Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Earn $200 when you switch to a no-fee daily Chequing Account (Code not stackable with other offers)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2020 9:00 pm
Jun 13, 2019
870 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
GabbyWC wrote: I became a Tangerine client today after finding out about their promotional 2.80% tax-free savings account interest rate so I signed up for that online. At the time, I did not know about the $200 'FREE' promo code that could be used with a chequing account, however, so I entered nothing for the orange key. Am I out of luck here or has anyone managed to get a promo code applied manually after becoming a new client?
I think this can be done. You need to call/contact CSR and explain your case. They can apply the code as long as you have opened the account within the prescribed dates.
Mar 31, 2010
404 posts
250 upvotes
Reporting just received bonus today. Signed up back in mid-January
Nov 26, 2015
79 posts
54 upvotes
Are the pre-authorized payments set through Tangerine's website or the payee's website? I would like to do my Shaw cable bill and my credit card. My phone bill isn't enough.
Oct 8, 2006
616 posts
407 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
MEANTIME wrote: Are the pre-authorized payments set through Tangerine's website or the payee's website? I would like to do my Shaw cable bill and my credit card. My phone bill isn't enough.
You would do through payees website... Shaw is very simple and u do it all online.....just need tangerine checking acct number,transit and institution number.. go to your checking account and click on print void cheque to get info... your cc company will likely be similar
Apr 15, 2019
87 posts
29 upvotes
BaptisteD81634 wrote: received the prime 2 days ago as well.
I had forgot about it
Is the credit received after 3 months of joining?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
sandeepb wrote: Is the credit received after 3 months of joining?
Yes. Received mine last month
Aug 5, 2013
289 posts
479 upvotes
Just received mine.

I had to contact them through chat though. The rep tried to convince me that I needed to leave the deposited $250.00 in the account for two months. I counted with the actual orange key NEWYEAR offer (pasted from this forum) and stood my ground. Going nowhere, I asked for their supervisor, the supervisor stated they were backlogged due to covid-19 and that he would put in a request to the marketing department that handles the offer. Not even 24 hours later I have my $200.00 !
Dec 22, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
Did you contact them yesterday? I have similar issue. After fulfilling all conditions, i called them yesterday but they told i can't get it as i got promotional interest rate on TFSA account. Then i called today and they told me yes, i am eligible and they will forward my request to marketing department and they will pay me $200 in 10 business days.
Aug 5, 2013
289 posts
479 upvotes
RagDhar wrote: Did you contact them yesterday? I have similar issue. After fulfilling all conditions, i called them yesterday but they told i can't get it as i got promotional interest rate on TFSA account. Then i called today and they told me yes, i am eligible and they will forward my request to marketing department and they will pay me $200 in 10 business days.
I had to be really persistent just like you. After they told me there were forwarding to the marketing department, I received the payout within the day.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8946 posts
1503 upvotes
TO
My family tried twice going to Canada Post to verify and get times issues verifying. Sigh. I wonder if tangerine will still honor this in a month or two ( they've completed the bonus part terms) but only thing is verifying identify
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)