Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5921 posts
315 upvotes
Quebec

[Tangerine Money Back Credit Card ] Tangerine World Mastercard upgrade

I logged into my banking and saw an ad for their new card:
Say hello to a new Tangerine World Mastercard®

Upgrade* your current Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card to the new Tangerine World Mastercard and get all the great Credit Card features you love, like no annual fee, personalized categories and unlimited money back monthly, plus new, exclusive benefits:

World Mastercard Benefits:
Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage
Insurance**: Damage and theft protection for your car rental when you rent for up to 31 consecutive days and charge the full cost of your rental to your Card.
Mobile Device Insurance**:

Protection on new cell phones, smartphones or tablets when you charge the full cost to your Card, or when you purchase it through a plan and charge all of your wireless bill payments to your Card. Covers up to $1,000 if your mobile device is lost, stolen, accidentally damaged or experiences mechanical failure.

Mastercard Airport Experiences Provided by LoungeKey***:
Make the most of your travel with Mastercard Airport Experiences Provided by LoungeKey. Your complimentary membership gives you exclusive dining, retail and spa offers in over 400 airports worldwide, along with access to over 1,000 lounges at $32 USD per visit. Learn more at airport.mastercard.com.

Accept your upgrade in a few quick clicks. We’ll just get you to confirm a few details, accept the Terms and Conditions, and you’ll be all set. You can continue using your current Card until you receive and activate your new Tangerine World Mastercard.

More about the upgrade
Will it require a credit check?

No, upgrading to a Tangerine World Mastercard won’t involve a credit check and won’t impact your credit score.
Will my Account Number change?

Yes, your Tangerine World Mastercard will have a new Card and Account Number. You’ll want to provide the new information to any payees who have your Card on file, and if your Card is in your mobile wallet, you’ll need to update that, too.
What will happen to my Rewards?

Your Rewards and 2% category choices will carry over to the new Card. The Tangerine Money-Back Rewards program applies to the World Mastercard. See the Tangerine Money-Back Rewards Program for full details.
Are the interest rate and fees the same?

There will be no changes to the interest you pay on purchases and cash advances. Fees are also the same.†
When will I receive my new Card?

Your World Mastercard will come in the mail within 7-10 business days. You can continue using your current Card until you receive and activate your new Tangerine World Mastercard.
What about my Authorized Users?

You’ll receive new Cards for your Authorized Users, too.

Stuff the Tangerine® Lawyers Make Us Say:

*This offer to upgrade your current Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card Account (the “Current Account”) to the replacement Tangerine World Mastercard Credit Card Account (the “Replacement World Account”) is based on the credit and financially related information Tangerine Bank (“Tangerine”) has about you including your annual purchases on your Current Account, which needed to be at least $15,000 for you to be eligible for this offer for the Replacement World Account. All terms of this offer to upgrade your Current Account to a Replacement World Account expire at 11:59 pm ET on February 19, 2020.

Tangerine reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer, including the credit limit, even after acceptance by you, if a change occurs in your credit rating or other eligible criteria since being selected for this offer, or based on any additional information provided at the time of acceptance. This limited time offer only applies on your Current Account and is not transferrable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Accounts must be in Good Standing in order to receive Money-Back Rewards. See the Tangerine Money-Back Rewards Program Terms & Conditions for full details.

**Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC). ABIC, its subsidiaries, and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc. Coverage is subject to eligibility, limitations and exclusions. For details of the coverage, including definitions and benefits, refer to the Certificate of Insurance provided with the card.

***Offers vary by location. See airport.mastercard.com or the Mastercard app for more details. For a full list of the Terms and Conditions of use, visit airport.mastercard.com/terms-of-use. The Mastercard Airport Experiences offers are made available to you through Mastercard. Tangerine Bank is not responsible for the Mastercard Airport Experiences or any offers made available under those offers. Fees for this benefit are subject to change by Mastercard.

†See your Tangerine Credit Card Application Disclosure Statement for full details. Rates and fees are subject to change.

Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.

Tangerine is a registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under licence.

Forward Banking is a registered trademark of Tangerine Bank.
I'm upgrading, but I'm just posting this thread to give the chance to someone to find a negative point on this offer.
Share:
9 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20031 posts
5419 upvotes
Good Morning
I upgraded too,I liked the old cards translucent bits but it's not that big of a deal ahaha
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2089 posts
1512 upvotes
Is there a income requirement like all the other World MC cards?
Jan 21, 2013
580 posts
568 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Is there a income requirement like all the other World MC cards?
Looks like just $15,000 mininum annual spending OR $60,000 personal, $100,000 household - tangerine-world-mastercard-upgrade-2327 ... #p31811745:

*This offer to upgrade your current Tangerine Money‑Back Credit Card Account (the “Current Account”) to the replacement Tangerine World Mastercard® Credit Card Account (the “Replacement World Account”) is based on the credit and financially related information Tangerine Bank (“Tangerine”) has about you including your annual purchases on your Current Account, which needed to be at least $15,000 for you to be eligible for this offer for the Replacement World Account. All terms of this offer to upgrade your Current Account to a Replacement World Account expire at 11:59 pm ET on February 6, 2020. Tangerine reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer, including the credit limit, even after acceptance by you, if a change occurs in your credit rating or other eligible criteria since being selected for this offer, or based on any additional information provided at the time of acceptance. This limited time offer only applies on your Current Account and is not transferrable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Accounts must be in Good Standing in order to receive Money‑Back Rewards. See the Tangerine Money‑Back Rewards Program Terms & Conditions for full details.
Dec 1, 2017
230 posts
178 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
genericasianguy wrote: Looks like just $15,000 mininum annual spending OR $60,000 personal, $100,000 household - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/tangeri ... #p31811745:
The folks who meet the criteria for the personal or household income minimum, but uses the card miserly and/or keeps savings/chequing accounts in another bank. They get added advantages over the commoners. Dangit.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Mar 22, 2016
39 posts
21 upvotes
The additional benefits don't look that much better over the base card.
Aug 1, 2013
428 posts
333 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
windrixx wrote: The additional benefits don't look that much better over the base card.
But free upgrade so might as well
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11584 posts
1513 upvotes
The phone protection is good. I am not certain but I don't think either my BMO WE or PC WE or Rogers WE offers it. I just hope it's not black I don't want anyother black card they are here to distinguish between each other. Hard to read the numbers too when online shopping in the dark hiding from wife.