734 posts
742 upvotes
Ontario

[Tangerine] Tangerine HISA 1.75% Offer - Targeted

Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
Tangerine offer check your insights -
Activate your special savings rate offer of 1.75%* interest now. Tangerine Savings Account(s), until June 20, 2021.
97 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3777 posts
560 upvotes
Just took a look and no luck for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1713 posts
720 upvotes
Amazingly I got one in my wife's account. Have't had an offer there in almost a year
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"
Aug 13, 2020
337 posts
1092 upvotes
sherman51 wrote: Amazingly I got one in my wife's account. Have't had an offer there in almost a year
Thanks OP and everyone !

These promos are designed to bring in New Money and usually, when the promo is over, the regular rates are pretty bad.

And Tangerine seem SUPER finicky with offers like this..... if you have a LOC (Line of Credit) with them that's less than 1.75% interest, you might not get the offer.

If you have money sitting in a savings/checking account at Tangerine, they probably won't make you the offer.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3205 posts
487 upvotes
Don't be nosey
I haven’t received a Tangerine offer for the past two years! Really disappointing.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5830 posts
2198 upvotes
GTEH!
IslandDeal wrote: Thanks OP and everyone !

These promos are designed to bring in New Money and usually, when the promo is over, the regular rates are pretty bad.

And Tangerine seem SUPER finicky with offers like this..... if you have a LOC (Line of Credit) with them that's less than 1.75% interest, you might not get the offer.

If you have money sitting in a savings/checking account at Tangerine, they probably won't make you the offer.

From my Experience:
That's how Tangerine is playing this Game.
Balance = 0. MAYBE receive Interest Promo offer. That's a BIG MAYBE.
Balance IS NOT Zero = NO Offer. Smiling Face With Horns

There's also CT Bank offering 1.8% on their HISA right now.
https://www.myctfs.com/
Last edited by Webhead on Feb 12th, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Aug 16, 2005
664 posts
86 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote: I haven’t received a Tangerine offer for the past two years! Really disappointing.
Call and ask. I never get offers. I ask or vote with my wallet if the offer is no good.
Apr 7, 2019
808 posts
945 upvotes
Got it this time.
4 spots available in Microsoft 365 Family Plan. DM me if interested.
Apr 7, 2019
808 posts
945 upvotes
Webhead wrote: That's how Tangerine is playing this Game.
Balance = 0. MAYBE receive Interest Promo offer. That's a BIG MAYBE.
Balance IS NOT Zero = NO Offer. Smiling Face With Horns

There's also CT Bank offering 1.8% on their HISA right now.
https://www.myctfs.com/
My balance is non-0 ( but less than 1000) and got offer.
4 spots available in Microsoft 365 Family Plan. DM me if interested.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3205 posts
487 upvotes
Don't be nosey
markdweasel wrote: Call and ask. I never get offers. I ask or vote with my wallet if the offer is no good.
I always call but every time they tell me I am not targeted with the offer as that is handled by the backend team. And try to escalate to manager but they won't transfer me.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Nov 8, 2019
3 posts
4 upvotes
Got the offer. About $4K in the savings account, also have a credit cart with them that I use heavily
Last edited by Hapowl on Feb 9th, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 16, 2005
664 posts
86 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote: I always call but every time they tell me I am not targeted with the offer as that is handled by the backend team. And try to escalate to manager but they won't transfer me.
I would take my money out and transfer to EQ bank, Can TIre bank, etc. Anyone who offers more. The offers will start coming after as they'll know you're not going to park your hard earned money @.25% at their crappy bank.
Dec 16, 2019
18 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone successful getting that rate by calling them?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2321 posts
1600 upvotes
Calgary
markdweasel wrote: I would take my money out and transfer to EQ bank, Can TIre bank, etc. Anyone who offers more. The offers will start coming after as they'll know you're not going to park your hard earned money @.25% at their crappy bank.
This is exactly what happened to me. Moved my money to EQ and the next day an offer showed up in Tangerine.
Dec 28, 2006
269 posts
27 upvotes
I got the offer. However i do have one year GIC i bought last year expiring March 31, 2021. I bought under my Savings account. Does this GIC amount count towards my current balance?
coolMan78
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1789 posts
1352 upvotes
coolman78 wrote: I got the offer. However i do have one year GIC i bought last year expiring March 31, 2021. I bought under my Savings account. Does this GIC amount count towards my current balance?
Worth a shot by changing GIC maturity deposit (principal + int) into chequeing account and then transfer the amount to ISA.
I did once a long time ago and got the bonus interest.
That being said, Tangerine might close this 'loophole' if they smarten up its computer algorithms.

Update ...
Forgot to mention, DO NOT make any transfer(s) from a Saving account to another Saving account eg ISA to TFSA, ISA to RSP and vice versa
You need to transfer out from the saving account to a non-saving (chequeing within Tangerine or another FA/bank) in order to qualify for the bonus.
This is just a minor ... rather painless in @$$, just a few more clicks on transfers.
Last edited by imoo2u on Feb 14th, 2021 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
A QUIET MAN IS A THINKING MAN.
A QUIET WOMAN IS A DANGEROUS WOMAN

My Missus said " I don't tell you how to spend your $$, Don't tell me how to spend your $$."
Jan 18, 2007
107 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
Reduced my balance to a few grand last month, finally got an offer.
Nov 23, 2015
24 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Thanks OP! Got the offer this time. Personally, I don't believe this offer is based on account balances but I could be mistaken.
Apr 20, 2006
96 posts
80 upvotes
Got it. I like that these offers also include US Dollar Savings Accounts too.