nonsense, I gave the online customer service a shot and boom, she said I was eligible and would receive it at the end of the month.

Maybe you can try that as well . . . best of luck Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Thanks. I've never bothered calling as the wait times are often long. I often use the chat feature. I've already talked to a lot of agents, and they all said that I qualify for the bonus based from my PADs. 3 agents I talked to before on separate dates said I will receive the bonus on August 27th, since my last PAD was July 27th. I followed up on August 27th, and 2 agents told me that I will receive it by month end (August 31st). I then followed up again today (since it's the month end), and the agent this time said I should wait by September! I even showed him this thread, and asked him why others received their bonuses yesterday, and I didn't. He totally avoided answering my question and insisted that I wait until September. Unbelievable!

I really wish that would be paired with a competent, knowledgeable, and well-trained agent the next time I chat with them. One that would follow-up and actually help me get my bonus. I've had better experiences with Simplii in getting these bonuses. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
CanJpnPhl wrote: Thanks. I've never bothered calling as the wait times are often long. I often use the chat feature. I've already talked to a lot of agents, and they all said that I qualify for the bonus based from my PADs. 3 agents I talked to before on separate dates said I will receive the bonus on August 27th, since my last PAD was July 27th. I followed up on August 27th, and 2 agents told me that I will receive it by month end (August 31st). I then followed up again today (since it's the month end), and the agent this time said I should wait by September! I even showed him this thread, and asked him why others received their bonuses yesterday, and I didn't. He totally avoided answering my question and insisted that I wait until September. Unbelievable!

I really wish that would be paired with a competent, knowledgeable, and well-trained agent the next time I chat with them. One that would follow-up and actually help me get my bonus. I've had better experiences with Simplii in getting these bonuses. :facepalm:
2nd rule of RFD is not to disclose RFD to customer service staff. Why share with the banks where we discuss ways to meet their criteria in the quickest and most efficient way. It will just lead to them making it more challenging in future promos
Jul 25, 2018
109 posts
174 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: 2nd rule of RFD is not to disclose RFD to customer service staff. Why share with the banks where we discuss ways to meet their criteria in the quickest and most efficient way. It will just lead to them making it more challenging in future promos
I'm pretty sure the banks are aware of this forum and are constantly checking in here from time to time. Otherwise, why are there sponsored posts like this:
td-sponsored-td-cash-back-visa-infinite ... y-2396182/

Anyway, I finally got a nice agent, and he said he will send a note to the Marketing Dept so that I will get my bonus in 10 business days! Fingers crossed this time!
Apr 16, 2015
8 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My 6th PAD was on July 27th. I chatted with an agent mid-August and she said the bonus would be deposited by end of August.

I spoke to an agent yesterday (August 31st) and she sent a note to the Marketing Dept to review. I finally received the bonus today (took a day since the call)! For those that are still waiting, I suggest getting the agent to send your file to Marketing Dept.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
how long do we need to keep the deposits/withdrawals going after we've received our payouts?
Or can we switch them out after the $200 deposit?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1388 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto
trixR4kids wrote: how long do we need to keep the deposits/withdrawals going after we've received our payouts?
Or can we switch them out after the $200 deposit?
Don't see why you can't switch it out once you get paid.
R.I.P. Prodigy
Oct 12, 2005
904 posts
819 upvotes
Vancouver
bau082 wrote: My 6th PAD was on July 27th. I chatted with an agent mid-August and she said the bonus would be deposited by end of August.

I spoke to an agent yesterday (August 31st) and she sent a note to the Marketing Dept to review. I finally received the bonus today (took a day since the call)! For those that are still waiting, I suggest getting the agent to send your file to Marketing Dept.
Did just that this afternoon and got the bonus four hours later! Thanks for the tip.
May 8, 2013
684 posts
626 upvotes
London
Got my bonus 200 today.

Had to call and make sure it was in the works. 2 days later got it.

This was after calling in mid July to find out my ccB and cerb didn't count. Switched payroll with first dep on the 29 July and then subsequent weeks til Oct .
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6833 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Data point:

I opted into this promotion in Sept 2020 and met all requirements by end of Dec 2020.

No deposit as of March 2021 so I live chatted and agent, it was forwared to "marketing" and I had me deposit automatically within a few hours. No idea why it was delayed.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)