Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

HOT!!! Tangerine Money-Back MasterCard - 15% Cashback upto $150 + $100 GCR Cashback = $250 on $1500 spend

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2024 11:57 pm
Sep 10, 2009
213 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Received the $150 as a credit on March 26.
I activated the card on December 13
Jul 8, 2013
78 posts
49 upvotes
Ottawa
bestknightmare wrote: Please. Let me know what you found out because I already made one big $1,000 purchase
I sent them an email on last Friday and and they have yet responded, may be they just don't want to answer, this most likely means NO.

I did ask them on a previous email regarding the % of rewards on the different categories, they said it depends on the merchant, i.e. 10% does not apply to everything you purchase even within a company . For example if you go to Walmart, you may get 10% on vegetables but may get only 1.5% on a TV.

Another question I asked Canadian Rebate why someone getting $125 and I only getting $100, and they kicked the ball back to the card provider (tangerine), that who is the one that change the amount.
Oct 16, 2011
579 posts
403 upvotes
Is the bonus cash back (15%) on top of the regular cash back rewards? As in you still earn 0.5-2% depending on the category?

Or do the regular rewards only start accumulating once you’ve got your $150?
Feb 18, 2019
478 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto
comparision for moneyback card and World mastercard?
Apr 19, 2018
474 posts
373 upvotes
Wolfe Island, ON
One data point: Applied for M/C World March 25th, got approved (by e-mail) for a very generous amount on Mar 29th and received the card in the mail on April 4th. The 6-point hit for a hard check on my TransUnion credit score happened almost instantly on the day of application.
Apr 19, 2018
474 posts
373 upvotes
Wolfe Island, ON
SohSay wrote: comparision for moneyback card and World mastercard?
On the website, World has in addition to the basic card: 1. accidental loss or damage to a phone either purchased or on a plan worth up to $1,000. 2. CDW on car rentals up to 30 days 3. Paid access to airport lounger ($32 USD per person + tax)
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1579 posts
3140 upvotes
Calgary, AB
SillyRabbit wrote: Is the bonus cash back (15%) on top of the regular cash back rewards? As in you still earn 0.5-2% depending on the category?

Or do the regular rewards only start accumulating once you’ve got your $150?
Bonus cashback is ontop of regular rewards, meaning you are actually earning 15.5-17% until your bonus cashback hits $150.
Jul 8, 2013
78 posts
49 upvotes
Ottawa
Good news to report, Tangerine says the World card entitled one to the 10% reward, from the day of the card activation.
Oct 16, 2011
579 posts
403 upvotes
If I apply for the card for myself and for a family member, each of us first time card holders with Tangerine, can I get two GCR rewards? Two different applications and clicking through GCR each time, once for each account, but only one GCR account.

Any potential issues?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2010
1096 posts
1354 upvotes
Canada
Sorry if this has already been asked.

If I'm a Costco member, should I not keep the CIBC Mastercard I'm being switched over to instead of this one?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3252 posts
2873 upvotes
Montreal
Has the deal (10% cash back) expired? I see "Apply for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card by March 31, 2022 and earn an extra 10% back (up to $100) when you spend up to $1,000 in everyday purchases within your first 2 months.* "
virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Apr 4, 2022
18 posts
119 upvotes
bgallagher wrote: Has the deal (10% cash back) expired? I see "Apply for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card by March 31, 2022 and earn an extra 10% back (up to $100) when you spend up to $1,000 in everyday purchases within your first 2 months.* "
No. When you click through on the Tangerine site you will see "Apply for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card by May 31, 2022 and earn an extra 10% back on up to $1,000 in everyday purchases made within your first 2 months".

It is worth noting that the offer was "earn an extra 15% back on up to $1,000" not too long ago.
Apr 4, 2022
18 posts
119 upvotes
PannTher wrote: Sorry if this has already been asked.

If I'm a Costco member, should I not keep the CIBC Mastercard I'm being switched over to instead of this one?

Thanks!
I am not sure about your CIBC Mastercard, but you will only earn a max of 0.5% cash back on Costco purchases with the Tangerine card. Costco falls under the Other category.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Ph7nam wrote: I activated my account Nov. 18th and received the $150 back to my Tangerine credit card on March 4. I don't have any other accounts with them.
When applying for cc did you have to put in SIN # and open up bank account?

Seems Tangerine requires since opening interest earning account.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Nov 23, 2017
811 posts
549 upvotes
georvu wrote: When applying for cc did you have to put in SIN # and open up bank account?
Yes I needed to provide SIN, no I did not need to open a chequing or savings account
Deal Fanatic
Apr 22, 2003
6423 posts
2210 upvotes
Can you get this money back card for the welcome bonus if you already hold the world elite? I tried but doesn't seem like I can, just want to confirm
Apr 19, 2018
474 posts
373 upvotes
Wolfe Island, ON
Pyro wrote: Can you get this money back card for the welcome bonus if you already hold the world elite? I tried but doesn't seem like I can, just want to confirm
AFAIK, Tangerine does not offer a WE version of its M/C, just the standard card and the World version. If you already have a Tangerine CC, then you do not qualify for the bonus as it only applies to new accounts.

Interesting that Tangerine offers a World version to new applicants without imposing a spend requirement as is the case with many other providers.
Apr 19, 2018
474 posts
373 upvotes
Wolfe Island, ON
Another data point. Although I had chosen three spend categories and associated the card with an existing savings account into which the cashback could be deposited, my first access to the new card on the Tangerine website showed what appears to be the default categories of groceries and restaurants and no third category. It allowed me to input my original three choices online, but they only take effect at the end of this month. Once the bonus period ends, I'll change my choices again to have three 2% categories not otherwise available at that rate or higher from other cards I currently hold.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
1197 posts
633 upvotes
ontario
Finally got my $150, applied late December early January. Now just waiting on the new checking account bonus.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
1353 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
I applied on March 20th and still waiting for my $100 from Tangerine, does that make sense?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)