Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

HOT!!! Tangerine Money-Back MasterCard - 15% Cashback upto $150 + $100 GCR Cashback = $250 on $1500 spend

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2024 11:57 pm
Feb 28, 2019
149 posts
221 upvotes
MrGoose8 wrote: Don't apply for this card without credit history, seems like they will reject you; Personal DP from a few months ago.

You're better off to apply for Simplii Visa using their New to Canada Program if you're interested in a keeper card (4% back on Dining, 1.5% PAP, Grocery, Drugstore, 0.5% other)

I think Tang MC is best for those who have built up some credit history, have a few category cards and need to fill in the remaining categories; i.e. Home Improvement, Furniture, Entertainment, etc.
Thanks, this is what we are doing. :)
Nov 6, 2021
7 posts
3 upvotes
It's a no go. I was already with Tangerine and had the previous cashback card. Called and they said it's not applicable. I was annoyed at the pre approval as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
mlallany wrote: Thanks OP for posting this, you are God send, I have been ......
Now if only I could get my wife to say that....Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 15, 2017
65 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga ON
Tuesday 4th printed my equifax (787 score), also opened chequing and savings account at Tangerine. Friday & Saturday deposited $6k total to start changing over from existing bank. I have an excellent credit history with a few late payment here and there (not many) and always pay in full EVERY month. 2 active cc with limits of $12k each, when I tell them to lower to $5k they creep back up anyway. Also have a LOC of $15k for 20 years that I just used and paid off.
I had tried to apply for the Tangerine cc and thought something had gone wrong so I tried a few more times with the message coming back "too many accounts of this kind"???
I just spoke with Tang rep and they say I was declined! I have NEVER been declined for any cc and I usually have only 2. They said I have TOO MUCH CREDIT, even if it's unused. I said I would only need $5k limit on the card and when it is in place I will cancel other card and transfer ALL my banking to Tang...no deal! I am actually in shock! FYI I am a 60+ lady. I think I will go to Scotia for no fee banking and will chat to them about cc.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
Hm tried to apppy. Says something up with my SIN and call in. If I call in I won’t get the bonus ?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4676 posts
1285 upvotes
Hamilton
Does this cc have the cell phone accidental damage I hear about??
Apr 8, 2021
822 posts
1075 upvotes
Poutine
FLAWSOME wrote: Tuesday 4th printed my equifax (787 score), also opened chequing and savings account at Tangerine. Friday & Saturday deposited $6k total to start changing over from existing bank. I have an excellent credit history with a few late payment here and there (not many) and always pay in full EVERY month. 2 active cc with limits of $12k each, when I tell them to lower to $5k they creep back up anyway. Also have a LOC of $15k for 20 years that I just used and paid off.
I had tried to apply for the Tangerine cc and thought something had gone wrong so I tried a few more times with the message coming back "too many accounts of this kind"???
I just spoke with Tang rep and they say I was declined! I have NEVER been declined for any cc and I usually have only 2. They said I have TOO MUCH CREDIT, even if it's unused. I said I would only need $5k limit on the card and when it is in place I will cancel other card and transfer ALL my banking to Tang...no deal! I am actually in shock! FYI I am a 60+ lady. I think I will go to Scotia for no fee banking and will chat to them about cc.
yeah I’ve had a similar experience with Tangerine.
They seem to be pretty strict.
You know that info about your “situation”? Like are you employed/homemaker/etc?
Well it’s aggregated and Tangerine compares it to what you said to other financial institutions.
I highly suspect Tangerine of declining people on this info.
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎

Happy RFD member since 2001.
Happy Public Mobile Customer since 2017
Happy VoIP.ms Customer since 2011

+14
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
FLAWSOME wrote: Tuesday 4th printed my equifax (787 score), also opened chequing and savings account at Tangerine. Friday & Saturday deposited $6k total to start changing over from existing bank. I have an excellent credit history with a few late payment here and there (not many) and always pay in full EVERY month. 2 active cc with limits of $12k each, when I tell them to lower to $5k they creep back up anyway. Also have a LOC of $15k for 20 years that I just used and paid off.
Similar experience with another bank for me.

Got declined for a CIBC CC before for similar reasons but didn't put in nearly as much effort. I moved onto another CC with a different bank.

Don't waste your time with Tangerine imho. Don't think it's worth the effort tbh.
Nov 9, 2017
240 posts
71 upvotes
Edmonton
dealHunter9669 wrote: Quick Question - Should I leave it blank or use a partners code for the following. I'm worried if I use an Orange key, I might not be eligible for the 15% spending offer. Please help. Thank you Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

Enter Orange Key® or Promo Code
Did someone refer you using their Orange Key, or do you have a promo code from a special offer? Enter it here. Offers can't be combined – only one code can be used.
Please answer Person With Folded Hands
Koodo, Public Mobile, Telus, Tangerine Bank, HSBC, Mylo,
Drop, WealthSimple, Swagbucks, AwardWallet,
Apr 6, 2009
80 posts
18 upvotes
ontario canada
Sorry if this question has been asked already, but I am a Tangerine credit card holder, is there a referral bonus/code that I can give my husband to open a tangerine credit card? if so, what is the referral bonus...if there is one?
May 5, 2021
671 posts
338 upvotes
Ottawa
Card approved. Can we track the shipping status and have it expedited?
Jun 24, 2010
26 posts
1 upvote
loves tweet wrote: Sorry if this question has been asked already, but I am a Tangerine credit card holder, is there a referral bonus/code that I can give my husband to open a tangerine credit card? if so, what is the referral bonus...if there is one?
What I did is give my family member my "orange key" to set up an account with Tangerine (you start off with a savings account) - it says to keep $250 in their account for 2 months then you both get $50. Then I referred her with my email address on GCR which gives me a % based on what she earns in cash backs (got about $31 after she was approved for the card), once GCR account is set up/logged in you click the link to apply for the card through the GCR site. So far we both see the money in the GCR accounts, time will tell for the Tangerine referral.
Dec 17, 2019
333 posts
208 upvotes
Has anybody received the cashback from tangerine here? It says 1-2 cycles after promotion period but nothing received on my end. Applied during October promotion. There was no separate transaction list which was dedicated for this 1K spending on tangerine app.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2009
3137 posts
466 upvotes
applicants must be a new Tangerine credit card Account Holder.
as in, never had one before? or don't currently have one
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
4100 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
How long does it take for the card to arrive? Applied and approved 9 days but nothing in the mail yet
Mar 16, 2016
282 posts
180 upvotes
Gommes wrote: Has anybody received the cashback from tangerine here? It says 1-2 cycles after promotion period but nothing received on my end. Applied during October promotion. There was no separate transaction list which was dedicated for this 1K spending on tangerine app.
I’m still waiting for it, applied in October
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3019 upvotes
Toronto
Homer88 wrote: How long does it take for the card to arrive? Applied and approved 9 days but nothing in the mail yet
Be patient.
I was impatient wondering where the card was, and called in on day 6.
They said there was a technical problem and never got sent out. So he canceled that card and put in an order to send me another one.
Of course a card arrives the next day...which was the canceled card ( I knew as the last four digits didn't match the numbers online when activating the card)
So I called them again...they ordered another card which arrived a few days later.

That said, it might not hurt to call and see if it was indeed sent out.
Aug 12, 2014
379 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto, ON
1. " applicants must be a new Tangerine credit card Account Holder." , is it true?
I had Tangerine Money Back credit card 2 years ago.
This time, I applied for Tangerine World Credit card through GCR, it is different than my previous Tangerine Money Back CC. It approved right away. I got $125 cashback in my GCR account from GCR the next day.

2. " 15% cashback on $1000+ spending over 1st 2 month..."
I was wondering if I were eligible for the extra $150 cashback from Tangerine.
Has anybody received the 15% cashback from tangerine here? Is there a separate transaction list dedicated for 15% cashback under the regular transaction . Therefore I could test- buy something and check it out on my own.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
1468 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
From what I can tell, after the first 60-day period for the promo period to accumulate up to $1k spend, we have to wait another 1-2 billing cycles before receiving the 15% CB (I think the Terms and Conditions state 10% CB, but I’m going to assume that’s a mistake).

Can anyone verify this timeline?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2012
1429 posts
100 upvotes
Is it 2 months (January. February) or 60days (Ex. Jan 17- March 17) after you apply for the credit card or is it when you activate it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)