Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Get cozy with a $250 Bonus + 2% back on 3 categories (for new Mastercard applications)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 4:51 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1554 posts
948 upvotes
Hamilton
Messerschmitt wrote: So if no Tangerine credit card, one is eligible? (I have their chequing, savings)
YES, you would see the offer when you login to your account online under products/credit cards for both CC (CB and World). I tested to proceed and offer was still there. They will check your credit score regardless of your credit history (I was pre-approved for 25K but automatic online application will check your credit hence expect a few points short term dent)
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1068 posts
1205 upvotes
stimy wrote: Find a Mrs2711. . How to not spend $5000 a month becomes the question.
Already have mrs2711 and she is more frugal then I am. Lol.
😎
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2865 posts
207 upvotes
mr2711 wrote: How do you guys plan to spend $5000 in 3 months?
Trips? For everyday use, there's gas, grocery, restaurants, etc. A person has to eat even if nothing else. If you purchase clothing there's season clearances for winter items. Household items, cellphones and accessories, travel either public or private (buses, cars, rentals, etc). If you use a credit card and all the items are consolidated, you'll be surprised how much you end up spending.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2216 posts
1772 upvotes
Surrey
ukrainiandude wrote: What is the best way to spend money? I normally get gas and groceries from Costco.
check out ebates.ca gift card shop. I usually load up on Real Canadian Superstore gift cards (since we shop there) to fill any gaps in my CC spending
May 8, 2012
414 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
In my experience, this is the hardest card to get approved for for some reason.
Feb 1, 2014
32 posts
23 upvotes
Burnaby
mr2711 wrote: How do you guys plan to spend $5000 in 3 months?
Look into manufactured spending. At the most basic level, you can buy gift cards at grocery stores/gas stations, that way you can earn at least 2% extra at stores you already shop at.
Dec 30, 2010
74 posts
103 upvotes
North York
some insurance company allow to pay with credit card annually
Oct 24, 2009
984 posts
1376 upvotes
Vancouver
If anyone is into churning game, this promo is just meh.. 5%+ extra return in churning is not that great. If your credit scoring isn't that great, this would be good one to start and build though.
Feb 2, 2007
981 posts
916 upvotes
GTA
HamsiBrain wrote: YES, you would see the offer when you login to your account online under products/credit cards for both CC (CB and World). I tested to proceed and offer was still there. They will check your credit score regardless of your credit history (I was pre-approved for 25K but automatic online application will check your credit hence expect a few points short term dent)
Unfortunately, it does not seem to work when you have a secondary card for somebody else's Tangerine credit card account (i.e., you're an authorized user, but you have no Tangerine credit card account in your name).
Tangerine wrote:For this type of Account, you already have the maximum number of Accounts. Other available Account types are listed below.
Sep 5, 2014
99 posts
153 upvotes
calgary
nunoicx wrote: some insurance company allow to pay with credit card annually
Insurance premium is not eligible according to the terms and conditions
Apr 25, 2019
629 posts
1114 upvotes
Thank goodness I signed up and activated before this deal, I got 4% cashback on the 3 chosen categories for 3 months.......
Public Mobile 5GB $29
Samsung Galaxy A53 owner.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1926 posts
1471 upvotes
LeifS39303 wrote: Thank goodness I signed up and activated before this deal, I got 4% cashback on the 3 chosen categories for 3 months.......

This is 5% on ANY category as long as you hit 5k spending.
Aug 21, 2011
432 posts
235 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: This is 5% on ANY category as long as you hit 5k spending.
Also you get 0.5-2% cashback on top of that 250 bonus @ $5000 ( 25-100$)
Oct 26, 2012
7 posts
2 upvotes
RICHMOND
Applied on Jan 31st with special offer 4% cashback for 3 months. Then saw this new offer $250 cashback on Feb 1st and finally got to speak to a rep today but was told that I would not qualify for either special offers because I have a supplementary card from my spouse, which makes me an existing customer to Tangerine and both offers only apply to brand new customers only! Very disappointing....got excited for nothing Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2991 posts
2283 upvotes
PayTM falls in any of the categories?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Dec 24, 2018
681 posts
716 upvotes
Canada
What a shame, I just upgraded and they didn’t give me anything. Might as well cancel and move to scotia
Jun 18, 2011
337 posts
225 upvotes
TORONTO
djredhat wrote: PayTM falls in any of the categories?
Wondering the same thing. Also is it a different category if paying a hydro bill with PayTM vs a property tax bill with PayTM?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
TD and CIBC recently had credit card offers, 10% cash back up to 2000 spend on anything.
Tangerine is super greedy as always with only 5% cash back.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2576 posts
2420 upvotes
Montreal, QC
sleakfleek wrote: Is this for existing customers as well ?
“is only available to new Tangerine Credit Card Account holders who apply between February 1, 2020 and March 31, 2020”
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1926 posts
1471 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote: TD and CIBC recently had credit card offers, 10% cash back up to 2000 spend on anything.
Tangerine is super greedy as always with only 5% cash back.
Those cards you are referring to with 10% cashback sign up offers are premium cards with >$100 in annual fees although I know they do offer first year free along with these promos from time to time.

IMO, you can't compare these no fee credit cards to the premium cards in terms of the offers/incentives they offer for signing up