Credit Cards

Tangerine Money-Back MC (10% CB on $1,000 Spending within first 2 months!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2023 9:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
UberEats merchant now exists different from Uber?
Does anyone know this works on simplii as well?
Mar 15, 2011
559 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
Just got this card, l finally cancelled my capital one card. Wish they had better categories on this.

Maybe if enough people give feedback on some unique categories, they will introduce new ones?:))
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1510 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
saw this new benny ... notification i my 'insights'
Boingo Wi-Fi for Mastercard®^ new badge
Your Tangerine World Mastercard keeps you connected with access to over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world with Boingo Wi-Fi for Mastercard Cardholders.
Mar 23, 2004
47728 posts
13904 upvotes
Markham
GreenFinGirl wrote: Just got this card, l finally cancelled my capital one card. Wish they had better categories on this.

Maybe if enough people give feedback on some unique categories, they will introduce new ones?:))
highly doubt that, but never hurts to try.
Mar 15, 2011
559 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: highly doubt that, but never hurts to try.
I have already given this feedback, hoping more people will do so....
Nov 22, 2019
962 posts
782 upvotes
TO
Does anyone know what category to select for Medical Expenses ? Things like Dentist etc.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3456 upvotes
Toronto
bobclair wrote: Does anyone know what category to select for Medical Expenses ? Things like Dentist etc.
I think that falls into the other category. There is no 2% for that, just the 0.5% default rate.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3763 posts
1545 upvotes
Montreal
does anyone know if purchasing consoles and games at SDM consider drug store works for the full cashback value?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4430 upvotes
BC
tarushin wrote: does anyone know if purchasing consoles and games at SDM consider drug store works for the full cashback value?
That should work, yes.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
2511 posts
229 upvotes
Just got my 150 bucks back, but it goes directly to the card - I was expecting it to be sent to savings like the other cashback stuff.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
firehawk12 wrote: Just got my 150 bucks back, but it goes directly to the card - I was expecting it to be sent to savings like the other cashback stuff.
If you're in a credit balance, can you ask them to move it over/send you a cheque?
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)
Mar 23, 2004
47728 posts
13904 upvotes
Markham
firehawk12 wrote: Just got my 150 bucks back, but it goes directly to the card - I was expecting it to be sent to savings like the other cashback stuff.

If you only have 2 categories, the credit will go to your card instead of savings. Looks like you have to choose the 3 category option in order for the money to go into savings.
Images
  • Screenshot_1.png
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6412 posts
2625 upvotes
Mort Réal, QC
angel_wing0 wrote: Image

If you only have 2 categories, the credit will go to your card instead of savings. Looks like you have to choose the 3 category option in order for the money to go into savings.
Pretty sure @firehawk12 mentionned the regular cashback was deposited in the savings account (implying the 3 categories choice was made indeed), and that's what triggered the "shock" of seeing the bonus credited on the card statement.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Always on lookout for deals on quality goods and services.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If you're referring to the new card promo bonus, this is Tangerine's standard practice. They put intro bonus as statement credit even if you have your regular monthly cashback deposited into savings.
Mar 23, 2004
47728 posts
13904 upvotes
Markham
aweawea wrote: If you're referring to the new card promo bonus, this is Tangerine's standard practice. They put intro bonus as statement credit even if you have your regular monthly cashback deposited into savings.
..wow totally out of left field. Did they mention that anywhere in their terms?
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
2511 posts
229 upvotes
Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant - I have my three categories set for deposit into savings, but the 15% promo cashback goes directly back onto the card itself (and I assume there's no withdrawal mechanism from it).

I just need a reason to use the card again soon. lol
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2007
5330 posts
3052 upvotes
Scarborough
jimbob12341 wrote: Does anyone know if you can request a credit limit DECREASE?
Yes, you can.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1860 posts
935 upvotes
Troydabes wrote: That WE card is too good to be true. 3 3% with 0 forex fee and no annual fee.
It’s not gonna happen Face With No Good Gesture‍♂️ especially nowadays when almost all popular cards were devaluated or changed in some ways.
Nov 22, 2019
962 posts
782 upvotes
TO
Apart from Groceries and Restaurants, whats a good third category for cash back ?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)