Tangerine HISA 1.75% Offer - Targeted

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 6:59 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7159 posts
3625 upvotes
West GTEH!
My SO checked her Account and surprise surprise she got the 1.75% offer. She never gets these Interest Rate Promo offers.
And here's the kicker, she has $0.01 balance in her Account. LOL. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Time to move some $$ to TING for 5 months. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thanks OP. and Thanked (upvote) for posting thread.
😎
Dec 30, 2010
74 posts
103 upvotes
North York
Got it after one year blank window, thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1132 posts
457 upvotes
Edmonton
I called in and they wouldnt give me anything close. Moving to EQ to see if i get an offer
Jul 19, 2008
32 posts
13 upvotes
Where do you see any new offers in the app? I tried looking, but didn't see anything new. Was thinking of moving out to EQ since our last promo as ended.
May 3, 2015
164 posts
56 upvotes
BC
My Manulife promo ends soon. Not sure if I want to go with the Tangerine offer or go with EqBank which is only 0.25% less. Unless you have a lot to invest there’s not much gain, and it would mean not having to move your money around again in 4 months. Unless EqBank drops there rates, then I would have to rethink it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7159 posts
3625 upvotes
West GTEH!
If it was me, and received the Offer, I would move it to TING for the 1.75% until June/2021.
Nobody knows what EQ will do in the next few months to June. or what any Bank will do in the next few months.

There's always CT Bank HISA at 1.8% if you don't want to tsf to TING.
😎
Aug 15, 2012
145 posts
85 upvotes
Winnipeg
Can you transfer from a tangerine rsp savings account to a tangerine rsp investing account without fees or any tax ramifications? Wondering if it might make sense to take them up on their 1.49 rsp loan offer, park the money in the savings account until June and then transfer to a rsp investing account.
Jun 26, 2010
804 posts
537 upvotes
Vancouver
My Tangerine 2% special rate expires Feb.28 (back from Oct) so hopefully something gets renewed with Tangerine or EQ.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7159 posts
3625 upvotes
West GTEH!
shabbydog wrote: My Tangerine 2% special rate expires Feb.28 (back from Oct) so hopefully something gets renewed with Tangerine or EQ.
I have the same Promo.
Not holding my breath for a new or Extension Promo. I say this from MY past experiences with TING. Will see towards end of Feb. if I receive anything.
😎
Jun 26, 2010
804 posts
537 upvotes
Vancouver
Webhead wrote: I have the same Promo.
Not holding my breath for a new or Extension Promo. I say this from MY past experiences with TING. Will see towards end of Feb. if I receive anything.
Ya I agree. I have had it happen maybe once before but these promos seem few and farther between. I usually get my money out a couple days before expiry in case a new promo happens. And haven't seen one from Simplii in forever.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7159 posts
3625 upvotes
West GTEH!
shabbydog wrote: Ya I agree. I have had it happen maybe once before but these promos seem few and farther between. I usually get my money out a couple days before expiry in case a new promo happens. And haven't seen one from Simplii in forever.
I've been lucky with Simplii.
Right now on the 2.3% Promo until March 31/2021.
😎
Jun 26, 2010
804 posts
537 upvotes
Vancouver
Webhead wrote: I've been lucky with Simplii.
Whaaa?? This whole time i thought Simplii was outta the game. oh well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7159 posts
3625 upvotes
West GTEH!
shabbydog wrote: Whaaa?? This whole time i thought Simplii was outta the game. oh well.
Simplii = Interest Promo Lottery. Customer targeted.
I notice Simplii has these Promo's in Oct./Nov.. And if you're lucky to receive them.
😎
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2823 posts
2080 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Simplii = Interest Promo Lottery. Customer targeted.
I notice Simplii has these Promo's in Oct./Nov.. And if you're lucky to receive them.
Lucky... they also have a general 2% promo on new money until March 31, 2021 for anyone who asks. I have that active on my account right now but I don’t know where my money should go after that.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1466 posts
758 upvotes
Toronto
When you guys are transferring large amounts of money in and out of Tangerine....is there a maximum amount using the Transfer feature to an external account?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6356 posts
5410 upvotes
Webhead wrote: If it was me, and received the Offer, I would move it to TING for the 1.75% until June/2021.
Nobody knows what EQ will do in the next few months to June. or what any Bank will do in the next few months.

There's always CT Bank HISA at 1.8% if you don't want to tsf to TING.
EQ bank offers 1.5% 90 day gic if you want some certainty on rates and don't win the Tangerine Lottery
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6356 posts
5410 upvotes
skyrink wrote: When you guys are transferring large amounts of money in and out of Tangerine....is there a maximum amount using the Transfer feature to an external account?
online limit is 75k I think, I always have to call in to move money out
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4063 posts
3762 upvotes
on the links!
Webhead wrote: I've been lucky with Simplii.
I'm on the same Simplii promo...they've given me 3 unsolicited offers in the last 18 months.

Just received the Tang 1.75% offer; I'll accept it but won't move any money over until at least April. I'll wait to see if Simplii steps up after March 31.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
2087 posts
1677 upvotes
Montreal
Webhead wrote: That's how Tangerine is playing this Game.
Balance = 0. MAYBE receive Interest Promo offer. That's a BIG MAYBE.
Balance IS NOT Zero = NO Offer. Smiling Face With Horns
I get 1 or 2 times a year offers and my balance is always 1k and over.

Makes no sense your assumption.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23592 posts
12775 upvotes
Toronto
It does look like the best way to play this lottery is to have nothing in the account. I have an account that has been empty for about 4 months, got the offer. Other account has a tiny bit of funds, got nothing.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii