Tangerine Money-Back MC (10% CB on $1,000 Spending within first 2 months!)
NOTE: This is continuation of the original thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/tangerin ... s-1696103/
FYI: 10% CB on first $1,000 spending within first 2 months
Current CB/GC offers:
pkthree wrote: ↑ * Great Canadian Rebates ($100): https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... edit-Card/ and https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... astercard/
* High Interest Savings ($100 e-Transfer; $105 Amazon GC): https://cashback.highinterestsavings.ca ... offer/7072 and https://cashback.highinterestsavings.ca ... offer/7069
So to start off this is an amazing card. It completely owns the MBNA Smart Cash (Thanks TD for making it worst, although it does have a better 5% CB for gas/groceries for 6 months) and is one of the best no annual fee CC card in the market imo. Starting 04/29, the card will have some (bad) changes, refer to: https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-pag ... index.html
Let's get to the features:
- Earn 2% CB on purchases in two selected 2% CB categories, and 0.5% CB on all other purchases (1% pre-04/29/17).
- If you have CB deposited into your Tangerine Savings Account, you will be able to get three selected 2% CB categories
- Categories available: Grocery, Furniture, Restaurants, Hotel-Motel, Gas, Recurring Bill Payments, Drug Store, Home Improvement, Entertainment, Public Transportation and Parking (Refer to here for more info)
- You can change your 2% CB categories every 90 days (First change can be done in 30 days).
- CB is paid monthly, can be applied to statement balance or deposit to Tangerine Savings Account
- No limit on CB earned
- Pending transactions appear on online banking as you use the card
- 2.5% foreign conversion fee (1.5% pre-04/29/17)
- No annual fee, free supplementary cards
- Purchase Assurance, which may automatically cover loss, theft or damage, in excess of other insurance, for 90 days from the date of purchase
- Extended Warranty, which may double the period of repair services, to a maximum of one additional year, when the original manufacturer’s warranty expires
You can apply for the card at:
Tangerine (no CB): https://www.tangerine.ca/en/spending/cr ... index.html
GCR ($40 CB): Google GCR
Rate Supermarket (Nothing atm): https://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals/tangerine
Ratehub ($75 GB): https://www.ratehub.ca/credit-cards/pro ... ct-23-2019
Note: Using the card on walmart.ca will NOT count towards the 2% Grocery reward category, even though it is listed as a grocery transaction!!
To get 2% CB on Walmart.ca, buy Walmart GC at Walmart with the card to use online (credit to Martydxb)
PS: Check on the links to see the most updated rate as they can change.
How to change reward categories: (1) Click on the "Manage Rewards" link on the main page, (2) Click on the blue "Change" button in the next page, (3) ...and you are there! (Again, the first change can be done in 30 days, after that it has to be 90 days)
How to change cash back method: (1) Click on the "Manage Rewards" link on the main page, (2) Click on "Change" on the bottom right in the next page, (3) ...and you are there!
More info will be added as they come in. Let me know if I am missing anything.