Hot Deals

[Tangerine] Earn $200 when you switch to a no-fee daily Chequing Account (Code not stackable with other offers)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2020 6:45 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
289 posts
281 upvotes
Mississauga

[Tangerine] Earn $200 when you switch to a no-fee daily Chequing Account (Code not stackable with other offers)

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
February 27, 2020
Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
Mod Edit: To prevent this thread from getting locked, do not ask for or offer referrals.

Was waiting for this and noticed it on their website.
Steps listed below...

Here’s how it works:
Become a new Client using the Orange Key “NEWYEAR” and open your first no-fee daily Chequing Account by February 27, 2020 with a minimum initial deposit of $250 and you can earn $200* when you set up either of the following recurring transactions in your new Account:

Have your eligible payroll direct deposits deposited into your Tangerine Chequing Account within 60 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $200 will be paid after the first 3 consecutive months of payroll direct deposits.

Or

Set up 2 eligible recurring pre-authorized payments of at least $50 each with the first withdrawal for each occurring within 60 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $200 will be paid after the first 3 consecutive months of both

Please note: As far as we know at this time, orange codes are not stackable. You can either use this NEW YEAR code or someone's referral code, but not both!
Last edited by Gangsta101 on Jan 4th, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Every now and then Tangerine has these offers where they pay you for opening an account. Generally there are 2 types of offers from Tangerine

A.) $200 payout from Tangerine which has 4 Requirements.
1. Open an eligible Chequing or Savings account with Tangerine (you should have no other products with them)
2. During the account opening process, you use the current orange code "NEW YEAR".
3. You make an initial deposit of at least $250 dollars (I don't think you need to maintain this balance for the 3 months offer duration, but i am not certain of this, i will update this part when i have more info).
4. Setup an eligible recurrent preauthorized deposit (e.g payroll) or 2 preauthorized debits of at least $50 dollars each (Phone bill? Car insurance?)
After 3 months you get the $200 payout from Tangerine.

B.) A variable $50 or $100 payout when you use someone's referral code (The recent $100 referral offer expired on January 10, 2020, This has 3 Requirements.
1. Open an eligible Chequing or Savings account with Tangerine (you should have no other products with them)
2. During the account opening process, you use the current orange code provided to you by the referrer.
3. You make an initial deposit of at least $250 dollars.
after 60 days of fulfilling the criteria, you get the payout from Tangerine and the referrer also gets the same amount.

This Thread is only about the first offer, but I am referencing the second offer because there appears to be some confusion about these codes

Please be aware that if you applied for a product with Tangerine in the last 5 - 7 years, you most likely are not eligible for this offer.
177 replies
[OP]
Nov 30, 2016
289 posts
281 upvotes
Mississauga
I didn't want to add my question in the OP so I'll post it here. My wife wants to switch to tangerine to take advantage of their free interac transfers. Right now she's on maternity leave and to qualify for the 200 we are thinking of setting up tangerine as the direct deposit option for her Service Canada cheques.
However we were wondering if it's possible to leave her TD account for the Child care tax benefits payments.
Banned
Jan 1, 2020
39 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
They still have the refer a friend for $100 each on until Jan 10. No requirement for payroll or pre-authorized payments for that one.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1198 posts
753 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow was it ever a bad time for me to open up a Tangerine account. Opened one a few days prior to their refer a friend $100 promo. They denied me stating the promo wasn't active at the time so they won't honour it and now this happens.
Sep 14, 2019
25 posts
14 upvotes
have a Tangerine MasterCard, do I qualify for this $200 if I open a chequing account?
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
9522 posts
3415 upvotes
Cumulative918 wrote: have a Tangerine MasterCard, do I qualify for this $200 if I open a chequing account?
Strongly doubt it ...

Cuz refer a friend promo (100 dollars each) ... I was going to get my mother signed up, referring her ... She is not a client of Tangerine ... She only has a supplementary MasterCard with them (I am Primary masterCard account holder ... and gave my mother supplementary one, few years back).

But they told me ... that she would not qualify for chequing or any other new account promo (ever!) ... cuz by having supplementary card even (never mind primary one basically) ... there is a profile for her there ... and she can not be considered a new client .. ever.

Pathetic :(
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
9522 posts
3415 upvotes
moosepasture wrote: They still have the refer a friend for $100 each on until Jan 10. No requirement for payroll or pre-authorized payments for that one.
Ya ... I referred my wife for this promotion (she never (ever, lol) had anything with Tangerine ... and it seem more easier than the promo in op ... as you mentioned there is no need for neither payroll nor pre-authorized payments.
Dec 25, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Become a New Client by January 10, 2020 using a valid Refer a Friend Orange Key, - saw this in referral offer Tnc.

Does multiple orange key is acceptable, I meant 'new year' and referral code
Apr 12, 2013
157 posts
67 upvotes
Have been with Tangerine for a while. No complaints so far and they did update and make interac e-transfers free recently.

Have not had to call in to customer support so no idea how those experiences go.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30433 posts
1459 upvotes
Fernando Po
No fee chequing account until they they aren't and they don't tell you.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1122 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Would this work for Busienss 'spending' account?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
3266 posts
1301 upvotes
Toronto
Does applying tangerine chequing cause a hard credit check?
Jul 5, 2004
24392 posts
3848 upvotes
moosepasture wrote: They still have the refer a friend for $100 each on until Jan 10. No requirement for payroll or pre-authorized payments for that one.
Can you take advantage of both?
Jul 5, 2004
24392 posts
3848 upvotes
I only see $50 for referrals, not $100

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 3 guests)

vencc, cebowler, aidendanger