Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine Mastercard

Tangerine World or Money Back Mastercard with $85 cash back from GCR

Feb 10, 2013
223 posts
53 upvotes
Brampton

Tangerine World or Money Back Mastercard with $85 cash back from GCR

Deal Link:
Price:
$85
Expiry:
January 31, 2020
Retailer:
Tangerine Mastercard
Sign up for new Tangerine World or Money Back Mastercard and you can get $85 cash back from GCR. The old deal was for $75 cash back until Jan 8. They brought it back with $10 more and the new cash back boost expires on Jan 31.

Thanks to @leonheartx for pointing this out. Added separate links to apply for two Tangerine credit cards:

Tangerine World Mastercard - https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... astercard/

Tangerine Money Back Mastercard - https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... edit-Card/

Details about the two credit cards - https://www.tangerine.ca/en/products/sp ... reditcard/
Last edited by mr5ingh on Jan 12th, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
This is a good promotion especially in comparison to the usual $50 they give, and the recent $75 offer promotion. Great Canadian Rebates is similar to Ebates, it just has a worse designed website. They can send you a cheque in the mail with your $75. It takes approx. 5 days after your credit card approval to get the rebate within your GCR account.

The Tangerine Credit card is mediocre for its 0.5% Cash back, but the two 2% categories (usually Gas and Groceries) are awesome!

If any of you are planning on opening a Tangerine Chequing account for the $200 sign up promotion, please open that prior to signing up for this credit card. According to multiple users and Tangerine support, once you are in the system you will be disqualified for the Chequing account offer. This is very important as signing up in the right order gives you $285 worth of bonuses!!!

Please see the following threads for more info:

ratehub-gcr-deal-apply-tangerine-credit ... 5-2339796/
ratesupermarket-ca-tangerine-world-cb-m ... c-2345552/
tangerine-earn-200-when-you-switch-no-f ... s-2345554/
tangerine-100-bonus-when-you-open-new-t ... 9-2289372/
85 replies
Nov 21, 2016
486 posts
779 upvotes
abbotsford
Can anyone confirm if current tangerine MC holders can apply for the world MC and get the rebate?

(Without cancelling the card, waiting 90 days, and reapplying)
Last edited by gyggyg on Jan 9th, 2020 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
This is either the hardest or easiest credit card to get on the market. Comical approval criteria.
May 14, 2008
976 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
0.5% cash back... ? omg....not worth to apply then cancel just for the $85
Sep 11, 2011
830 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
mrblack747 wrote: 0.5% cash back... ? omg....not worth to apply then cancel just for the $85
that's why you keep it and only use it for the 2% cash-back in 3 categories for no annual fee lol
May 14, 2008
976 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
wilhelmthe1st wrote: that's why you keep it and only use it for the 2% cash-back in 3 categories for no annual fee lol
too much thinking involved... you work for 1 hour extra at minimum wage per month, you get way more than that 2%....
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
Not worth it. Credit hit whether you’re pre-approved or not
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
It's a decent card. The 0.5% CB on everything else sucks, but the 2% CB category is good enough. CC extended warranty, mobile device insurance, car rental insurance. All for no fee plus $85. I use it as a joint CC with the wife for groceries and reoccurring bills and the 2% CB goes into our joint savings account. It's really the only reason I still have this card. It's simple for us.

With that said, the Rogers Mastercard is the better card overall.
Sep 25, 2018
969 posts
1987 upvotes
mrblack747 wrote: too much thinking involved... you work for 1 hour extra at minimum wage per month, you get way more than that 2%....
Where is hiring for a position that only work 1 hour at minimum wage a month?
Before you speak: THINK
T = is it True? H = is it Helpful? I = is it Inspiring? N = is it Necessary? K = is it Kind?
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
mrblack747 wrote: too much thinking involved... you work for 1 hour extra at minimum wage per month, you get way more than that 2%....
Why are you even here then? You can say this with basically everything here.

Do you post this in every thread? How much time do you waste spending on forums and internet? You can work a few hours a month at minimum wage instead.
Feb 10, 2013
223 posts
53 upvotes
Brampton
mrblack747 wrote: 0.5% cash back... ? omg....not worth to apply then cancel just for the $85
0.5% is for everything else. You can also earn 2% on 3 categories which is pretty decent. Plus you get 4% earning boost for first 3 months after approval. I use this card on regular basis and the no annual fee makes it one of my top cards.

And plus now you can $85 extra to own this card :)
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
It is? And im the make things easy type of guy. Heck, the one 2% category can be automatic bill payments, so you have 2 categories to remember to use it for, gas and groceries. Other cash back credit card for EVERYTHING else.

Pretty simple. I make about 2K in cash back a year, doing a little work. In fact no work, compared to a minimum wage job
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Jan 9th, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 10, 2013
223 posts
53 upvotes
Brampton
gyggyg wrote: Can anyone confirm if current tangerine MC holders can apply for the world MC and get the rebate?

(Without cancelling the card, waiting 90 days, and reapplying)
I don't believe so. The rebate is coming from GCR and it mentions that its for new applications only.
May 14, 2008
976 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
WikkiWikki wrote: It is? And im the make things easy type of guy. Heck, the one 2% category can be automatic bill payments, so you have 2 categories to remember to use it for, gas and groceries. Other cash back credit card for EVERYTHING else.

Pretty simple. I make about 2K in cash back a year, doing a little work. In fact no work, compared to a minimum wage job
holy sh!t , you spend over 100K with credit cards..... omg....if you are using it for business, I get it.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
mrblack747 wrote: holy sh!t , you spend over 100K with credit cards..... omg....if you are using it for business, I get it.
Family of 5, a card that was netting me 4% cash back on insurance payment. So no, I wasnt spending over 100K a year. Just buying everything we need using credit cards and paying it off when we got home
Dec 26, 2016
99 posts
71 upvotes
This is the first I'm hearing about the World card. Did it just come out? I hold the the old cash-back one but the World one is clearly an upgrade (with the lounge access, mobile device insurance, and the rental car insurance). I'm sure both can be held simultaneously. I also assume I could get the GCR rebate as well as it would be a new application to get the World MC and not a product switch.
Jul 3, 2016
293 posts
216 upvotes
Honestly I’m just about through with Tangerine, sick looking card no doubt but ever since the change over from 1% to 0.5% for other categories imo simpii might be a better option
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1446 posts
729 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Is this $85 the highest $$ value offered for opening a tangerine Mastercard or was there a higher $$ amount offered in the past for opening tangerine MC?
Feb 3, 2008
189 posts
209 upvotes
Montreal
Ah man... I literally just signed up and got approved for this 2 days ago as the 75$ deal was expiring on the 8th. Crying Face
Feb 10, 2013
223 posts
53 upvotes
Brampton
mike017 wrote: This is the first I'm hearing about the World card. Did it just come out? I hold the the old cash-back one but the World one is clearly an upgrade (with the lounge access, mobile device insurance, and the rental car insurance). I'm sure both can be held simultaneously. I also assume I could get the GCR rebate as well as it would be a new application to get the World MC and not a product switch.
Yes, the World Mastercard is their new introduction with exactly similar rewards but with more perks attached. Only difference is that it requires higher personal or household income for approval.

If you file a separate application for the World Mastercard then you should be eligible for the cash back bonus. Though you will have two cards with same rewards but this could also mean you can use it for 6 categories instead? Maybe you can call Tangerine to confirm if same account can hold both the cards?