Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Earn $200 when you switch to a no-fee daily Chequing Account (Code not stackable with other offers)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2020 9:00 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
Gangsta101 wrote: Mod Edit: To prevent this thread from getting locked, do not ask for or offer referrals.

Was waiting for this and noticed it on their website.
Steps listed below...

Here’s how it works:
Become a new Client using the Orange Key “NEWYEAR” and open your first no-fee daily Chequing Account by February 27, 2020 with a minimum initial deposit of $250 and you can earn $200* when you set up either of the following recurring transactions in your new Account:

Have your eligible payroll direct deposits deposited into your Tangerine Chequing Account within 60 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $200 will be paid after the first 3 consecutive months of payroll direct deposits.

Or

Set up 2 eligible recurring pre-authorized payments of at least $50 each with the first withdrawal for each occurring within 60 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $200 will be paid after the first 3 consecutive months of both

Please note: As far as we know at this time, orange codes are not stackable. You can either use this NEW YEAR code or someone's referral code, but not both!
Is payroll Over $250 enough or still need to deposit $250 from my RBC account? Thanks
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Feb 6, 2019
48 posts
21 upvotes
I’m considering making the jump to Tangerine as I am currently with Scotiabank for all my banking. I don’t have any experience with strict online banking though and although the promotions are enticing short term can anyone comment on the long term benefits of banking with Tangerine? Any other specific reasons to switch? Thanks in advance!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
Now I can't be certain of this, but as long as the first payroll deposit is greater than $250 you should meet the conditions.
Mar 25, 2019
221 posts
147 upvotes
Whats the best way to get preauthorized withdrawls? Can i use payTM to do scheduled transactions?
Jun 13, 2019
866 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
jureddee wrote: Hi folks, I just opened the chq acct (new customer) and hooked my payroll account. Do I still need to make $250 deposit on the top of my payroll deposit or one payroll deposit is okay as long as it is more than $250??
ukrainiandude wrote: Is payroll Over $250 enough or still need to deposit $250 from my RBC account? Thanks
What's the harm in depositing just $250 in addition to regular direct deposit.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
I don’t like how tangerine online banking works with Safari browsers. It doesn’t allow to remember the password and pin in the browser.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1164 posts
337 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just to double check. If I send an interact etransfer of $250 or more from my old bank account to the tangerine one, that counts as an initial deposit right? Now all I need is or the second condition to clear and keep the minimum $259 balance?
Jun 13, 2019
866 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
leonheartx wrote: Just to double check. If I send an interact etransfer of $250 or more from my old bank account to the tangerine one, that counts as an initial deposit right? Now all I need is or the second condition to clear and keep the minimum $259 balance?
Yes that's what I did. Etransfered $251 from my other account to Tangerine right after opening the account..
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
Is it possible to to close account immediately after getting $200 ? No penalties?

Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18602 posts
5434 upvotes
Scarberia
how do u setup the two recurring PADs, is it like the RBC ipad offer where u initiate the pads from the tangerine end or from the other banks end im confused lol, does the PADs have to under my name or my moms name? tia

i want to open a tang account under my moms name but pay the two bills under my name
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1653 posts
5450 upvotes
can you get this promo if you only have a credit card with tangerine?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
phoreoneone wrote: can you get this promo if you only have a credit card with tangerine?
Apparently not

Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1081 posts
411 upvotes
Windsor, ON
So apparently they retain your profile and SIN for 7 years making this impossible to churn...
Apr 13, 2016
541 posts
353 upvotes
there was a hard inquiry by Tangerine on my TU profile

is this normal?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
mmikeman wrote: So apparently they retain your profile and SIN for 7 years making this impossible to churn...
I will add this info to the summary so folks can know what to expect.
redflag0 wrote: there was a hard inquiry by Tangerine on my TU profile

is this normal?
i just checked my Transunion profile via RBC and saw no recent inquiry. My credit score has been more or less constant for the last few months
Dec 25, 2015
530 posts
329 upvotes
Canada
Looking for an extra pre authorized transaction. Anyone have an idea of what to use? I don't have an extra one. My Mastercard is tied up for the Meridian promo...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
wolfs004 wrote: Looking for an extra pre authorized transaction. Anyone have an idea of what to use? I don't have an extra one. My Mastercard is tied up for the Meridian promo...
I ended up going with payroll deposit. i went up to the payroll admin and had them split my paycheck. It was much easier than moving my payments around
Dec 25, 2015
530 posts
329 upvotes
Canada
Just got my Meridian payday. Looks like I can remove my PAD to Tangerine and get the promo.

Ill have to tell my phone carrier to increase my bill by $11 for 3 months, lol net result will be +200 - 11x3 = still 167 of profit. not bad for 1-2 hours of work.

now just need to get my ID verified by Canada post lol
Dec 25, 2015
530 posts
329 upvotes
Canada
I used the promo code NEW YEAR but my tang account doesn't show it as a bonus code. Do I just assume good faith on Tangerine that they will fulfill ? Shuold I call them to ask if the promo is active on my account?

Don't want to do a bunch of work and not get the $200 after all.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1771 posts
2072 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
barto wrote: I tried applying for the Tangerine credit card a couple of weeks ago and got a rejection (surprising - never been turned down for a credit card before). Now when I try to apply for the chequing account (never had any Tangerine connections EVER), I get a message about there being a problem with my SIN... I used the same SIN on Borrowwell to check my credit score ("Good") and report. I did try phoning the 888 number given for Tangerine but was on hold for quite a while so I gave up.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Not quite sure where things went wrong here... I thought maybe if I opened the chequing account I would then get approved for the credit card (looking at the 4% cashback for the first few months). Appreciate any advice - thanks!
I saw your post and they actually said the same thing to me. I wanted to increase my credit limit so I called them about it. They said there was a problem with my SIN, to which I asked what that means. According to them, I gotta check with TransUnion, but that doesn't really make sense. Either way, I couldn't get my credit limit bumped and according to my credit monitoring service, my credit is fine. Who knows.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!