Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Get cozy with a $250 Bonus + 2% back on 3 categories (for new Mastercard applications)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 4:51 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1087 posts
630 upvotes
Looks like GCR is now offering a $75 rebate on these cards until March 30.

When I log into Tangerine, I also have a personalized 'pre-approval' offer for an extra 15% cash back on $2000 spending in the first 3 months (max $300 cash back). Unfortunately I don't think the offers are stackable.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1182 posts
354 upvotes
Has anyone successfully gotten a sign up bonus on this card after they were an authorized user on another person's Tangerine card? I have one and had added my husband to mine, not realizing this offer would come up.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2213 posts
1771 upvotes
Surrey
JUnit wrote: Looks like GCR is now offering a $75 rebate on these cards until March 30.

When I log into Tangerine, I also have a personalized 'pre-approval' offer for an extra 15% cash back on $2000 spending in the first 3 months (max $300 cash back). Unfortunately I don't think the offers are stackable.
They are stackable. Go thru the GCR link and then login to your preapproval offer in tangerine
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1926 posts
1471 upvotes
JUnit wrote: Looks like GCR is now offering a $75 rebate on these cards until March 30.

ffonly wrote: They are stackable. Go thru the GCR link and then login to your preapproval offer in tangerine
I believe the 'pre-approval' from Tangerine doesn't really mean much . You would still get a hard credit hit and your not guaranteed to be approved for the card despite getting the preapproval offer.

Is it confirmed to be stackable with GCR etc?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1087 posts
630 upvotes
ffonly wrote: They are stackable. Go thru the GCR link and then login to your preapproval offer in tangerine
Thanks, I will give that a try. Would be funny if I could also get the $250 bonus with $5000 spend.
Jan 3, 2017
24 posts
12 upvotes
get $75 e-gift card as well through https://www.ratesupermarket.ca
Should apply for the world mastercard instead, it has extra benefits on top of money back card. And no annual fee.
Personally I fell spending 5K in 3 months is too much. Other deals are spending 2K in 3 months normally..
Last edited by oneofjay on Mar 4th, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1087 posts
630 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: I believe the 'pre-approval' from Tangerine doesn't really mean much . You would still get a hard credit hit and your not guaranteed to be approved for the card despite getting the preapproval offer.
I've read that as well; hopefully I will get approved despite some recent credit hits and new cards as I've already been enticed by a few sign-up offers this year. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1926 posts
1471 upvotes
JUnit wrote: Thanks, I will give that a try. Would be funny if I could also get the $250 bonus with $5000 spend.
How would you be able to tell unless you spend the full $5k first though. Are Tangerine reps able to view and confirm what promos apply to the credit card before you actually receive the cashback etc?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5698 upvotes
So .. question:

To summarize all the 3rd party deals for opening this credit card account?

-- GCR - $55?
-- Rates supermaket - $75?

I think Google yesterday showed me some "Greedy Rates" 3rd party -- who gives $75 Amazon card

I think Swagbucks give you 80,000 SB or 75,000 SB (i forgot now).

Anyone else? ... is above info / figures are accurate?

Or .. which 3rd party is the best to go with / through?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5698 upvotes
My mother participated in this promo ... yesterday ... through Swagbucks ....

Got instantly approved etc .... and Swagbucks offer is 7,500 SB ... --- That's like $100 nowadays.

Hopefully she gets it ... Swabucks t & c state, it can take 45 days to receive those SB.

She also opened Tangerine Savings account 2 days ago ... also through Swagbucks ... supposed to be 2000 SB from them ... with successful account opening.

2250 SB is like $30 nowadays at Swagbucks ... so 2000 SB = to something like $27 more likely.

I referred my mother to TING by the way ... and if we successfully get $50 each from that referral ... I have a good case to turn those $50 each into $100 each ... as Tangerine informed my mother back last year, during "double $$$ for referral" ... that she is not eligible.
So she didn't open up the account back then.
But there is a good chance they were wrong in my mother's case ... I spoke to Supervisor yesterday ...
So we'll see how this plays out ....

Any promo around to open Tangerine Chequing account? ... not as a new Tangerine client ... but just some GCR promo or such? ( I haven't check GCR or around the net yet ... just asking here simply ). :)
Sep 1, 2015
48 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary, AB
i
GPS wrote: It counts as recurring payment if you have them debit your card annually. It worked for me for insurance, licencing dues and CAA membership so far and I got the 4% cashback.
Can you please clarify what you meant by debt to credit card?. If I make a lump sum payment of annual car insurance it would count? Thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1182 posts
354 upvotes
jureddee wrote: i

Can you please clarify what you meant by debt to credit card?. If I make a lump sum payment of annual car insurance it would count? Thank you.
The company has to pull the charge, usually with your preauthorization. If you fill a form to put in your CC or you give them the number for a one time charge, it will just be a normal charge. It has to be them pulling from an ongoing agreement.
Sep 1, 2015
48 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thank you GPS. I will make a lump sum annual premium payment and hope it works.
Banned
Aug 2, 2015
321 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto
Finished spending $5K on May 6th. Has anyone received $250 yet? wondering how long it's going to take..
Jan 8, 2009
833 posts
1015 upvotes
ysg103907 wrote: Finished spending $5K on May 6th. Has anyone received $250 yet? wondering how long it's going to take..
I am still waiting for mine. Anyone got their $250 yet?
Banned
Aug 2, 2015
321 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto
PTMBAA wrote: I am still waiting for mine. Anyone got their $250 yet?
I reached out and was told that it's going to take 1-2 statements
Jan 8, 2009
833 posts
1015 upvotes
ysg103907 wrote: I reached out and was told that it's going to take 1-2 statements
Standard canned response....
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4881 posts
1885 upvotes
Winnipeg
Applied Feb 24
Activated March 5
Completed $5000 spend by April 9th
4 Statements (on the 17th) including today.

No $250 bonus yet.

Guess it will come by July 17th statement. (The 1-2 statements AFTER 92 days since activation...)
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4799 posts
4494 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I hope it won't be as bad as Scotiabank's promos. It's almost impossible to make them honour it.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5698 upvotes
My mother called in today ... for her $250 for her promo.

Was told it will take 1 - 2 statement cycles ... after 92 days days since her activation.

She asked for supervisor ... to double check on this ...

Supervisor confirmed this ... and told her that it will probably occur end of July or so.

But considering my mother is an old woman, he told her he'll make an exception for her and will issue her the $250 now ... and she should see it as a credit in her MasterCard account within 5 days (or maybe within 5 business days ... -- not 100% sure on this detail).