Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

HOT!!! Tangerine Money-Back MasterCard - 15% Cashback upto $150 + $100 GCR Cashback = $250 on $1500 spend

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2024 11:57 pm
Jul 5, 2021
152 posts
172 upvotes
Just had the worst experience trying to apply for this card.

A while ago I tried to open a chequing account with Tangerine, but gave up when I was asked to verify my identity at Canada Post. In order to apply for this card, I tried using my old credentials, but it doesn't work anymore, instead it prompts me to call them when I try to log in.

So that's what I did, but when the CSR pulled up my profile they couldn't see any information, therefore I got transferred to the security team. After more than an hour on hold, I was told that last time I had to go to Canada Post because there was something wrong with my credit report, and I have to call TransUnion to fix it.

There are two problems. First of all, I have a paid TransUnion subscription and can't find anything wrong with my credit report. Secondly, I am willing to go to Canada Post this time to verify my identity, all they needed to do was to delete my profile so I can start over (which their Twitter CSR insisted was possible), however on the phone they kept asking me to call TransUnion and trying to hang up on me when I was trying to explain the situation.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
ah this card is the same as the world tang card, i thought this was a different card lol , i should have waited to apply , last year this world card only got me 100$ amazon gc i think
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 16, 2020
394 posts
565 upvotes
How long does it take to get the cashback? It hasnt showed up on the account after a month
xtreme to the maximum
Jan 19, 2005
91 posts
62 upvotes
Barrie
xtremeguy wrote: How long does it take to get the cashback? It hasnt showed up on the account after a month
Same question.
I got my card in mid October, still haven’t received the 15% yet.
Sep 27, 2017
171 posts
209 upvotes
Platypoos, ON
Searchin4deals wrote: Don't risk it. May as well habe each person use their own GCR account as there's a stacking opportunity.

I used my GCR account to refer my wife, and siblings to open their GCR. When they use GCR for the next 3 years , I get 15% of their GCR CB. They still get 100% of their own CB. E.g. I got 15% of their total CB when they successfully got their amex SCP cc and now again for this Tangerine moneyback CC

Hope that makes sense. If not I can try at explaining again.

Edit: straight from GCR referral details. Link
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/ref ... ter/124142

"Get 15% of all cash back rebates your referrals collect for the next three years.

You will earn a Referral Bonus on all Cash Back Rebates earned by any new member you refer for three years from the time your referral becomes a member. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer to Great Canadian Rebates.

For example :

One person you refer who gets $100 in cash back rebates for each of the next three years.
You will receive $15 + $15 + $15 or $45 in total for ONE referral."

It looks like GCR has become even more generous.

They have now bumped this up to 25%!
Sep 27, 2017
171 posts
209 upvotes
Platypoos, ON
FLAWSOME wrote: Tuesday 4th printed my equifax (787 score), also opened chequing and savings account at Tangerine. Friday & Saturday deposited $6k total to start changing over from existing bank. I have an excellent credit history with a few late payment here and there (not many) and always pay in full EVERY month. 2 active cc with limits of $12k each, when I tell them to lower to $5k they creep back up anyway. Also have a LOC of $15k for 20 years that I just used and paid off.
I had tried to apply for the Tangerine cc and thought something had gone wrong so I tried a few more times with the message coming back "too many accounts of this kind"???
I just spoke with Tang rep and they say I was declined! I have NEVER been declined for any cc and I usually have only 2. They said I have TOO MUCH CREDIT, even if it's unused. I said I would only need $5k limit on the card and when it is in place I will cancel other card and transfer ALL my banking to Tang...no deal! I am actually in shock! FYI I am a 60+ lady. I think I will go to Scotia for no fee banking and will chat to them about cc.
Sorry to hear about your poor experience.

In case you were not aware, Tangerine is actually owned by Scotiabank.
Dec 16, 2020
394 posts
565 upvotes
Norva wrote: Same question.
kenken3686 wrote: Same as above, been like 3 months
Looks like we got scammed
xtreme to the maximum
Jun 28, 2018
67 posts
59 upvotes
Keeps failing on me on SIN step, for some reason it can't pull SIN details. Any ideas guys?
Existence is pain.
Jan 11, 2022
24 posts
31 upvotes
I might be dumb but I don't see anything asking this:
Will buying an iPhone count towards the 15% or just groceries?
Oct 16, 2021
31 posts
2 upvotes
54sakkie wrote: I might be dumb but I don't see anything asking this:
Will buying an iPhone count towards the 15% or just groceries?
weeeellll even though they're called 'Apple', I don't think Tangerine has them listed under the grocery category
Nov 21, 2018
92 posts
99 upvotes
DealersChoice2018 wrote: Keeps failing on me on SIN step, for some reason it can't pull SIN details. Any ideas guys?
No problems for me. Just got instant approval.

I do already have a bank account with them.

The web site can be very slow at times. Maybe it was timing out on your SIN.
Dec 20, 2012
583 posts
532 upvotes
Barrie
DealersChoice2018 wrote: Keeps failing on me on SIN step, for some reason it can't pull SIN details. Any ideas guys?
Have you ever had any Tangerine/ING accounts? That was my problem when I ran into that...
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
Norva wrote: Same question.
I got the card in mid October too, still no 15%. Seems like it's normal for them to hold out on giving the 15%.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
it takes at least 62 days to get your credit + time to the next statement.

you won't see the credit before then and I'd add another month cycle on top of that before you start to get worried.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3639 posts
3019 upvotes
Toronto
So I'm looking at my account and it shows 2% cash back for groceries I purchased (I must have selected that as one of my categories).

Is this in addition to the 15% cash back on $1500 spent in first 60 days offer?
Jan 19, 2008
360 posts
72 upvotes
I'm going to book a vacation soon, flight + resort stay.

Which category if any does flight fall under? I assume the resort is under hotel/motel.
Dec 17, 2019
333 posts
208 upvotes
belowzeros wrote: The earliest you can see it is 62 days after you activate the card, then forward to the first billing after 62 days, realistically the next cycle after that for a chance for it to show
Soon I’ll receive third statement. I’ll update here.
Sep 29, 2018
184 posts
274 upvotes
Activated my card October 15, but my billing cycle starts on the 4th.
I expect the $150 at the latest on Feb 4th statement since 60 days after activation puts me in December 16th . If not, then I will call them.
Nov 6, 2013
293 posts
121 upvotes
PRINCE GEORGE
So I just tried to sign up my wife for a card, clicked through GCR link, she logged into her tangerine account, and instantly before having anything else pop up it simply said at the top banner under insights, " Your credit card is on its way". I thought it was weird that it didnt even tell her she was approved or for how much, or ask any questions it all, simply said its on its way. I noticed after the fact that she technically already has a world elite card, as she has a secondary card on my account, with me as the primary. Will this exclude her from this promo? It appears the card is coming, but does it count with GCR or the 15% promo?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)