Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Earn $200 when you switch to a no-fee daily Chequing Account (Code not stackable with other offers)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2020 9:00 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1772 posts
2072 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
phoreoneone wrote: can you get this promo if you only have a credit card with tangerine?
You can't. According to them, you want have your name in the system. The reason I know this is cuz I'm in the same boat as you. Haha
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
Another reason to switch to T...
Just saw that my Pay was deposited in today. TD shows my deposits on friday.
... If that sort of thing matters to you
Apr 13, 2016
541 posts
353 upvotes
I can confirm that Tangerine will do a hard pull/credit check on your TU profile

Its happened to two people that I referred as well and I called and asked Tangerine they said that was to be expected
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
redflag0 wrote: I can confirm that Tangerine will do a hard pull/credit check on your TU profile

Its happened to two people that I referred as well and I called and asked Tangerine they said that was to be expected
Very odd thing to do if I only gonna open chequing account.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Mar 25, 2019
221 posts
147 upvotes
Heads up i called Tangerine and they said they dont count PayTM as a PAD for these promos. Can anyone confirm that they have received the promo while paying a bill via PayTM?
Jun 13, 2019
866 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
wolfs004 wrote: I used the promo code NEW YEAR but my tang account doesn't show it as a bonus code. Do I just assume good faith on Tangerine that they will fulfill ? Shuold I call them to ask if the promo is active on my account?

Don't want to do a bunch of work and not get the $200 after all.
where do you see the code used?
Aug 24, 2015
163 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Also happened to me I don't see anywhere this promo being added. Its only been 10 minutes.. I'll give a few days.. also did says I can't link my bank account for a 2 days.. regarding initial deposit is there some kinda time requirement on inital deposit ?
Nov 24, 2019
434 posts
516 upvotes
Saskatoon
Interesting, I've been looking at Tangerine as an option to replace Scotiabank for a while now, this seems like an easy way to try them out and gain $200. Pretty sure I can have my payroll split to 2 accounts so this should be relatively easy to do, wonder if there's a minimum on the payroll amount?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
just ensure your first deposit is greater than $250. They did not specify how much minimum monthly deposits are required.
Dec 25, 2015
530 posts
329 upvotes
Canada
Weird. I didn't have any hard checks on my credit. Either way it they did, it would take off a couple points off your score. Does this translate into anything?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
Gangsta101 wrote: just ensure your first deposit is greater than $250. They did not specify how much minimum monthly deposits are required.
If I understand correctly it doesn’t have to be $251 it can be $250
Because my first deposit is $250
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Nov 6, 2014
93 posts
30 upvotes
KMoney193 wrote: Heads up i called Tangerine and they said they dont count PayTM as a PAD for these promos. Can anyone confirm that they have received the promo while paying a bill via PayTM?
I'm intereseted to know as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2375 posts
2537 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Seems like the best offer so far
Highest bonus was like $150 in the past
Jun 27, 2012
244 posts
157 upvotes
Do you have to keep your account balance >$250? I deposited $255 but I'd rather put that towards the CC bill
Aug 6, 2019
7 posts
11 upvotes
would Wealthsimple contributions be considered PADs for this promo?
Nov 24, 2019
434 posts
516 upvotes
Saskatoon
So I've got my Tangerine account created and linked to my Scotia account, and transferred over $300 for the promo. Did that last Wednesday and its still showing the amount as on hold. Not a big deal right now but 5 business day holds between my 2 bank accounts could get kind of annoying. I'm curious, can I etransfer myself to move money more instantly and avoid the hold time? I've got free unlimited etransfers on both accounts so if that works it'd be a lot quicker I'm guessing?
Feb 6, 2019
48 posts
21 upvotes
SaskCanesFan wrote: So I've got my Tangerine account created and linked to my Scotia account, and transferred over $300 for the promo. Did that last Wednesday and its still showing the amount as on hold. Not a big deal right now but 5 business day holds between my 2 bank accounts could get kind of annoying. I'm curious, can I etransfer myself to move money more instantly and avoid the hold time? I've got free unlimited etransfers on both accounts so if that works it'd be a lot quicker I'm guessing?
Just opened one as well and that’s what I have done. Etransfers usually within 30mins no problem
Dec 3, 2009
249 posts
65 upvotes
Burlington
Hi planning to switch from TD.
If we do joint account account does anyone know if we both have to go to post office.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2960 posts
72 upvotes
Home
New code is "FREE"
Become a new Client using the Orange Key “FREE” and open your first no-fee daily Chequing Account by April 30, 2020 with a minimum initial deposit of $250 and you can earn $200* when you set up either of the following recurring transactions in your new Account:

Have your eligible payroll direct deposits deposited into your Tangerine Chequing Account within 60 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $200 will be paid after the first 3 consecutive months of payroll direct deposits.
Or
Set up 2 eligible recurring pre-authorized payments of at least $50 each with the first withdrawal for each occurring within 60 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $200 will be paid after the first 3 consecutive months of both recurring pre-authorized payment withdrawals.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|