Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Earn $200 when you switch to a no-fee daily Chequing Account (Code not stackable with other offers)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2020 9:00 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
Gangsta101 wrote: Just to let you all know that I got an email notifying me that the $200 has been deposited into my account. My wife got the same earlier today.
Easy $200 in the end.
Do you know if we have to keep minimum amount on the account during certain time, to keep good standing?
I got my bonus today as well.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
ukrainiandude wrote: Do you know if we have to keep minimum amount on the account during certain time, to keep good standing?
Sorry I don't know, but I don't think so. They never actually said so in the promo listing unlike previous promos. But I don't know this for a fact since I never touched the money after depositing
Jun 13, 2019
868 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto
ukrainiandude wrote: Do you know if we have to keep minimum amount on the account during certain time, to keep good standing?
Nope, it was not required at all. Although I kept the initial $250 for a while, now moved it to saving along with bonus... :)
Jan 20, 2019
53 posts
12 upvotes
BC
If I refer my friend, can he still get the $200 bonus in addition to the $50 referral bonus? Or does he only get the $50 referral bonus and no $200?

Edit: I'm reading some comments that you need to maintain a minimum cash balance of $250 the entire time? Can anyone confirm?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
givemecheapstuffs wrote: If I refer my friend, can he still get the $200 bonus in addition to the $50 referral bonus? Or does he only get the $50 referral bonus and no $200?

Edit: I'm reading some comments that you need to maintain a minimum cash balance of $250 the entire time? Can anyone confirm?
If your friend uses your referral code, he gets 50, you get 50.
If he uses the new year code (and meets the other conditions), he gets 200 (you get nothing, but that should go without saying).
I don't understand why folks are fixed on the $250 dollars, the fine print says your INITIAL DEPOSIT must be a minimum of $250. Nowhere else does it say this has to be maintained, unless something else has changed recently. If you are not able to maintain a balance above $250, I'd take a screenshot of the offer page from tangerine and save it incase they do not honor the deal.
Jul 7, 2018
143 posts
116 upvotes
GTA
Just reporting back, I've received my $200 bonus doing the PAD promo. It seems like funding wealthsimple account also counts towards the promo.
Dec 2, 2014
405 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shit. Was $250 deposit a requirement to get the bonus? I've had 3 payrolls come in since and no bonus...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
atomee wrote: Shit. Was $250 deposit a requirement to get the bonus? I've had 3 payrolls come in since and no bonus...
Yes it was, the initial deposit must be at least 250. Was your first payroll deposit greater than 250?
Jun 15, 2015
131 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I was wondering if my city don't have Tangerine bank, can I get this offer?
Apr 14, 2011
120 posts
52 upvotes
New Brunswick
wildmen wrote: I was wondering if my city don't have Tangerine bank, can I get this offer?
Absolutely.

Tangerine, a subsidiary of Scotiabank, is based online. They only have a few physical locations called cafés.
Dec 2, 2014
405 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gangsta101 wrote: Yes it was, the initial deposit must be at least 250. Was your first payroll deposit greater than 250?
First deposit as in I needed to deposit $250 when I opened the account? Or payroll deposit exceeding $250?

If its the latter, then yeah it was over $250. Had 3 more payroll deposits since but no bonus yet
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1480 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
atomee wrote: First deposit as in I needed to deposit $250 when I opened the account? Or payroll deposit exceeding $250?

If its the latter, then yeah it was over $250. Had 3 more payroll deposits since but no bonus yet
The initial deposit was to be $250 or greater.

Here’s how it works:
Become a new Client using the Orange Key “FREE” and open your first no-fee daily Chequing Account by April 30, 2020 with a minimum initial deposit of $250 and you can earn $200* when you set up either of the following recurring transactions in your new Account:

Have your eligible payroll direct deposits deposited into your Tangerine Chequing Account within 60 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $200 will be paid after the first 3 consecutive months of payroll direct deposits.

Or

Set up 2 eligible recurring pre-authorized payments of at least $50 each with the first withdrawal for each occurring within 60 days of successfully opening your Account. Your $200 will be paid after the first 3 consecutive months of both recurring pre-authorized payment withdrawals.
Nov 24, 2019
434 posts
516 upvotes
Saskatoon
Anybody else get random $1 bonus deposits from Tangerine? I got one last night and another this morning, but I have no idea why.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
atomee wrote: First deposit as in I needed to deposit $250 when I opened the account? Or payroll deposit exceeding $250?

As long as the first funds that flows into the account is equal to or greater then $250, then you are fine. My wife's first deposit was her payment from EI, and she got the $200 a couple of weeks or so back. I would reach out if you think the 3 months period has passed since you met all the conditions.
Aug 14, 2019
88 posts
125 upvotes
If I am currently a Tangerine client with only a savings account, can I qualify for their current $200 chequing offer? Or do they only want brand new Tangerine clients
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1480 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
sleepysalmon wrote: If I am currently a Tangerine client with only a savings account, can I qualify for their current $200 chequing offer? Or do they only want brand new Tangerine clients

The first line of the instructions says "become a new client" so think being a current customer rules you out. I also believe that previous customers tried to return and were ineligible.

Someone in your family could though if that helps!
Aug 14, 2019
88 posts
125 upvotes
aidendanger wrote: The first line of the instructions says "become a new client" so think being a current customer rules you out. I also believe that previous customers tried to return and were ineligible.
Thanks, just wanted to double-check. A few years ago my spouse was also a Savings Acct only Tangerine client and qualified for a chequing bonus offer two years later but their eligibility requirements are probably stricter now.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1104 posts
850 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
I became a Tangerine client today after finding out about their promotional 2.80% tax-free savings account interest rate so I signed up for that online. At the time, I did not know about the $200 'FREE' promo code that could be used with a chequing account, however, so I entered nothing for the orange key. Am I out of luck here or has anyone managed to get a promo code applied manually after becoming a new client?
Feb 6, 2019
48 posts
21 upvotes
Reporting back that I received the $200 promo the other day

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)